Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2006 12:27am

Style: WC,JJ,Kenju,C.BoxN,ElboNe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Dairy Products

Has anyone changed a diet in a way that excludes all or most dairy products and found any benefits? I've read plenty on lactic acid and burning sensations in worked muscles and doubt it comes from drinkin whole milk :p I've found little to support removing dairy from a diet(and replace with vitamins/supplements).
    Last edited by Liger; 1/07/2006 1:25am at . Reason: Left something out

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2006 1:12am

Style: Judo + Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Liger
    Has anyone changed a diet in a way that excludes all or most dairy products and found less burn after training? I've read plenty on lactic acid and burning sensations in worked muscles, but found little to support removing dairy from the diet(replace with vitamins/supplements).
    Um are you thinking that if you ingest less lactose, you'll produce less lactic acid during anaerobic exercise? If that's what you're thinking, here's what you should do. Attach some electrodes to your head. Then while you have this idea in your head, shock yourself really hard. That should help you out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2006 1:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL No. That's was a failed/fubared attempt at sarcasm. Removing dairy from the diet(replace with vitamins/supplements) is something that sounds silly to me that came up in a discussing relating to health, fitness, and congestion problems(less milk = less thick mucus).

The lactic acid bit was a "joke". Fixed

u forgot to tell me to stand in a pool of water when I get shocked
    Last edited by Liger; 1/07/2006 1:27am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2006 1:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I searched and found a thread on milk in a body building diet by Apostol, but the thread wont load

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2006 2:28am

Style: Judo + Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There have been several threads about milk. The notion that milk causes mucus seems to be an article of faith among many popular nutrition gurus, though I've never seen evidence for it.

Lactose can be a problem for those with intolerance, but people think that applies to all dairy products. In fact, cheese and yogurt are either very low in lactose, or lactose free -- all the lactose has been chewed up by the bacterial culture.

Allergy to milk (which isn't the same thing as lactose intolerance) can exist, but is probably hugely over-diagnosed.

In conclusion, milk is good, especially with cookies. Thank you.