Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/20/2006 3:26pm

Style: MuayThai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've seen numerous older fights with "the plow" in affect, and often someone will go over the top rope, but manages to either be caught by the ref or catch onto the ropes themselves so they only fall outside the ropes.

This fight particular fight I've posted supposedly had a large role in the decision to ban the technique altogether from fights in Thailand. The fact that they were high-profile/popular fighters in this fight probably had a lot to do with it.

...and did you see how Rainbow's face bounced off the cement when he hit??? Sheesh!!!!!

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    4/20/2006 3:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Khun Kao
    I've seen numerous older fights with "the plow" in affect, and often someone will go over the top rope, but manages to either be caught by the ref or catch onto the ropes themselves so they only fall outside the ropes.

This fight particular fight I've posted supposedly had a large role in the decision to ban the technique altogether from fights in Thailand. The fact that they were high-profile/popular fighters in this fight probably had a lot to do with it.

...and did you see how Rainbow's face bounced off the cement when he hit??? Sheesh!!!!!

yeah, that didn't look fun...
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2008 3:19pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If a much taller opponent has you in the clinch and you are struggling, underhook them around the hips and lift them onto one leg by forcing one hip up. Then explosively drive your head into the opponents chest, driving them off there feet and hard on to their back.

Use this carefully in sparring as it can lead to a KO if your opponent lands on the back of their head, its like one huge rabbit punch.

Great thread so far, some really interesting stuff on a technique that is poorly utilised in western Muay Thai.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2008 2:07am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not sure if I am understanding your description accurately, but I believe you are describing a "back-breaker", where you are attempting to collapse your opponent by pulling their waist into you and applying counter leverage with your head/shoulder to their upper torso. If so, just a warning, that this move is illegal in some competitions, so make sure you clarify with your coach before the fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2008 12:32pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't know the plow was illegal, we still train in it. It's cool because we learn some throws and sweeps from the clinch.

I know of some clinch breaking techniques, like pushing on the face or "swimming" but do you guys have any other cling breaking techniques?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2008 12:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by octaviousbp
    Not sure if I am understanding your description accurately, but I believe you are describing a "back-breaker", where you are attempting to collapse your opponent by pulling their waist into you and applying counter leverage with your head/shoulder to their upper torso. If so, just a warning, that this move is illegal in some competitions, so make sure you clarify with your coach before the fight.
    Its similiar to a back breaker but done more explosively to drive your opponent off their feet, you also pull them onto one leg to reduce their balance. If done well your opponent lands on his/her head. I'll find a pciture/video description in a second...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2008 12:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://members.aol.com/ThaiRing/street3.html

Khun Yak Pa Nang (Giant steals the little Girl) pictures and description 2nd down. Similiar to the back breaker but its used as a throw not a stalling technique.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2008 8:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yup, definitely illegal.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345