Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2010 9:26am

Style: ju jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have been to 2 Clugston seminars. (Not because I am a fan of anything that he has done, I went because John Saylor was hosting them.) He told us about his linguist skills, how he could speak fluently in 10 languages. There were a couple of guys who spoke french at the seminar, when Clugston spoke to them it was usually in english, with only a spattering of french words mixed in. Having taken high school french I understood the words he was using to them, but he never put a full sentance together. I said a few things to him in spanish(another language he said he spoke fluently), his answers were not to the questions I asked, and a couple of times his syntax was off. Now, these small things that I noticed don't mean that he is lying, but is a strong indication that he is not the "Boxing Linguist" that he calls himself.

Posted On:
    6/20/2011 1:12pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: hun gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This guy is all over youtube now trying to get into intellectual fights with people who know multiple languages and learn them in their free time. He seriously has a chip on his shoulders.

http://www.youtube.com/user/christopheclugston

Posted On:
    6/20/2011 1:22pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    watch a few videos he talks about his experience at DLI.

Posted On:
    6/20/2011 3:24pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Err, you didn't provide a link to any video in which he discusses the DLI. More importantly Chris's military records which are linked here on this thread, indicate he washed out of Arabic class and didn't complete the full Thai class before he was discharged from the army, 10 months into his enlistment. The best independant evidence indicates he couldn't cut it as an army linquist or in the army period.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2011 6:41pm

Style: BJJ, MACP (hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know, you see people misrepresenting Ranger, SEAL or SF service all the time. Clugston's probably the only one I've really seen who props up his DLI time without even having made it to AIT. I mean, if a lamer like me can graduate DLI (ahem, twice), it doesn't speak to his linguistic skill awfully well.

Posted On:
    6/20/2011 10:39pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/christop.../7/yhzYrbJExE4

This is the one where he talks about DLI and FSI.

Yah, I read that about his military record as well. Thanks.

Posted On:
    7/14/2011 10:41pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Koga Ryu Ninjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I knew a girl in school who knew 11 different languages fluently, she was an Italian exchange student. Most of my relatives and friends in northern Europe speak 3 or more languages, usually 5.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789