Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2006 4:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Jamie Scuffell Info Please!

Does anybody have any information concerning Mr. Jamie Scuffell (Lu Lu Ke) of Townsville QLD (Australia). He claims to be an inheritor of Flying Crane and to claims to be a lineage holder of the Shen Zhao Pai Fujian White Crane (Feihequan) under a Master Lui Hong Shen (1923 -2002) . He also claims to teach Tai Chi, Wing Chun, Tai Zhu and Northern and Southern Wushu

I have "Googled" those names in question and all I come up with is one "Grandmaster Leeroy W. Epperson III" in relation to Jamie Scuffell. Having contacted Mr. Epperson all he can tell me is he is amember of his World Combat Arts Federation but cannot supply his certification as same were destroyed in a computer crash two years ago.

A poster called "Royal Dragon" claims to 'know of" Jamie Scuffell but when pressed for details he clams up!

He also claims to be the lineage holder of the Tai Zhu Chan Chuan (great ancestors long fist) under “Grand Master” Edgar Livingston. This same "Grandamster" is known for teaching via video.

I would greatly appreciate any independant information you may have regarding this individual.

Posted On:
    1/06/2006 5:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    be careful about people (especially kung fu people) who say they teach many different arts espially depending on how young they are, most kung fu arts take years and years to truely master, so either he learned all these arts from a book or studyed each for just a little while. im gonna search for the linage and post it later.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2006 8:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hwang Jang Lee:

Thanks for the open and honest reply. I really appreciate it. I am all too aware of the lofty claims some can make regarding Kung-Fu (and other arts as well) . My gut feeling is this guy learnt his Tai Zhu and White Crane via some form of video instruction. If so he should simply be honest and say so instead of hiding behind some sort of lofty "lineage" claims.

I look forward to seeing waht you can find out ... and thanks again.

Ninjer Pile on Me! Hurr!

Posted On:
    1/07/2006 11:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Bad KB, Worse MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd use the search function to research berador or leo clausen, "World Combat Arts Federation" sounds very similar to the same joke organization Leo claimed sanctioned his "full contact fights".

Gringo Grande
    MMA Record vs Llamas 0-1-0
    (The Llama bit my junk but the ref didn't see it).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2006 11:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gringo Gande:

Thanks for the info. These guy's are all probably "connected" is some way. Probably through their "Grandmaster" Edgar Livingston
    Last edited by tsuruken; 1/09/2006 4:54am at .

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 1:29am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Northern Praying Mantis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey

I have trained under Jamie Scuffell for nearly 5 years and what he teaches in comparison to many other places I have been is really a class of its own. He is the real deal. If you're not convinced, try getting hit by him like I was: 1 inch simultaneous strike to the sternum and the diaphragm and I went down like a lead balloon: it bloody hurt! I leant some of the White Crane, Tai Tzu and Wing Tsun systems from him and it is some of the most advanced kung-fu I have seen.

Regards
    SF

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 6:53pm

Style: White Crane

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's all very good to say you have trained with him and that what he teaches is okay but have you ever seen his lineage and his teaching certificates to back up his claims, photo's of his teacher? Can you post any of these as this is what this discussion is about.:adora:

I have met him back when he was claiming to teach Feihequan (Flying Crane). What he demonstrated as Crane was nothing more than flashed up Wing Chun concepts and techniques. At this time he gave a me a "lineage chart" in which he claimed to be from the Flying Crane style and he now claims to be a "Calling Crane" stylist! Which is the truth! Why did he jump lineages?:icon_eek:

He also claimed to be a army instructor but a quick call verified that this was not true so why make things up. Why not simply tell the truth. :sad: In addition I enclose the phone numbers for the Military in Townsviille QLD Australia. So anyone can now contact them and find out if Mr. Jamie Scuffell is a "Army Instructor"

Office Hours: (07) 4771 1602 After Hours: 0407 467 235

He was a member of the World Combat Arts Federation, a rather dubious group.

http://www.thewcaf.org/

Communications with one Edgar Livingston quickly revealed that Jamie Scuffell had learned via video correspondence and at the time had no real verifiable connection to White Crane at all!:jerkit2yf

I have contacted people in the know within the Crane community and no one has actually heard of him or his so-called teacher!:icon_eek:

If you want to contribute to this thread then please show actual proof of his (and your own) claims. Photo's of his teacher, lineage, certification etc. Please post such items. Otherwise you are simply a "devotee" swallowing the line spun by your teacher.:adora:
    Last edited by shifu; 10/27/2009 7:21pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 9:07pm

Style: White Crane

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's all very good to say you have trained with him and that what he teaches is okay but have you ever seen his lineage and his teaching certificates to back up his claims, photo's of his teacher? Can you post any of these as this is what this discussion is about.:adora:

I have met him back when he was claiming to teach Feihequan (Flying Crane). What he demonstrated as Crane was nothing more than flashed up Wing Chun concepts and techniques. At this time he gave a me a "lineage chart" in which he claimed to be from the Flying Crane style and he now claims to be a "Calling Crane" stylist! Which is the truth! Why did he jump lineages?:icon_eek: It's a pretty tall order to change from one style to the other in short order, without photoshop.

He also claimed to be a army instructor but a quick call verified that this was not true so why make things up. Why not simply tell the truth. :sad: In addition I enclose the phone numbers for the Military in Townsviille QLD Australia. So anyone can now contact them and find out if Mr. Jamie Scuffell is a "Army Instructor"

Office Hours: (07) 4771 1602 After Hours: 0407 467 235

He was a member of the World Combat Arts Federation, a rather dubious group.

http://www.thewcaf.org/

Communications with one Edgar Livingston quickly revealed that Jamie Scuffell had learned via video correspondence and at the time had no real verifiable connection to White Crane at all!:jerkit2yf

I have contacted people in the know within the Crane community and no one has actually heard of him or his so-called teacher!:icon_eek:

If you want to contribute to this thread then please show actual proof of his (and your own) claims. Photo's of his teacher, lineage, certification etc. Please post such items. Otherwise you are simply a "devotee" swallowing the line spun by your teacher.:adora: