Sponsored Links Spacer Image

('._.)

Posted On:
    1/09/2006 10:06am

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Djimbe´s thoughts on boxing

Well, I´m a member of Gamefaqs and I was lurking around the martial arts forum. Lots of bullshido there, most of which comes from Bullshido.com´s old friend Djimbe. I ran into a thread where he was argueing with some boxer, and the stuff he says is, erm, well just see for yourself: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gen...topic=25456793 If you miss reading his bullshit on here, you will like this thread.

REAL Boxers take two to four YEARS before theyre EVER even ALLOWED to Spar with another Student , because they need to work on their hands and Skills and Delivery BEFORE being allowed to work with anothewr Pupil . Before that time comes Speedbag , Roadwork , Heavybag , Ropework , Double End Bag , Padwork , Shadowboxing ... again and again , and again and again and again .
    Oh my...

And when someone starts argueing against that Djimbe claims he knows Larry Holmes, and Larry told him he trained for 4 years before sparring, and he was only able to beat Ali because of that. Djimbe also claims he frequently visits a "boxing school" near him where Holyfield, Tyson and many others were trained. And thats where is "great knowledge" on boxing comes from.
    Last edited by Draven; 1/09/2006 10:09am at .

('._.)

Posted On:
    1/09/2006 10:20am

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They are Honing their Tools like Sharpening blades . Theyre Changing their bodies to become Punching Mechanisms with VERY little Margin for error . Sparring DOES have things that The other things do not . They just arent needed yet . Until you have speed accuracy , percision , and Timing at everythign else , plus loads of ENdurance to make sure that your skills never get Sloppy , what difference does it make if you spar ? Youll just spar like Crap . Youll punch like most MMA fighters .
    -Djimbe

The r34l Drunken Jiu Jitsu

Posted On:
    1/09/2006 12:11pm

supporting member
     Style: _razilian _iu _itsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Royce by armbar.
    :google:

Number of bottles of beer downed by me and my girlfriend within a half hour while playing the Channel 7 "how many times will they say 'snow' game" during the "Blizzard of '06": 3.5 each.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    1/09/2006 12:24pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    his spelling is improving slowly over time. He might be typing in english by the time he's 45.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Posted On:
    1/09/2006 12:29pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We all know GameFAQs is the martial arts equivalent of the Eye of Terror. Why do you need to bring their garbage over here?

The r34l Drunken Jiu Jitsu

Posted On:
    1/09/2006 12:32pm

supporting member
     Style: _razilian _iu _itsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    his spelling is improving slowly over time. He might be typing in english by the time he's 45.
    English:

A minute to learn
    A lifetime to master

:englishmo
    :google:

Number of bottles of beer downed by me and my girlfriend within a half hour while playing the Channel 7 "how many times will they say 'snow' game" during the "Blizzard of '06": 3.5 each.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    1/09/2006 12:39pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i am now going to type in the style of e e cummings, purely to save capital letters for djimbe.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/09/2006 1:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    who gives a **** what djimbe writes anymore? really?

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    1/09/2006 1:18pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stupid. I know people that have fought amature matches after 6 months.

Posted On:
    1/09/2006 2:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A year or so ago I read a book on boxing by a former spanish pro boxer and boxing trainer.

Have in mind that this guy fought maaany years ago, like in the 60´s or so, I don´t remmember exactly.

His training methods seemed a bit outdated to me. He said something similar to what djimbe said. On the first year a pupil is trained in physical fitness only, jump rope, a little of lifting weights, bodyweight exercises and the like. After that first year the pupil was taught how to move, and then, how to move and ja, progressing until finally sparring (the last thing in the training method).

The thailand MT instructor who came to our gym taught us technique (specially one-two combinations and roundhouses), but he hadn´t us sparring. I wasn´t able to talk too much on this with him, since he spoke little english an no spanish at all. I think he felt that our technique was so bad, that he´d rather focused on teaching us to roundhouse teh correct.

I don´t know if it´s old school to "not spar too early".

For me, sparring is a everything else in the training regime, it has to be progressive.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast