Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    1/10/2006 4:56am

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not only is this blanket statement wrong but rude and implies that the Chinese are only interested in money. You may be interested to know that NO money has changed hands in my on-going relationship with Sifu Ruan Dong. You arrogantly set your self up to be higher and more masterful than those who are actually involved in the White Crane arts and in particular the Shihequan and Minghequan branches. Have you actually trained in China and been exposed to the culture?
    You know, as someone who has and still is "exposed to the culture" (see my location) and regardless of how his statement may or may not apply to you personally.....it's still true.

There's nothing really innacurate in that claim of his. I'm not saying that was the case with you as I am an outsider on this issue but there's just nothing arrogant or outlandish about what he said there. And really, dude, the answers to all those 4 questions are pretty easily obtainable with just a tiny bit of web-fu. No real need for a fuss about it. RD has never been that secretive.
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2006 8:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I sent you some pages from various rare manuals I have on White Crane and you rubbished same!

Reply]
    NO, I pointed out that the body structure of two of them was very good, and I said you should try and emulate that.

Basically you don't have the basic fundementals. The diagram and the one picture you sent me clearly shows what those are. Make an effort to get your **** right before you attack others.

Instead of trashing me, you should spend more time making your skills match the manual you have.

Also, when I said the below,

The Chinese are well known for teaching Gui Low's WRONG. They often give praise and take the $$, but never impart the actual lessons. Instead it is the cultural and traditional Chinese way is to take your money, and just teach you some outside coreagraphy, letting you *think* you got the goods when you actually did not

This is especially true for those who are pushy, arrogant, and use various lines of questioning to attack ones charecter.

You are insinuateing I have somethig to hide. The truth is, and EVERYONE (but you) already knows what the deal is with me. There is nothing to expose here.

You are rude, arrogant and a complete asshole. I'm not answering you on THAT alone. Everyone else has gotten the same answers you seek numerous times over on public forums at that. LOOK IT UP!

I have rarely shyed away from meeting people, even when injured, and i don't really have a problem sharing.

Empty Flower has already banned you, and two of your threads started with the intent of trashing both me, and Jamie have been locked on other forums. Does that not tell you anything about your behavior?

You need to take a major look in the mirror, and spend a great deal of time on self improvement, and the development of your first year fundementals before you even think about questioing anyone.

I sincerly hope you are not teaching, because so far you appear to be a legend in your own mind here and have no useable skills to empart. You *Claim* to be a Crane styleist, but you don't Tai Gong, you don't sink the chest, you arch your back, your ass is out, and the only thing you do at all is occasionally round the shoulders. Even then the REST of your body structure is so far out of wack it doesn't matter. You lean back when you should be forward (comromising your own center from the start) and you do a zillion other things WRONG! I can already see all this just from still pictures YOU sent me! You can't even stand still right, how can you expect to move and have the propper mechcanics? I'd hate to see you live!! And you question ME??

Jamie has promised me video of you, when I get it I will try to post it here. THIS board will tear you to shreads when they see what you really are.

Have fun!! :)

RD

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    1/10/2006 10:00am

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool.

This could be like "How not to do SPM.....the sequal".
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    1/10/2006 10:15am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Rotten Elf
    Actually, I know RD. He has never claimed to be a master. He is very honest about where he started and with whom and about his research. He only teaches what he has permission to teach. He started with Ed Livingston and has been researching TZCC for many years. TZCC is a tree with many branches, it is not just one style.

I don't know why this is a problem?
    Right on point. I know Royal Dragon and more importantly I know his Sifu, Edgar Livingston. In fact, I'm personally inviting Edgar to attend this Summer's Muther Mega TD as an Honored Guest.

Very correct regarding the "many branches" ... unknown to many TZ practitioners some branches share a common root with Hakka Tong Long (Southern Praying Mantis). I owe Edgar a stop in to demo some SPM of the Kwangsi Jook Lum Gee Tong Long variant. Just haven't been able to match schedules yet.

The only "problem" is peeps intent on Witch Hunting rather than practicing. I am "amazed" at the tendency for relative NOOBS to post up investigative questions. Fucking idiots. For those of us who have been around a while it's just a matter of a phone call or two ... if the information is needed ... if it is at all relevant.

For the NOOBS they have no good reason to question and it generally resolves down to an issue centered on personalities ... the NOOB doesn't "like" someone ... or the NOOB has an "issue" with someone and uses Bullshido as a global soap box ... bullshit.

I think the first post back to this shitrat should have been "Who the **** are you and why do you need to know this information?" Make these mutherfucking miscreants justify or rationalize their open ended questions ... assholes.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2006 10:23am

Style: Choy Lee Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There was video of him at Martin Watts' site Fujina Bai He site, but apparently it's now missing.

Posted On:
    1/10/2006 10:28am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Considering that both JFS and KFDW know his instructor, making claims that he studies from books and videos seems rather stupid.

Just a thought.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2006 10:33am

Style: Arnis, judo, Taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

A little hijack here

Royal (or anyone else for that matter)

These basics your refer to in posture sound very similar to the basic "alignment" work one has to do in Tai Chi. The way it was explained to me is pigeon chested (sunken chest), monkey back/bear back(rounded shoulders), dragon waist (hips rolled under), Lion head/neck (head kinda pushed back.) Is that accurate?

If it is, and it is like tai chi, then to properly perform the movements of the system you have to ingrain these early on to get the system right.

Thanks
    PT

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    1/10/2006 11:02am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Planktime

These basics your refer to in posture sound very similar to the basic "alignment" work one has to do in Tai Chi. The way it was explained to me is pigeon chested (sunken chest), monkey back/bear back(rounded shoulders), dragon waist (hips rolled under), Lion head/neck (head kinda pushed back.) Is that accurate?

If it is, and it is like tai chi, then to properly perform the movements of the system you have to ingrain these early on to get the system right.

Thanks
    PT
    Add "Feet like T ... no T" and you have the basic SPM posture. Good body mechanics are universal and come in a variety of bundles. We say "Monkey Chest & Basket Weaver's Back" but the idea being conveyed is essentially the same.

Thanks Satori ... it's a damned shame when open forums are used to pursue a personal agenda attacking someone of merit. Great way to air out Ass Clowns ... but the potential for abuse is often times actualized.

Edgar is of my generation and as such he needs no support from anyone. Those of my generation learned long ago to stand on their own two feet and meet challenges head on. That's why we are still around.

It all comes down the hands ... you either have them or you don't.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    1/10/2006 11:05am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon
    Jamie has promised me video of you, when I get it I will try to post it here. THIS board will tear you to shreads when they see what you really are.

Have fun!! :)

RD
    Dude, that is so classic ... post it up and let the ass ripping begin!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2006 9:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Reply]
    Yes, you are right. The basics are the same in all Chinese styles really. Heck, gymnasts use them too! The call it the "Hollow" position. Structural alignment, is structural alignment. It transcends style. If you don't have it standing still, no way you will have it moving.

There is nothing sadder than a guy with 33 years experiance, who doesn't even have his first year basics right....except when that individual feels the need to go and trash those who have actually attained something in thier arts, especially when they become so obsessed that they pretend they have not been given the answers they seek (when they have, numerous times), and then go on every forum imaginable engaged in a full fledged smear campagne.

The other thing I really hate is guys who claim to teach one thing, but in reality are either making it up as they go along, or teach something totally different. Karate guys who advertise they teach Kung Fu is one example, or Whu Shu/new age hippie types who claim to teach "Martial" arts while at the same time claim the "Martial" arts are not for fighting.

I'm not the greatest exponent of the chinese arts ,myself, but I know what I know, and I don't pretend to be more than I am. I don't lean on some lineage to ride in someone else's glory. I ESPECIALLY don't lean on someone else's lineage when I can't perform well enough to honor thier teachings.
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast