Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 4:46pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Back in the cage Jan. 6th!

That's right bitches! I fight again this January 6th in Kansas City. I am dropping to 170lbs, and my opponent is a guy from Crawford's as well. It's gonna be kinda weird because I train fairly often with this guy, but he is game, and so am I.

He is about 6'2" tall and lanky. He has an easy 6" of reach on me, and my nose is already aching at the thought of what that could mean. I am very confident that I am the better fighter, but the thought of having to work through that reach advantage makes me think that I want this on the ground as soon as possible. I know from class that my hands are better than his, but I don't want to take chances.

Should be fun!

And yes...there will be video.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 4:56pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whatever happened to you fighting KickAHippie?

More importantly, whatever happened to KickAHippie?

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 4:57pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    New work schedule and medical issues. He still trains with us but does not get online much.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 5:00pm

Style: LARPing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Knock him out.

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 5:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper
    New work schedule and medical issues. He still trains with us but does not get online much.
    That's a damn shame.

Good luck in your match, though. Why the decision to fight another Crawford's guy?

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 5:09pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's his first fight, and Crawford wants him to fight someone he is familiar with to break him in. I wanted to fight KAH for the same reason. My opponent can now relax knowing that I am not some roided up monster with a hard-on to snap his bones, and focus on training properly.

Plus, I need to test my nose. The downside of this match-up is that if my nose gets broken this fight I probably won't fight in the cage again. I can't afford a deviated septum or potential repiratory problems for the sake of a hobby.

If my nose can take the abuse, I will certainly seek a tougher opponent for my next fight, otherwise...it's sub grappling from now on.

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 5:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper
    It's his first fight, and Crawford wants him to fight someone he is familiar with to break him in. I wanted to fight KAH for the same reason. My opponent can now relax knowing that I am not some roided up monster with a hard-on to snap his bones, and focus on training properly.

Plus, I need to test my nose. The downside of this match-up is that if my nose gets broken this fight I probably won't fight in the cage again. I can't afford a deviated septum or potential repiratory problems for the sake of a hobby.

If my nose can take the abuse, I will certainly seek a tougher opponent for my next fight, otherwise...it's sub grappling from now on.
    Makes sense. We've got a "white belt" at our school that has been wrestling for about 12 years. He weighs in at about 170-180 pounds, generally. I think he was worried about the same thing, but this is Kentucky, so he keeps running into Tomato Cans instead. He's pretty damn good, though. I can't wait to see him get a really tough opponent.

How do nosebar?

Sub grappling is fun too. Probably not the same adrenaline rush, but I enjoy it.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 5:50pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by garbanzobean
    Makes sense. We've got a "white belt" at our school that has been wrestling for about 12 years. He weighs in at about 170-180 pounds, generally. I think he was worried about the same thing, but this is Kentucky, so he keeps running into Tomato Cans instead. He's pretty damn good, though. I can't wait to see him get a really tough opponent.

How do nosebar?

Sub grappling is fun too. Probably not the same adrenaline rush, but I enjoy it.

If I ever get down that way we should set something up for him! We are teh same weight...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 7:37pm

Style: Jiu-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Scrapper, I live in Kansas City area and would like to, someday when I get time, get into the cage. I really would not have the time to travel so I would like to get into some amateur fights locally. How is it done in the KC area, who's the contact? Please email me or just post on the thread. Thanks
    Last edited by docsprague; 11/30/2005 8:16pm at .

Posted On:
    11/30/2005 8:17pm

Style: FMA, Jujutsu/Judo/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Head movement, baby, HEAD MOVEMENT!

You'll do great, I'm sure.
Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast