Posted On:
    1/18/2006 6:09pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesopian
    Not like tai chi.
    Back to get your nose rubbed in pig **** again are you, Assholian? Get your FAG self back to your Blow Job Jerk-Off sub-forum like a good little queer boy as you know nothing beyond playing huggy - huggy with other boyz.

Seems you would have learned your lesson when you publicly backed down from showing up to put up ... guess all that spooge you swallow has gummed up your few remaining brain cells. The BEAST

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    1/18/2006 6:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by liokault
    That's because you're a player of sports, a sports man at best, not a fighter.

aren't you a player of sports?
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    1/18/2006 6:15pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    aren't you a player of sports?
    Of course he is ... "Drinking Beer & Chasing Women" ... the King of Sports ...

Hey Kid, when are you going to drop that "wannabe" part ... party & purging of the "wannabe" post first fight or what?
    Last edited by JFS USA; 1/18/2006 6:42pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2006 6:30pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    Back to get your nose rubbed in pig **** again are you, Assholian? Get your FAG self back to your Blow Job Jerk-Off sub-forum...
    Nothing important, but I fondly remember calling it Blow Job Junkie something back in my futile attempts to troll tung fu.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    1/18/2006 6:40pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Larson
    Nothing important, but I fondly remember calling it Blow Job Junkie something back in my futile attempts to troll tung fu.
    Hehehehehe ... funny. The queer thing isn't a slam on Assholian ... he's open about being Gay ... I just like to **** with him a bit ... er ... not literally mind you ... calm down Assholian I'm an old Man and you like young boyz ... remember?

At any rate, a short while back Assholian got a rush of spooge or sumthin to his head and completely forgot that here it is perfectly acceptable to call on peeps to show up and put up. I guess he felt a bit shy given his meager couple years of Brazilian bullshit and decided that being a coward was "okay" with him.

He has his own sub-forum and when he strays away from it in order to troll a bit I feed him a little. No sense being mean to the guy or anything like that. A good Rule of Thumb when dealing with Assholian is that whatever he posts first think "Uh-huh ... sure thing shitrat."

It helps to frame him context and then a person is freed up to laugh at him. He's a wunnerful joke and it's great he's on Bullshido. I don't think the other MA forums would properly appreciate him and that would be a waste for sure.

Moron

Posted On:
    1/18/2006 7:49pm

Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    Of course he is ... "Drinking Beer & Chasing Women" ... the King of Sports ...

Yup, me and KS have something in common :ohyea7qh:

I am indeed a 'sports man'.

I long ago gave up any pretence that I was training for self defence. I train for fun and when I get serious about training its because I'm training for san shou.

I think there is a very clear line to be drawn between sport, self defence and 'fighting'.

Posted On:
    1/19/2006 1:08am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So can we get some answers from Omar, Royal Dragon and JFS on what they believe the point of stance training is, and whether it's worth it?

My own understanding of stances is this: the point of them has been corrupted. Beatdown Ritchie is correct. The movement is what is important, but people seem to focus on the end result i.e. the stance that happens at the end.

For example, I can understand dropping into a "forward" stance to get more power for a push. The forward stance is essentially the same stance you'd use for a double-leg takedown" rear-leg driving, front knee bent and upright posture to avoid a "snap-down". However, you don't see wrestlers doing stance work - they work on the movement and they work the movement with resistance i.e. the movement is associated with the fight.

The point is to be strong throughout the movement e.g. from my fighting stance, through to the completion of the double-leg. What's the point of concentrating only on the last position you end up in?

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    1/19/2006 2:59am

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think a certain amount it worth it but not too much. Some are end positions, some are key points in the middle of transitions. I am not talking about the one's RD posted. I mean stances in general. At the beggining, most everyone I have ever met could benifit from a certain amoint of stance training. Sparring with a rookie a few weeks ago, after I punched him across the face kind of sideways when he jabbed . . . twice...he wanted to know how I was doing it. I tried to show him how to step off line and rotate into an "empty" stance as I send one across the bow. Turns out he was literally incapable of physically stepping into that positions. He had no concept of what it meant to have 100% of the weight on one leg as you turn. So he needed to do some stance training.

In my opinion it's a phase that everyone needs to go through if they are going to make "classical" CMA stuff work. There's a bunch of guys at the gym who can squat 1 1/2 times their weight but can't step into a proper bow or horse or twist. It's more than strong legs, it's a whole compostition of postural stuff that needs to be worked on.

Once you get past that stuff and you've engrained the postures then you can get on with training. You are better served by moving slowly through motions. Sometimes you work on speed or rythmn but sometimes you get a lot more out of going through things as slowly as possible and then those stances just sort of serve as "checkpoints" at the beggining, middle or end of motions. Like the "horse stance". It's much more often a key transition in the middle of a move than an end point.

But then eventually you may move on to another thing that could be mistaken for "stance training" but is not and that is what we call "zhan zhuang". But "zhan zhuang" is more analogous to a kind of standing meditation of some sort of qi-qong or yoga than to "stance work". The goals and intent are entirely different but THAT is another story.
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Still digging on James Brown

Posted On:
    1/19/2006 3:10am

Style: BJJ & Judo (1k)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did anyone but me notice how much better CMA discussions are when KFDW isn't participating in them?

Are you going to write up something similar to the groundfighting faq on CMA? I know I have a bunch of questions I'd like to have answered.
Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 222829303132 33343536 ... LastLast