222055 Bullies, 3781 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    1/05/2006 11:50pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Who is Next for Fedor?

Who the hell can beat this monster?

Mark Hunt
    Hunt is big and strong and tough as hell. I think standing, he could hang with Fedor. But Fedor's strike and then takedown style would definately put Mark on his ass, and then I'm sure Fedor could submit him. But Hunt has the puncher's chance, plus he's pretty slippery for a big guy on the ground.

CroCop
    What the hell is up with the big man lately? After a valiant loss to Fedor, that should have given him a number of lessons to learn, he seems to have gone backwards. After he lost to Randleman way back, he had a single, determined, incredibly focused drive to get back to the top and challenge the champion. He did it, smashing everyone on the way, got to Fedor and couldn't beat him. Now, it's like he's lost his fire so to speak. I give him a chance, but only if he really, really wants it. And stops fucking walking away from people and looking at the clock.

Sergei Kharitonov
    I give this guy a slim chance. He kind of reminds me of Fedor, but not as good. He can strike, he's got the judo and sambo, and he is a tough mofo. With a couple more big name fights under his belt I think he could have a great fight with Fedor. Look for a battle between these two in the upcoming heavyweight GP.

I think those are the main 'threats' to Fedor. Whaddya reckon?

I heard Yoshida making noises about going up in weight and challenging him. Good idea - if he wants to DIE! Fabricio Werdum's name has been tossed around too... I don't think he's ready.
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2006 11:17am

Style: Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll say it again, I've said it before- Archie Moore will fall in 4. Er, wait, no...

As I've said before, I think Fedor's biggest weakness is solid wrestling. Those fighters who really drove through him and persued a double-leg like their lives depended on it were the ones who managed to look pretty good...until they lost.

Nobody he's fought has ever really put all the tools together. Arona had all the right savvy, but was pretty small to be competing with Fedor. Randleman and Coleman were great wrestlers and they were big, but they knew nothing of this strange new territory called "submission fighting."

I think Ricco Rodriguez fits the bill. That is, he would if he'd get back into fighting shape before ever setting foot in the ring again.

As it stands, the best chance would be for someone to leap into the ring and yell, "Jumanji!"

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    1/06/2006 11:29am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    multiple opponenets armed with tazers

Posted On:
    1/06/2006 12:19pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Fedor first needs to make sure his hand is healthy before he fights anyone else this year.

Cro Cop has been fighting too much lately. I'd wager that he's burnt out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2006 12:49pm

Style: Sub Wrestling/Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why hasn't Quinton Jackson been brought up? I think Rampage and Fedor would make for a great fight....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2006 1:50pm

Style: Aikido, Boxing, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by seeker of truth
    Why hasn't Quinton Jackson been brought up? I think Rampage and Fedor would make for a great fight....
    Because he's a) not good enough

and

b) waaay too small!

Professional Swede

Posted On:
    1/06/2006 3:47pm

Style: Sandbagged BJJ white belt

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At this point he looks unbeatable. He will rule the division for years to come. I can only see two guys who could give him trouble: Mark Hunt, if he improves his sprawl and defensive groundgame, and Arloviski. Arlovski is something of a wild card, since we haven't really seen the extent of his abilities yet, since no one in the UFC seems to be able to give him a decent fight. I would love to see him move to PRIDE...
    I pointed at him [the panhandler], bringing my rear hand up in a subtle approximation of the double Wu Sau guard that is the default hand position in Wing Chun Kung Fu.

"Step away," I hissed.
    -Phil Elmore

Posted On:
    1/06/2006 4:31pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Arlovski has the best chance, and I agree with Mark Hunt + 12 months with Chuck Liddell learning Sprawl and Brawl.

Posted On:
    1/07/2006 4:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    An interpromotinal match between Emelianenko and Arlovski could be MMA's Thrilla in Manila.

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    1/07/2006 4:21pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am waiting to see Arvloski go against a real fucking heavyweight. I want a battle with him, I want to see him in a war.

I want to see how muc h heart this Russian has.
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast