Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    1/13/2006 3:53pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by meng_mao
    It's a bad idea, yes. But he's stood with Fedor, Shogun, Wanderlei twice. Somehow, he has never managed to get hit square on the chin. I think he's just really good at pulling his head back and also changing levels.
    No, he's good at shooting for the takedown whenever anyone gets into arm's reach. He hasn't been hit square standing because every time it's standing up he's running into the clinch or immediately shooting for takedowns.

Not that I dog him for this; I'd do the same thing in an MMA fight. But he has lousy standup, and the fact that he hasn't been KOed is not proof otherwise.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/13/2006 8:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Royal Dragon, Sorry but I cannot supply you with a ISP as I have deleted the posts. I wish I had kept them. It would seem someone has been using your name to start rubbish (I now feel I know who it was). I am sorry that I took all of this the wrong way. I should have contacted you and simply asked you if you were involved in this negative posting.

Look mate, I really have no fight with you other than I simply seek a statement of the truth as you know it regarding one J. Scuffell and his claims to be "Lineage Holder" in Tai Zhu (as this would be a fairly important position one would think) and Whit e Crane. I have his "White Crane" lineage chart but cannot find one person in the White Crane circles who has heard of him let alone knows of him as a "Lineage Holder". Perhaps you have some info I don't hence my contacting you when you said you 'knew of" him.

As for my stance, mate they are old photo's taken from an old web site and to be honest mate I'm not perfect, never said I was! I have heaps of areas I have to and can improve on and I'm honest enough to admit this. I have never set myself up as a "be all, know all". I'm simply a seeker and researcher.

I am happy in my life. I have a lovely family and good job and I enjoy my martial arts (imperfections and all!) I don't let others get to me as I am happy in my life.

Look "RD", I'd love to be able to start a friendship with you if thats at all possible. The rest as they say "Is up to you"
    Last edited by tsuruken; 1/14/2006 2:40am at .

software engineer

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 12:17am

supporting member
     Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatherdog
    He hasn't been hit square standing because every time it's standing up he's running into the clinch or immediately shooting for takedowns.
    I remember several times when he's quickly reared back to avoid hooks and looping straights. But yeah, that's about as much standup skill as he has.

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 12:48am

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    nice empty stance RD...
    http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 2:22am

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon
    MMA examples of good and bad structure
    Is everyone aware of the ridiculousness of a kung fuer attempting to criticize a proffesional MMA fighter?

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 2:54am

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your a fucking moron Hedge.

Go back to sucking Brazilian nuts and get back to us when you've beat anybody of note. While your at it tell Omega he has no business commenting on MMA related threads you fucking retard.
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 3:15am

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hedgehogey
    Is everyone aware of the ridiculousness of a kung fuer attempting to criticize a proffesional MMA fighter?
    You know, I'd be all over that too if it weren't for the fact that he's, y'know, /right/. Arona has shitty standup and a shitty standup posture.

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 3:38am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What? Hedge? BJJ ...whitebelt? Is he blue yet? We all know how feared BJJ bluebelts are for there amazing striking skills.

That and what Fatherdog already said.

I didn't realize that the moment you step into a CMA school your brain falls out of your head and your are no longer competant to critique fighters' styles. Is this going to be a new rule for the "combat sports" forum? No one with a CMA in their profile is allowed to comment anymore?

I guess I missed that bulletin.

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 4:16am

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar
    Your a fucking moron Hedge.

Go back to sucking Brazilian nuts and get back to us when you've beat anybody of note.
    I've competed and gone to a few throwdowns. You don't want to play the dickwaving game with me, mister.

While your at it tell Omega he has no business commenting on MMA related threads you fucking retard.
    I'm sorry Omar, but the presence of Asia and Omega does not give justification to anybody's awkward and emberassing ultra-lo crane and cat stances, nor does it change the fact that the poses you thought were "pretty good" have about as much to do with fighting as playing air guitar has to do with getting multiple, succesive blowjobs from your multi-platinum band's beautiful groupies of your preffered sex, especially considering that Asia and Omega are advanced division/pro fighters and you are a sinophile clearing branches in a public park.

So basically, I do respect Asia and Omega's fighting prowess (if not their Hulk-style "humor") and consider them well qualified to critique someone's game.

You, however, are not.

What? Hedge? BJJ ...whitebelt? Is he blue yet? We all know how feared BJJ bluebelts are for there amazing striking skills.
    I've been a Relson Blue for a year and a half.

I didn't realize that the moment you step into a CMA school your brain falls out of your head and your are no longer competant to critique fighters' styles.
    I didn't think so either, and yet here we are.

Is this going to be a new rule for the "combat sports" forum? No one with a CMA in their profile is allowed to comment anymore?
    With the exception of the two multi-style laughing proud invincible stompmonsters mentioned above, it's already a rule in department of homeland security. Considering that this:

and this:

:-(

seem to be the inevitable results of any thread involving kung fu, I would support the immediate deportation of all kung fu posts that we do not find immediately useful and informative for the majority of actual fighting athletes.
    Last edited by Hedgehogey; 1/14/2006 4:19am at .

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 5:21am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You suggested that somehow there was something humourous about a Kung Fu guy criticising a fighters stand up game.

Your stand up credentials? Zero.

It doesn't matter wether you resepect my opinion or not. You made a broad, illogical, generally retarded generalization. As a BJJ blue what the **** are YOU doing trying to evaluate their standup game. From what we have seen so far you couldn't punch your way out of the proverbial wet paper bag. You competed in a Muay Thai match? Kickboxing? Anything at all that involved standing up and duking it out with someone? Your blue belt doesn't mean **** around here if the topic is a fighters punching style.

And how are the respected stand up fighters around here anyways? I can think of Darkson and Kun Khao. Anyone else besides Omega, Asia and JFS? Kun Khao has given serious props to his CMA friends so what exactly IS your point you little featherweight nerd? The majority of the standup fighters around here with experience are KUNG FU. You can probably produce a pretty substantial list of really good fighters who aren't but guess what....the vast majority are Jujitsu guys.

Let's see:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/atta...&stc=1&thumb=1

What's you point? To use your own puny brained logic....don't you think it's ridiculous that an amateur Jujitsu guy is trying to critique a 10 years+ Kung Fu guys training technique? So you might as well STFU now and pack your bags little man as you are in no position to comment on stuff you have basically ZERO experience in. <----Your own logic there, not mine.

With the exception of the two multi-style laughing proud invincible stompmonsters mentioned above, it's already a rule in department of homeland security.
    Point me to the rule that says you can't criticise unless you have some particular credentials. The forum is moderated and I would expect to have my post deleted or my dumb thread moved out IF I said something dumb or trolling or started an irrelevant thread but last I checked, the only standard was that you were either well informed or asked decent questions. So again.....what exactly about any of the posts on the MMA fighters lousy posture do you have an issue with? So far the only complaint you've lodged was that there were CMA people included in the criticism.

You have disqualified yourself from the discussion anyways as you don't even train in a decent stand up style. Poser.

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011121319 ... LastLast