Posted On:
    1/15/2006 1:32am

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    Most excellent point, Fatherdog.

I ran much of this **** right into the ground on the fallacy of training machines thread I started which was ultimately derailed.

Much ritualistic bullshit to be carved away from almost anything that has been around for a while. Just the nature of culture to acquire crap over time and assign "valid" status to it by way of what is really myth ... I suppose.

So then how can you condemn speed bagging without, at the same time, condemning standing in rediculous poses?
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    1/15/2006 1:37am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatherdog

As long as you /are/ sparring and drilling, though, I'm not gonna bitch about the other stuff you do - and people making fun of CMAs for goofy looking stances should look at someone doing Wai Kru and give it a rest.

wai khru ram muay isn't taught as having anything to do with fighting, so the comparison is silly.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    1/15/2006 2:12am

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I meant those corny twisty stances. They SUCK.
    Kind of like...butt scooting!

I basically drop down into it by jambing the lower leg between thiers and unwinding.
    That's fine against non-grapplers, but, and I'm not saying this to be an ass or anything, if you did that to me, as I've had a couple flashy striker guys try on me, I'd flatten out onto you and you'd be submitted almost immediately.

If you can't see the humor, i'm afraid, sir, that you are actually a robot.
    You aren't always funny, especially when you bug people...you can't expect them to laugh with you while you laugh at them. I was laughing, but I wouldn't expect the CMAers to.

In fact, neither of us are qualified to criticize Arona's standup game, because neither of us compete on that level.
    Fine, I will then, because I AM on that level of striking. It's the "I'm a lazy Jiu Jitsu man" striking method, and you can read about it in my "My Striking Method" thread on Strikestan. It's not complex, or technically fantastic, but I've seen it work for Arona, and I saw it work in the past for Vitor Belfort and I thought "Why not me?" so I did it, it worked for me, and I embraced it. I've taught other people to do it and it works for them too.

Arona is doing what he's doing for a reason. It is NOT the greatest stance for many things, but that is not the point, the point is it generates power and speed for punching while allowing easy mobility in the upper body. It also allows me to see what's going on, which is harder with my head down.

The concept of you or RD attempting to criticize Arona is itself comedy gold.
    Not really. Just because he could beat the crap out of them doesn't mean his striking stance is anything to write home about.

The point here isn't that Hedge sucks, but that those kung fu stances suck and anyone advocating fighting like that doesn't have any basis to criticize ANYONE.
    When Hedge starts claiming people aren't qualified to criticize, it starts being about him sucking. Ad hominem ad nauseum ad infinitum.

About Kung Fu stances sucking, yes, they do, but no more than some BJJ "stances" I've seen demonstrated by some of the Gods of BJJ. Honestly, the editors of Butt Scoot Illustrated need to shut the **** up about shitty stances.

We don't have that confusion in BJJ or muay thai. We practice like we fight and/or compete.
    In a real fight, How often do you get into a standing clinch and sit there for minutes on end trying to land knees from the side? How often do you butt scoot? How often do you use the guard for that matter?

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    1/15/2006 2:21am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    So then how can you condemn speed bagging without, at the same time, condemning standing in rediculous poses?
    Please, KidS, would you be so kind as to go back through this thread and post up where I said anything about the stances being shown? Okay ... was that polite enough for you?

Static postures are bullshit ... they have -0- application, are a total waste of time, and anyone who "values" them is brain dead ... happy now?

Here, I'll even go a bit further ... the real skill isn't in the final posture ... it's to be found in the transition phase. Anyone can "hit it right" if they are in proper position ... it's getting to the proper position ... under control ... that is key ... whomever controls the transition phase basically controls the fight.

Go see The Lloyd Dobler Effect if they come to your area ... fucking awesome band.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    1/15/2006 2:23am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    Please, KidS, would you be so kind as to go back through this thread and post up where I said anything about the stances being shown? Okay ... was that polite enough for you?

Static postures are bullshit ... they have -0- application, are a total waste of time, and anyone who "values" them is brain dead ... happy now?

Here, I'll even go a bit further ... the real skill isn't in the final posture ... it's to be found in the transition phase. Anyone can "hit it right" if they are in proper position ... it's getting to the proper position ... under control ... that is key ... whomever controls the transition phase basically controls the fight.

Go see The Lloyd Dobler Effect if they come to your area ... fucking awesome band.
    thanks for the response, JFS

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    1/15/2006 2:42am

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar
    There is no mention of a goofy stance there. There is no attempt to defend a "squat to take a ****" stance or anything else. Just Hedge's narrow minded little world where he thinks *nyuk Nyuk* *hhrrr* *dey look fUnnyt.... * I didn't even post a defense of any of the stances.
    You offered a lengthy and detailed analysis of the relative merits of RD's arm spasms.

So Hedge is guilty of what you MMA nutriders like to call "Licking the masters balls and his cock at the same time". Apparently because Arona is a revered "master" he is above criticism. The fact that he leads with his chin out and puffs his chest out must be rationalized with the logic: He is a pro, therefore, he knows what he's doing.
    Let me illustrate this for you.

On a scale of one to one thousand, where 1,000 means Peter Aerts, Diesel Noi or Muhammed Ali at the peak of their careers, my standup is 25. Arona's standup is maybe 200.

The standup of anybody who does those postures, possibly including you...well, a team of highly paid mathemeticians have been working diligently for years to figure out how the number "minus infinity kajillion" can exist.

I'm not saying noone is qualified to criticize Arona's standup.

I'm saying you are unqualified to criticize arona's standup.

On the other hand having "studied" kung fu for ten years no more makes you an authority on any kind of fighting than having studied Ikebana.*

Never mind the fact that the "kungfuey" guys criticising include:..
    Me and RD.
    Let's switch some things around.

Ok, all us BJJihad people are talking about improving our takedown game. Someone shows a shot of Royce vs....well, anyone really. A sub-discussion evolves where we show bad shot attempts in MMA.

We're all raffling and roffling it up, when an aikidoka pokes his veiny, throbbing shaft into the discussion with a loud and nasal expression of agreement and offers a diagram showing how Royce could have beaten Sakuraba if he had only taken the time to perfect his ma-ai through practicing sanky, nikkyu, and a host of other assorted twirly wristlocks.

When the aikidoka is met with jeering and calls for his lynching, he is in no position to opt out of his just punishment by crying/spitting "Nutriderz!".

So apparently, even though we all agree that his posture is poor, RD and myself just by virtue of the style we train are deserving of ridicule for holding the same opinion as everybody else.
    Yeah, that's about it, Phil.

*standard Asia/Omega clauses are in effect
    Last edited by Hedgehogey; 1/15/2006 2:45am at .

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    1/15/2006 2:51am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, all us BJJihad people are talking about creating a takedown game.
    Fixed.

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    1/15/2006 3:28am

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hedgehogey
    *some farting noises*
    -edited for clarity

When you've learned to punch harder than my girlfriend on a bad day I'll consider your opinion worthwhile.
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    1/15/2006 3:33am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omar, you should realize you're sounding marginally less stupid than Hedge, and much less funny.
Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast