Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2006 10:46am

Style: wrestling, Bjj, fi ting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Franklin V Crow Penn V GSP

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=3811

The UFC officially announced two bouts for its March 4 Pay-Per-View event, which will be held at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Cincinnati's Rich Franklin (Pictures) puts his middleweight crown on the line against fan favorite David Loiseau (Pictures). Franklin scored a brutal knockout against Team Quest's Nathan Quarry (Pictures) in his first title defense last November at UFC 56 "Full Force."

It was also announced that B.J. Penn (Pictures), who returns to the Octagon for the first time since choking out UFC welterweight champion Matt Hughes (Pictures) in January of 2004, will face Sherdog.com's 2005 Breakout Fighter of the Year, Georges St. Pierre (Pictures).

St. Pierre looks to run his win streak to five in hopes of a second shot at Hughes' 170-lb title.

UFC 58
    March 4, 2006
    Mandalay Bay Events Center
    Las Vegas, Nevada

Both fights sound great. I hope they put together a decent undercard. As much as I love GSP, I think Penn will just be toying with him.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    1/09/2006 12:19pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A game (and fit) Penn is the best fighter in the world.
    A lazy (and chubby) Penn is a tough fighter but beatable.

Coin flip to see who shows up.

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    1/09/2006 1:17pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yea, I really like St. Pierre, but Penn is an oustanding fighter and I think it will be a good match up.

Then you have St. Pierre's in house training partner Loiseau to fight Rich Franklin, I think it will be the toughest fight yet for Rich Franklin if Rich gets in trouble and is on his back with Loiseau throwing mean elbows.
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2006 6:14pm

Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Those two fights alone guarantee me buying the ppv.

I think GSP stands a chance against BJ Penn. GSP is looking better and better in every fight. I think he will push BJ to his limits.

I don't think Loiseau will be much of a challenge for Franklin. Franklin has superior standup and ground work. I predict a quick knockout by Franklin.

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    1/10/2006 2:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why do you say Franklin's standup is superior to Loiseau's? Loiseau I thought, well when I have seem him fight, has pretty decent standup.

Never seen him go for many subs though, but is able to handle his own on the ground as well.
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2006 7:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    franklin by RNC
    penn by Sexual Abuse

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2006 8:54pm

Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    Why do you say Franklin's standup is superior to Loiseau's? Loiseau I thought, well when I have seem him fight, has pretty decent standup.

Never seen him go for many subs though, but is able to handle his own on the ground as well.
    Loiseau does have solid standup. He throws some powerful elbows from the clench, and he has decent hands. Plus he has some nice kicks. Franklin, however, has great foot work and heavy hands. He does a great job attacking at angles, and he is much more technical. I donít see Loiseau being able to trade punches with Franklin and coming out on top.

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    1/10/2006 9:38pm

Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Penn can't andle his riddum.

And Forrest is going to fucking annihilate Tito " I can't do **** besides GNP" Ortiz. Both are good grapplers but Forrest is a tougher SOB in my opinion, Tito keels over when he can't take the pain(Shamrock, Liddell). Not to mention Ortiz has no striking, Forrest has decent enough striking - enough to KO him out.

Posted On:
    1/10/2006 10:35pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Franklin is impressive. Look at his recent history with decent stand-up fighters. He tore Tanner apart systematically after Tanner put together an impressive string of wins. He knocked the daylights out (literally), and totally overmatched a guy who many thought was the cream of the TUF1 crop. Loiseau has a very good stand-up game, and has a punchers chance, but I give the stand-up advantage to Franklin. hen you consider that Franklin's ground game is likely superior...Franklin by submission in Rd2.

GSP vs. Penn is an OUTSTANDING fight. GSP, despite being caught by Hughes, is IMHO the top of that class at the moment. I think he takes Hughes in a rematch. However, he must now get buy an always dangerous Penn. A well-tuned and fit Penn is extremely tough...but is he tuned? is he fit? A give a slight advantage on the ground to Penn and advantage standing up to GSP...GSP by decision after three excellent, exciting rounds.

('._.)

Posted On:
    1/11/2006 5:38am

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BJ, GSP, Franklin and Louseu...wow, pretty much all my favourite UFC fighters in one show. This will be amazing.
    Last edited by Draven; 1/11/2006 5:41am at .
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast