Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2003 1:41am

Style: WC, etc.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Comhrac Bas"- if I'm spelling that right. Is either Scots Gaelic or Irish for "Fight to the Death". I may not have that right. I have a feeling that it is also from a dictionary and not a correct translation as he may be using it.
    Minor point, I know, but there was a language element to this thread. Someone who knows this better than I do please add something.

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    5/08/2003 10:55pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has the website disappeared?
    I couldn't access it.

--------
    El Guapo says, ""You can buy muscles, but you can't buy COJONES!"
    --------
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Posted On:
    5/09/2003 12:34am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Finger or Moon;

I couldn't connect with this website either. Perhaps it is temporarily down. But you can always read Christophe's ad at http://www.ripfast.com/fight/clugston.html Here he claims to have learned "7 different languages" and rediscovered this fighting style used by gladiators during the time of Julius Caesar. 9None of that later Roman empire technique for Christophe.) It will at least give you the flavor of his claims.

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    5/09/2003 1:24am

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I haven't been out yet. No time. Maybe next week.

"I'm willing to bet I could **** up an emu real good, if I got the drop on the bastard."
    -- KC Elbows, my new hero.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Posted On:
    5/09/2003 1:23pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No problem JKD Chick whenever you have the time. :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2003 12:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think one of my friends actually has his Comhrac Bas tape. I'll see if I can borrow it and give you guys the low-down.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 12:48am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey All,

I actually know Chris Clugston... I actually came across his name due to my being a big MMA fan and thought back about the time that I worked with him.

I met Chris when I was working the door at a college bar in Tulsa, OK back in 95-96. I know he is an intelligent person and a hell of a good fighter (from what I actually witnessed). As to the claim of 10 languages, I can't say that I can verify that, but I believe that he did go to some sort of language school in the U.S. Army back in the late 80s or 90s.

As to the tapes, I got the first group of tapes he did on JKD (don't know the exact name of them) but there is some really good, practical training info in them. Seriously. If you've never fought before and aren't much of an athlete, if you had a partner, you could use the stuff in these tapes. You weren't going to go bust up the Gracie Family Reunion or anything but it might keep you from getting your ass kicked if you got in a tough spot.

I expect that the Comhrac Bas tapes will be along the same vein as the JKD ones. Like anything else, you'll get out of 'em what you put into it. Probably great for those that are beginners or novices and probably not much new for more experienced practioners of self-defense.

As for his intent, I think he's probably quite sincere in delivering a quality product. At the time that I knew him (haven't seen/talked to him in probably 6 years) he was quite determined to put together a style that "worked" in multiple scenarios. All I will say is that before you decide to discount him as making unreasonable claims in his ads (I admit, the ones in BB were pretty, uh, tall) that at the base of it all, there is some good stuff.

Anyway, that's what I know about Chris. I know he's not out to rip anyone off. If you feel that his tapes don't live up to the hype, then post it. But personally, he's a good guy (not a close friend, haven't seen him in years) and is worth a chance.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2003 12:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey All,

I actually know Chris Clugston... I actually came across his name due to my being a big MMA fan and thought back about the time that I worked with him.

I met Chris when I was working the door at a college bar in Tulsa, OK back in 95-96. I know he is an intelligent person and a hell of a good fighter (from what I actually witnessed). As to the claim of 10 languages, I can't say that I can verify that, but I believe that he did go to some sort of language school in the U.S. Army back in the late 80s or 90s.

As to the tapes, I got the first group of tapes he did on JKD (don't know the exact name of them) but there is some really good, practical training info in them. Seriously. If you've never fought before and aren't much of an athlete, if you had a partner, you could use the stuff in these tapes. You weren't going to go bust up the Gracie Family Reunion or anything but it might keep you from getting your ass kicked if you got in a tough spot.

I expect that the Comhrac Bas tapes will be along the same vein as the JKD ones. Like anything else, you'll get out of 'em what you put into it. Probably great for those that are beginners or novices and probably not much new for more experienced practioners of self-defense.

As for his intent, I think he's probably quite sincere in delivering a quality product. At the time that I knew him (haven't seen/talked to him in probably 6 years) he was quite determined to put together a style that "worked" in multiple scenarios. All I will say is that before you decide to discount him as making unreasonable claims in his ads (I admit, the ones in BB were pretty, uh, tall) that at the base of it all, there is some good stuff.

Anyway, that's what I know about Chris. I know he's not out to rip anyone off. If you feel that his tapes don't live up to the hype, then post it. But personally, he's a good guy (not a close friend, haven't seen him in years) and is worth a chance.

Registered Member

Posted On:

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey All,

Registered Member

Posted On:

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey All,

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast