Sponsored Links Spacer Image

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    1/07/2006 4:23pm

Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    I am waiting to see Arvloski go against a real fucking heavyweight. I want a battle with him, I want to see him in a war.

I want to see how muc h heart this Russian has.
    He's from Belarus...

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    1/07/2006 8:44pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you trying to be a complete ass?

It's next to Russia it's next to the Ukraine it contains a city named Minsk. As far as I'm concerned he's from fucking Russia.

Now stop being a fucking douchebag, and go cry somewhere about unlawful judges.
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    1/07/2006 10:57pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    America, Canada, same difference right?

Actually I hear talk of Fedor fighting his brother in PRide.

He said they have fought 2 or 3 times in sambo and Fedor one all by submission...

Fedor would still win.
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff

Posted On:
    1/08/2006 12:53am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Someone wake up Mark Kerr!
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    1/08/2006 3:26am

Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    Are you trying to be a complete ass?

It's next to Russia it's next to the Ukraine it contains a city named Minsk. As far as I'm concerned he's from fucking Russia.

Now stop being a fucking douchebag, and go cry somewhere about unlawful judges.
    Aww, its ok. Acceptance of the problem(lack of knowledge) is the first step to correcting the problem.

That would be cool if Mark Kerr came back though, man was he a brute.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    1/08/2006 5:14am

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the person to beat Fedor will be a fighter with excellent takedowns with an eye towards submission. Someone that will put him on the bottom, punch him a lot, and take a sub when he makes an opening for one to defend from strikes.

Unfortunatley, such a fighter currently doesn't exist in the heavyweight division.

Hughes, lately, is a good example of the type of fighter I mean. Werdum may eventually evolve into one, but currently his takedowns are not at that level.

It may be a while before we see the man to beat Fedor.

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    1/08/2006 2:00pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lack of knowledge? Let's just make an example from your bullshit. I say Matt Hughes is from the United States, and you say no no no you are a moron he is from Kentucky.

That is exactly what you are doing, when the USSR broke up and Belmusa or whatever was formed, there are a lot of new countires being formed FROM the continent of Russia.

I don't give a **** what you say, he's from fucking Russia, and you are just trying to be a little bitch.

It's alright though, I know why you are a little bitch as do most people on this board. So it'd be nice if you shut the **** up :)
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2006 3:05pm

Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The USSR is not the same thing as Russia. They are just different. Belarus has never been a part of Russia. Carbon, you know you are wrong, and you are just trying to cover it up with hostility and faulty logic.

Any way, I still think Crocop could beat Fedor. Mirko has superior stand up, and did pretty well on the ground. Fedor won the match because he pushed the pace. Mirko has the skills, but I'm just not sure if he is going to use them.
    Hunt would lose by first round GnP or a submission. Hell, Mirko mounted Mark Hunt, I donít think he would really be much of a threat to Fedor.

Posted On:
    1/08/2006 4:07pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by _Mick_
    The USSR is not the same thing as Russia. They are just different. Belarus has never been a part of Russia. Carbon, you know you are wrong, and you are just trying to cover it up with hostility and faulty logic.

Any way, I still think Crocop could beat Fedor. Mirko has superior stand up, and did pretty well on the ground. Fedor won the match because he pushed the pace. Mirko has the skills, but I'm just not sure if he is going to use them.
    Hunt would lose by first round GnP or a submission. Hell, Mirko mounted Mark Hunt, I donít think he would really be much of a threat to Fedor.
    To be fair, I think the UFC announcers might call Arlovski Russian sometimes, but this is probably just because they don't know how to designate someone as being from Belarus (Belarussian? j/k).

If Cro Cop ever manages to pick up the endurance he needs to go strong for an entire fight, I could see him beating Fedor in a decision. Cro Cop spent a lot of their fight on his back and he still managed to bust Fedor's face up pretty good.

I remain unconvinced that Fedor can be knocked out by anything smaller than a Mack Truck, however.

Knee + Head = Black Eye * 2

Posted On:
    1/08/2006 5:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Crocop is quickly succumbing to "Vitor" syndrome. That is to say, his head doesn't appear to be in the game anymore. I think the loss to Fedor really rattle him up and he hasn't fully recovered from it.

I also think that he's a little overrated right now. I think that Crocop gets by in MMA because he doesn't ever have to fight any really good strikers. Mark Hunt showed how one dimensional he is by out striking him. Against a better striker with decent takedown defense Crocop has a hard time. Once it did hit the ground Crocop was easily in control of the fight. Pity that was 15 seconds from the bell.

In all fairness though, I don't see anyone beating Fedor at this point. I think in the near future, Werdum has the best chance of everyone in the heavyweight division.

It breaks down like this:

* Stikers have a hard time standing with Fedor. Clearly Crocop had a difficult time, although he did out strike Fedor in the end, he wasn't able to land any significant blows that really rocked Fedor and Fedor was able to control the pace of the fight.

* Submission fighters quit simply can't outwrestle him and end up on the bottom. Normally being in a submission fighter's guard isn't the best place for the person on top, but Fedor has consistantly proven his striking power from the guard, making him the most dangerous man in MMA from that position.

* Wrestlers have a good chance against him I think, Coleman was able to control positions on the ground well but was unable to defend the submissions. I think a GnP wrestler with good submission skills could give Fedor a run for his money. Unfortunately, no one like that exists in the heavyweight division in Pride or elsewhere.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast