Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2006 2:12pm

Style: MT (no, not "empty")

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    Cool, thanks for the info.

Another thing I like doing when I have someone in the clinch is sort of hopping from foot to foot, keeping weight on my opponent's neck/head. This also seems to set up well for knees and is really good for finding different angles to get clean shots in.

Also, I like to push into my opponents collar with my forearm in a quick motion to turn their body and create space for a knee to the solar plexus, or have them turned in for a knee to the floating ribs near the person's back (this hurts even more than the solar plexus, shot in my opinion. Buakaw Por Pramuk TKO'd Katsunori Yoneda with this in a K-1 match).
    If i have could head control, i usually swing their head quickly to one side then down and back in the opposite direction while releasing my grip so they fall, then kick them in the head on the way down. Works good as a setup. Throw them down w/o the kick at the end a couple of times and maybe they see the throw coming & try to recover/catch their balance and avoid going down. They may be so preoccupied with staying up they wont expect foot in the grill. BTW its legal in MT to kick as they go down but its illegal once they are on the ground, But you see a lot of late kicks in MT fights that arent called.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/11/2006 4:38am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    especially in thailand. the old maxim of "protect yourself at all times" definitely applies.

if i have head control (good control) i wouldn't waste it on a throw, i would at least bust out some knees first and then throw. if you can bend them over to the side and throw the knee straight up into the ribcage you can end the fight. you arent gonna end it with a throw and most judges outside of thailand wont even score it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2006 2:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikken Hisatsu
    especially in thailand. the old maxim of "protect yourself at all times" definitely applies.

if i have head control (good control) i wouldn't waste it on a throw, i would at least bust out some knees first and then throw. if you can bend them over to the side and throw the knee straight up into the ribcage you can end the fight. you arent gonna end it with a throw and most judges outside of thailand wont even score it.
    The throw is just one of many moves in the repetoire. It may not end the fight but can be demoralizing and painful. If you dojnt think so, you havent been neck whipped and thrown. Definitely not "a waste". Hell, why "waste" a knee to ribs when you can end a fight with a knee in the face? :ohyea7qh:
    Last edited by daigoro; 1/11/2006 2:18pm at .

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/11/2006 11:49pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah thats why i said bust out some knees first...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2006 2:25pm

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good info. Thanks. Clinch work is one of my priorities before I fight again.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/15/2006 6:48pm

Style: MUAY THAI

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

"crackback"

Quote Originally Posted by daigoro
    Movbe your hips back to create space, bearhug the waist and pull their hips towards yours while you push forward and down into them with your shoulder(s). If successful, they fall backwards. Works best if they are up on their toes. Add hoop/trip if you can.

Ouick info :

The crackback is a banned technik in Muay Thai fights in Thailand because of the possible spine injury chance!Use of it is ethicless and dangerous.Fighters shoud not use it.There is a lots of other move in MT grappling what can be used insted of it.
    Also tru how its been used by time to time - banned or not -but mostly on not pro events.

nuthin' ta f*ck with

Posted On:
    4/16/2006 2:57am

supporting member
     Style: MT/SUB GRAPPLING

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That red font is teh suck.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/16/2006 10:26am

Style: MUAY THAI

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reese
    That red font is teh suck.
    And what about I sad?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/16/2006 2:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiangmai
    And what about I sad?
    Its redundant. I said it was a dirty move and i linked to an article that said it was an illegal move (in MT). Further, its reputation a a "dangerous" technique is overrated. Injury may happen (to your opponent or yourself) if you fall on someone with all your weight, but youre not going to break a guys spine in half with this move. I have been on the receiving end of several and have ended up with nothing more than a bruised ego.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    4/16/2006 4:43pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah id hardly say its -that- dangerous unless you are made out of straw. and anyway, its a muay thai match. not patty cakes.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast