Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/12/2006 11:04pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All power flows from me.

I went over the defense to these wristlock with a brown belt today. They are really simple. BUT TOP SECRET.

Posted On:
    1/12/2006 11:22pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesopian
    All power flows from me.

I went over the defense to these wristlock with a brown belt today. They are really simple. BUT TOP SECRET.
    I believe I know of one or two ways. I also believe one is encoded in the 13th mandate aka the combination that was spoken of earlier. Message will self destruct in 5 . . .

Chemist

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 9:35am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aeso and Garbanzo, does everybody get to do wristlocks at your schools? Or is it just for blues and above? We don't do wristlocks (or anything below the waist for that matter) just because of competition rules. When I competed at NAGA, I was even stopped from tapping a guy from a wrist lock from side control when I thought it would have been legal. For some reason I just thought wrists were off limits in most places for lower belts, AKA the majority.
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 1:49pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Te No Kage!
    Aeso and Garbanzo, does everybody get to do wristlocks at your schools? Or is it just for blues and above? We don't do wristlocks (or anything below the waist for that matter) just because of competition rules. When I competed at NAGA, I was even stopped from tapping a guy from a wrist lock from side control when I thought it would have been legal. For some reason I just thought wrists were off limits in most places for lower belts, AKA the majority.
    We've got some amateur fighters, so generally everything that is legal in MMA (grapplingwise) is legal in our class, as long as you actually know how to do the technique and are rolling with a partner that knows when to tap. The only subs I've ever heard the instructors ask students not to do are neck cranks that pull the head back or to the sides.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 2:02pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my instructor does wristlocks all the time. we are all allowed to do them, but most people don't.

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 5:26pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did the wristlock about five or six times today, and each time the person collapsed with their arm across as if I had already done the drag. I didn't pin the hand, but opted to just two-hand the elbow and pull it into me. My stomach is pretty strong so the wristlock would happen and they would slide their arm away on their own.

Mission accomplished.

Genius

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 6:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The technique is simple. When they post almost anywhere on your torso or hips, hold their hand against your body so they can't remove it, making sure to bend their wrist, then grab their elbow and pull it into you as you sit up. That's really about all there is to it.
    I learned this one from Erik Paulsen, except that he goes straight to controlling the elbow with both hands. I've tapped out a few with it, once. It's easy to avoid, but a good suprise tap for people who aren't paying attention or haven't seen it.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 10:58pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are seriously schools that ban /wristlocks/ of all things?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 11:10pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never seen wristlocks banned at schools, but I have seen some tournaments not allow them for white belts, and I know some people view them as too dangerous in rolling since they are a rather small joint.

Chemist

Posted On:
    1/15/2006 8:38am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatherdog
    There are seriously schools that ban /wristlocks/ of all things?
    what Aeso said.......

probably the biggest reason is because Judo doesn't allow wristlocking, so we just don't train/rely on it; which is also the same reason we don't do anything below the waist or neck cranks
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast