Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 5:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    We don't have that confusion in BJJ or muay thai. We practice like we fight and/or compete.
    And some of you take yoga on the side. Some CMA styles include exercises like that within the system.

Edit: Although without sparring and good instruction, people will get horribly, horribly confused. No arguments on that score.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 5:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I once had a Kung Fu guy demonstrate to me how his stance which was realy low and had the front leg forwar was actually a feint. That if someone kicked at the knee joint he would collapse his leg to avid damage and then come from up low and deliver a devestating knock out upper cut punch.

I nodded and kept me mouth shut. Does this actually work? Has anyone made something like this work?

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 5:43pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The point here isn't that Hedge sucks, but that those kung fu stances suck and anyone advocating fighting like that doesn't have any basis to criticize ANYONE.
    No. You are wrong and here's why. I attacked Hedge for this post and no other:

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehogey
    Is everyone aware of the ridiculousness of a kung fuer attempting to criticize a proffesional MMA fighter?
    There is no mention of a goofy stance there. There is no attempt to defend a "squat to take a ****" stance or anything else. Just Hedge's narrow minded little world where he thinks *nyuk Nyuk* *hhrrr* *dey look fUnnyt.... * I didn't even post a defense of any of the stances. Hedg apparently thinks:

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehogey
    The concept of you or RD attempting to criticize Arona is itself comedy gold.
    So Hedge is guilty of what you MMA nutriders like to call "Licking the masters balls and his cock at the same time". Apparently because Arona is a revered "master" he is above criticism. The fact that he leads with his chin out and puffs his chest out must be rationalized with the logic: He is a pro, therefore, he knows what he's doing.

In this case, you guys are worse than any brainwashed Sifu Worshiping CMA nutbag I have ever met. Never mind the fact that the "kungfuey" guys criticising include:

fatherdog - subbmission grappler

Meng Mao - Muay Thai (says Arona is a great fighter but admits his standup posture is lousy)

Phrost - American Jujitsu - "Arona strikes with his chin WAY up. Bad idea."

Me and RD.

So apparently, even though we all agree that his posture is poor, RD and myself just by virtue of the style we train are deserving of ridicule for holding the same opinion as everybody else. So much for making an argument on its merits. All you have to do now at Bullshido is suck Arona's nuts and not bother defending what he does with an actual argument. The only person who even tried to come up with an explanation for Arona's poor stand up posture was PointyShinyBurn who also....doesn't do stand up. He lists Jujitsu.

So get off his nuts already and argue on the points.
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 10:24pm

Style: Thai boxing , JJ ,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon
    MMA examples of good and bad structure
    I think you wrong , the one you have as bad ,looks like he baiting for a takedown,
    It not bad structure ,he trying to setup to take it down.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 10:35pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We don't have that confusion in BJJ or muay thai. We practice like we fight and/or compete.
    Show me someone punching in a boxing match the way they punch a speed bag.

Go on, I'll wait.

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    1/15/2006 12:51am

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    .....or skip rope.....or do road work.......or lift weights.....or do push ups.......or ...or....or......
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/15/2006 1:19am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So you're saying that standing in dumb positions is a conditioning drill?

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    1/15/2006 1:21am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatherdog
    Show me someone punching in a boxing match the way they punch a speed bag.

Go on, I'll wait.
    Most excellent point, Fatherdog.

I ran much of this **** right into the ground on the fallacy of training machines thread I started which was ultimately derailed.

Much ritualistic bullshit to be carved away from almost anything that has been around for a while. Just the nature of culture to acquire crap over time and assign "valid" status to it by way of what is really myth ... I suppose.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    1/15/2006 1:25am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesopian
    Dunno about the others ... speaking just for myself ... I'm saying straight out that you are a cocksucking, cum slurping, ***** boy sack of **** that knows nothing and Osiris isn't all that far behind you. Understand now, gutless wonder queer 'tard?

Still unclear on this are you asslicking fag? Just show up at the Summer thing and I'll explain it to you in terms you won't be able to not understand. Any more questions fuckface? The BEAST

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    1/15/2006 1:27am

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesopian
    I'm not sure what anyone else is saying, but I'm saying that the scorn heaped on CMAs should be reserved for the ones that don't spar or claim they will dim mak a grappler.

If a CMA school spars, with hard contact, regularly, and has no problem mixing it up with people from other styles, then they're going to have students that can fight decently, no matter how stupid their stance exercises look.

I personally think those stances are a waste of time, but I also think that about the speed bag, jump rope, and most calisthenics - All of them are useful conditioning, but the time could be better spent either sparring or drilling. Why do squats when you can drill double leg pickups? Why do pushups when you can pummel? Why run when you can roll? Why hit the speed bag in a way that you'd never hit an opponent when you can shadowbox?

As long as you /are/ sparring and drilling, though, I'm not gonna bitch about the other stuff you do - and people making fun of CMAs for goofy looking stances should look at someone doing Wai Kru and give it a rest.
Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast