Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 8:25pm

Style: Muay Thai & "t3h gr4ppl3"

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar
    Oh absolutely.

I have never gotten seriously flamed by an actual fighter. It's always the 6 months to 2 year amateurs who tell me what I do is ****. From actual fighters I tend to get specific comments and things to watch out for. Their not the one's just saying the whole thing is crap and what I do is a joke. But how many fighters are there here?

For instance, it's not just Omega and Asia but lately I've noticed DakotaJudo has had some really intelligent commentary on some of the CMA stuff. Even J-Lau who is as hard core MMA as it gets, has never bothered to "flame on". He just says what he sees and leaves it at that. It's been ages since I even saw him on a technical thread. Strong Machine, who doesn't seem to post anymore, despite his obvious disdain for CMA would still give really sound specific criticisms and I don't recall him ever just saying, "any 6 month MMA guy would rip you a new asshole with that ridiculous crane drops a turd stance...*snort*". In fact, I always admired the way he seemed to support such a wide variety of styles. His training method was all about full contact but he'd get into it with BJJ nutriders all the time because they were wed to some "right" way of doing things and he'd seen a lot of other things work.

Now I'm getting it from people like Hedge and Osiris. Pure neophytes. Young kids with no real experience who think they know everything. I'd like to have a beer with either one of them as I kind of like Osiris's style and Hedge can be funny but as authorities? Give me a break. They're just kids. Same goes for "Kid"spatula, although I must admit here posting style is much more even. She's one of the really more level headed Muay Thai folks. I wouldn't call her a "nutrider".
    You're absolutely right.

I think what it all boils down to is people not knowing they're place. Like you said, there's too many "nutriding" MMA neophytes trying to speak on behalf of the MMA community.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 8:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just shouting an accusation doesn't make it so.
    No, but JFS seems to think it does, so I'm returning the favor.

In the UFC this played out as self-reducing to the point where pinning a guy against the inside of the cage, bodily picking him up and then taking him to the mat, followed by rather lengthy guard and mount play augumented with some very piss poor striking has become the "end product." Why? This particular approach works quite well in that specific environment. I'm defining "works" as a check mark in the Win bracket.
    That some MMA fighters fight stupidly, or boringly, or in a matter not condusive to the street does not make it an invalid test of worth for MA techniques.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 8:40pm

Style: JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the UFC this played out as self-reducing to the point where pinning a guy against the inside of the cage, bodily picking him up and then taking him to the mat, followed by rather lengthy guard and mount play augumented with some very piss poor striking has become the "end product." Why? This particular approach works quite well in that specific environment. I'm defining "works" as a check mark in the Win bracket.

Beautiful. I train MMA and sadly, this is the case. I am a victim of this as well it can get you a 'W' but this is pointless (unless you are making a pretty penny) - do it for the Martial Arts, keep on addiing to your skill set - the people looking outside the box will keep MMA just that (mixed) as opposed to this homonogized 'style'.
    ICY - people here are trying to open your mind a little, take the advice.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 8:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ICY - people here are trying to open your mind a little, take the advice.
    JFS is trying to "open my mind" by repeatedly accusing me of homosexual behaviour? Mabye so, but that's advice I hope you'll forgive me if I don't take.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 8:51pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by I Choke You
    Ok, so what you're saying is, you have actually gotten dumber in the last 24 hours. You're arguing that a greater "diversity of technique" in the early days of the UFC made it more realistic. That's fine, any current UFC fighter would still kick the **** out of one from 10 years ago, and if you want to deny that, go ahead, stick your foot in there even further.
    The self-reducing plays to that specific environment ... not against. Amazing ... you now have a crytal ball to assist you in your "scientific" pursuits ...

You have dug a nice deep hole for yourself .. coward ... know how to get out? First, you have to stop digging.

ASSumptions. For one thing, I've never fought in ANY environment where there was not SOMETHING to pin people against. For me, the ground works fine, I don't need a fence. I don't lay around in anybody's guard, I pass it.
    Cool ... so ... you're making a TD and kicking my ass when? I got some money to put up on it ... you Win and your trip costs will be covered. You tell me what it will cost you to come to a Maryland TD and I'll put that amount of money up as a wager ... a bet that I fucking wipe you out so bad you won't even be able to crawl away.

HEHE! Repeated lies are not the definition of evidence...my evidence is available to everyone, yours, only to you, pathetic.
    Poor try shitrat ... see above.

I agree, it is about doing, not just talking, like MMAers DO and Kung Fu faggots like you make ludicrous claims, then back them up with internet challenges, that's great.
    See above and PM your snail mail addy ... I'll send you my challenge in writing ... little queenie.

MMA? Ever heard of it? I don't need video of my own experiences, I have hundreds of hours of other people fighting on tape.
    You have living vicariously down cold ... YOU just don't "do" anything ... of note.

You have NOTHING.
    See challenge noted above ... you show and I'll "have" you ... lying in a broken heap on the ground bleeding. Put up or STFU dork slobbin boy.

Yes, that is exactly it, I do not have a vehicle, if I'm going to the city, I need to borrow one. Go ahead and make fun, that's reality.
    Dude, you really have me all wrong ... I would never poke fun at another person's situation. I've lived on the streets and not by choice ... by circumstanes beyond my control. I know what it's like to not have.

I've tried, I'm not going to be to MA what JWs are to religion. Sorry, **** that.
    Bummer ... for every one that drops out ... there is one less to share the burden. You are very selfish.

I wanted to do that when we started the website, but I just do not care anymore, I'm not going to run around doing challenge matches and intentionally embarassing guys like YOU in front of their students anymore.
    Dude, I would be hard pressed to back it down to a level where you didn't wind up in a wheel chair ... don't flatter yourself ... cherry noob.

No one learns anything from it except how and why to hate ME.
    Ah ... I like the sound of that ... to be hated. Pity I can't post up some of the Emails I'v rec'd in the past. Well known (read Public) Sifu who Emailed their impressions of me to those they thought were on their side ... hehehehehe ... feed the fire and burn the World. You have a long way to go before you can match up with me in the "hated" department ... a very, very long way to go.

Yeah...that would be Black Belt magazine, I think efforts have been made previously.
    Hey, by all means ... don't try or anything like that ... you might **** up and have some success.

I've DONE that, I used to have a gym in my basement. Now I have use of a school, where I'm an instructor...I don't need to hold a "throwdown" I can just hold a "class".
    It's not about what you need you selfish mutherfucker. It's about what others need you self-centered asshole. Promote the fucking Throwdown badged as such and quit licking your goddamned wounds all ready. There will be plenty of time for that later in life.

I have already done enough, in my opinion, to remedy the situation. I DID religiously promote the site at first. I also did enough challenging of real people in real life to be satisfied at my impact.
    Look, BITCH ... "satisfaction" is one step removed from complacent and much like speed being complacent kills. You are all of what ... 25 years of age? You haven't EARNED the right to sit back ... you are suppose to be on the frontline ... kicking ass and taking names.

Then I got sick and had to stop training, so I stopped caring. now, the forum provides a pleasant waste of time, but I will still chip in my two cents on topics like this where BS is being promoted as legit technique.
    Okay, didn't know about the sick thing ... yeah, that really takes a lot out of a person. Still ... where there is breath there is strength. If you have recovered then it's time for you to enter the battle once more. No rest for the Wicked or the Young ... get your ass in gear.

Ultimately, your Gong Sauing does not reverse the evidence.
    Ultimately my willingness to put it on the line is the Gold Standard of evidence. Ultimately the FACT that I am who & what I claim to be is solid evidence that you should be asking questions in a reasonable manner, reading my answers, and keeping your ignorant, arrogant ass clown mouth shut. Ultimately no one who has ever met me in person supports your characterizations of me ... including those from this forum. Eye witnesses and you hold out video tape ... what a fucking gutless sack of dumbass **** you are.

Your demands that I devote more time to getting rid of MA fraud also does not reverse the evidence. Sorry, it doesn't work that way, and you should know that, being all ejyoocatid.
    I "demand" nothing of any other Human Being ... I make suggestions and nothing more. Use Spell Check 'tard boy. The BEAST

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 9:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It costs roughly $800 canadian dollars to fly from the west coast to the east coast JFS.... i checked.
    :new_all_c

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 9:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So about 680 American.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 9:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ooh, they should call you Mr Mathwiz!

Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    ...failed to take into account is that when one is a sword ... the sword is always double edged. I call it being "honest" ... you might prefer another term.
    Doh. Damned double edged swords....
    Last edited by Neildo; 1/17/2006 9:29pm at .
    :new_all_c

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 9:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA

What we are witnessing today is the MMA crowd struggling with the consequences of being a sword. They cut the dead wood Form Farie CMA - TCMA group to shreds in rapid and convincing fashion.

What the MMA'ers failed to take into account is that when one is a sword ... the sword is always double edged. Taking me as an example ... as I cut others so too I am obligated to cut myself. By this I mean I cannot denounce or degrade another for some MA failing and then exempt myself from being held to the exact same standard.
    I call it being "honest" ... you might prefer another term. It's what drives me to get out of bed each and every morning at 0'Dark O'clock and practice/train when I could just as easily roll over ... grab a few extra "Zs" and say "**** it."
    Good way of looking at it.

I've seen this thing cycle through a few times now and there is hope ... real hope. The MMA format started off on the right foot and that's very encouraging. Look at the total range of skills present in the early stages of MMA and compare it to the early stages of "full contact karate" ... see it? The next "variation on a theme" will have to own up to that standard and that is the source of hope.

Heh..Yeah. I guess I never really was there for any other cycles. I saw the birth of modern MMA in the late 80's from "The Gracie Challenge" being published in Black Belt and the other rags and saw those first early UFC's when I was barely out of high school. But you have reminded me of a lot of my early impressions of those fish out of water in UFC's 1 - 5 or so. For the first 3 UFC's I picked the winners in at least 3/4 of the fights before the first punch was thrown. In UFC one I pegged every last one and it wasn't from looking at the styles. I just looked at them as they stepped in the ring and you could see which one's were fish and which were landsharks.

I also remember feeling a vague cynical sense of satisfaction at watching the result of the previous "revolution" fall on it's face as the magic of "scissors-paper-stone" unfolded before my very eyes. The light and nimble stand up fighting styles that had supossedly proved the outdated antiquity of more flat footed fighters were knocked down like so much chaff. Stances changed and hands were held lower. Grapplers DESTROYED punchers...for about what ? 5 years? Then they adapted.

Your comments about the UFC btw are why I like Pride so much better. You see much more variety of style in there too. I have seen some crazy showboating stuff in Pride that never shows up in UFC. Behold, the miracle that is Sakuraba! Crocop...ever fought UFC? The Fedor / Minotauro fight brought tears to my eyes. You can see a vastly more varied display of styles in Pride vs. UFC. You may be right about the fence after all. Then again, it may be that Japan just has a better crop of serious standup fighters around thanks to K1.
    Last edited by Omar; 1/17/2006 9:29pm at .
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 9:28pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mantis
    So about 680 American.
    I can handle that ... I'll even open up a wagering line so peeps can bet on the outcome and my winning will result in the total cost being offset.

Hellllloooooo ... Chokes On Chicken MOD ... hellloooooo ... time for you to put up or STFU. Bring It On or STFU.

Either way ... END GAME. The BEAST
Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182425262728 29303132 ... LastLast