Our Sponsors:

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 789 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/27/2007 11:55am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No problem on the delay. So if I may summarize, Chris exhibited fighting skill when required while bouncing and this "I got into three nasty fights a weekend" claim is unsupported by what you saw there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 6:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would say that is a fair statement to say that if it happened... I didn't witness it. May have been after I left or a different bar altogether.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/02/2007 7:29am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tai Chi gymkata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My memory serves me correct one of the meanest bars in Oklahoma was the Rose in Muskogee. It was a country dive on US 69. It had several shootings and stabbings. I have a friend who bounced there in the 90's he manages a club in Tulsa now. I could call him and ask him about this Clugston guy.

Posted On:
    2/12/2008 1:08pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think this is bs, though this did not stop me from using the name which is cool sounding as a "official" style in a rpg game..

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/01/2010 4:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've known Clugston for years. He's largely full of ****. He lost his only 2 fights in Tulsa, one to a guy having his first KB match and the other to a wrestler fighting a KB match. Here's a thread I've had going for a while where I'm posting messages between us: http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma....1558525&page=1

Posted On:
    1/01/2010 5:32pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Pillbottle:

I know you were at one of these fights. Could you break it down into.

1) What cluggy claims (and source of claim, link to website ect)

2) What you saw.

3) Explaination of why Cluggy is full of it.

This is the bullshido way :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/01/2010 11:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. For starters, here's the ridiculous list on his "about me" from his face book page at http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000033402010 fighter,ad writer,film maker,stuntman,rally driver,stunt driver,self defense,jkd,beyond kfm,beyond krav maga,adventurer,accelerated learning,language teacher,translator,genius,writer Of course you guys have all seen the claims on his CB and JKD ads. He now has a series out called VDA (Viking Destruction Art) for which he makes similar outlandish claims: http://www.clugston-fightingmoves.co...lfDefense.html So top secret you must sign a non-disclosure agreement to buy it, lol!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/01/2010 11:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He used to post on okfightnews.com, where he touted himself as a world class, A-level fighter, having trained at Vos and Golden Glory. Claimed to be close personal friends w/Bas, etc. The site has been revamped since, and all of those posts are lost. 2.) As for his KB matches in Tulsa, he fought and lost to David Frank in a KB match. David is a wrestler and a MMA guy. He lost a dec and I don't remember many details about that fight. His other KB fight in Tulsa was against Ryan McClain. I was in Ryan's corner that night. Ryan is an MMA guy, and that was his first and only KB fight. Clugston spent the majority of the fight backing up and covering, eventually losing a unanimous dec. He claimed that if the fight had been in Thailand he would have won. I guess they awars points there for using your face as a battering ram.

Posted On:
    1/01/2010 11:36pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When was the McClain fight? Is there any video?

BTW why in the heck did Cluggie end up living in Tulsa, (besides the opportunities to allegedly fight skinheads?)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/01/2010 11:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    3.) Most of what was answered in #1 above should show why he's full of it. I've pressed him on his claims many times, but he never provides any verifiable answers. On a side note, while he lived here in Tulsa he had a student who went by the name the Lumberjack, and somehow Chris talked the Lumberjack into letting him live in his parents' basement. Not relevant to the topic here but funny as hell nonetheless. I've always just considered Chris a source of good comedy and not much of a threat... Anyone with common sense who watches those videos of his can't possibly take him seriously. Then again, there are some stupid people in this world. Anyway, I thought you guys may enjoy the mma.tv thread and would also be interested in his VDA crap.
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 789 LastLast