Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/06/2006 1:54am

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    Taekwondo comes from Japanese karate comes from Okinawan karate comes from Southern Chinese Boxing.
    Hoo-ah! Somebody put that on a fucking T-shirt.
    :new_all_c

Still digging on James Brown

Posted On:
    1/06/2006 5:20am

Style: BJJ & Judo (1k)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Paul Doumbia is a swedish '87 ITF world champion who also competes(/competed?) in sport jujutsu.
    Master's Cup is an all-style competition. I don't know if the rules in '88 were the same as they are today. Today's rules don't mention throws, only sweeps. Headpunches are not allowed.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    1/06/2006 8:23am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WORSE TROLL EVA!!!

As far as JMA being shoved down the Koreans throat during the occupation. Thats a lie and one used buy the Korean community to say "SEE WHAT THE BAD BAD JAPANESE DID TO US!" The truth of the matter is that many Koreans sought out JMA on their own. Ponder this logic, some Korean MArtis say that the Japanese banished the practice of KMA. If that was true then why would they allow them to practice JMA? You would stop pple from practicing MA so they won't be well trained to turn on you so why would you replace one method with another? I'm not saying that its all false but KMArtist have a habit of overblowing some issues.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2006 10:02am

Style: Yudo, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKaze
    Hapikido is basically stolen as the founder was a servent of one of Ueshiba's students that was never formally taught Aikido.
    That's actually slightly different from research I read done by Dr. Scott Shaw

The primary main founder of Hapkido, Yong Sul Choi? was sent to Japan but he wasn't a servant to Ueshiba's student.

The two main claims is that...

1. Mr. Choi became adopted son of Sokaku Takeda (Daitoryu akijutsu)
    2. Mr. Choi was servant in Takeda household

Dr. Shaw's research proved that Mr. Choi was 100% not the adopted son (#1) and trained Daitoryu legitmately. When Dr. Shaw researched about #2 (Servant), there was no proof that Mr. Choi managed to learn Daitoryu by 'stealing' or not.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2006 10:11am

Style: Yudo, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    WORSE TROLL EVA!!!

As far as JMA being shoved down the Koreans throat during the occupation. Thats a lie and one used buy the Korean community to say "SEE WHAT THE BAD BAD JAPANESE DID TO US!" The truth of the matter is that many Koreans sought out JMA on their own. Ponder this logic, some Korean MArtis say that the Japanese banished the practice of KMA. If that was true then why would they allow them to practice JMA? You would stop pple from practicing MA so they won't be well trained to turn on you so why would you replace one method with another? I'm not saying that its all false but KMArtist have a habit of overblowing some issues.
    I'd like to see proof that it's a lie. I don't disagree with you about what KMArtists say about it is a bit blown out of proportion but there is no proof it's not true either.

Yes, there is high racial tensions and lot of bitterness about it but your logic that because KMA is banished by Japanese why would they allow JMA is flawed.

Main claims why some say that KMA was banished was to part of Japan's plan to reduce Korean culture and to Japanize the colony. By teaching JMA replace instead of KMA and to show that JMA superiority over KMA. Not that KMA was banished because it was deadly that can be turned on the occupying forces.

Edit: For my personal view, I don't know why it's such big deal for some. If it works, who the hell care who invented it or which country owns it.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    1/06/2006 11:20am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TKD is not the heartbeat and/or soul of KSW! As a KSW practioner that should be pretty damn evident. If any one part of KSW can be defined as the heartbeat and/or soul it would be its foundations in jointlocking and throwing which seems to be rooted in Daito Ryu Aikijujutsu. Yes KSW has a lot of similar strikes as TKD. These are similar though not the same. Most KSW takes a very different philosophy on striking than TKD. From my experience with TKD (which could be missing something) it focuses in quick snapping kicks. KSW tends to avoid snapping kicks because of the cumulative damage it can cause to joints and the belief that more power can come from a more rotational kick. That's one of the fundamental differences in how roundhouses are taught in KSW versus TKD. I won't go that deep into it here unless people scream for examples of what I'm talking about.

And as for TKD vs. Kyokushin...come on man that's one fight. How can you honestly state that TKD is better than Kyokushin by showing one guy beating another. Where's your years of accumulated stats of TKD fighters beating Kyokushin fighters?

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    1/06/2006 12:29pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This has to be a gimmick account. No one on earth is this stupid.

If it's not a gimmick, I applaud Pagan's efforts to singlehandedly remove the human race from the top of the food chain.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    1/06/2006 6:35pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    WORSE TROLL EVA!!!

You're right on the money about almost everything there.

However, the practice of Japanese martial arts were mandated in Korean schools for the simple reason that the Koreans were drafted into the Japanese military. Just as the JMA were used to indoctrinate Japanese youth during the war, so were they used to indoctrinate the Koreans. Think about it. Korean language is banned, Japanese language only. Koreans were forced to take Japanese names. The fact that the Japanese sought to systematically destroy the "inferior" Korean culture is documented history.

I'm not denying that many Koreans decided to learn JMA of their own free will (especially those who would go on to found their own systems post-Occupation), nor did I say that the TKMA were banned by the Japanese. There was little left to ban as much of TKMA had already died out. You can't ban something that you don't know exists. However, it is not unreasonable to say that the JMA, along with the rest of Japanese culture, was shoved down the Koreans throats during the Occupation.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    1/06/2006 6:37pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by babo78
    That's actually slightly different from research I read done by Dr. Scott Shaw
    Don't trust anything from Scott Shaw. The man is the Ashida Kim of the Korean martial arts.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    1/06/2006 7:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=babo78]I'd like to see proof that it's a lie. I don't disagree with you about what KMArtists say about it is a bit blown out of proportion but there is no proof it's not true either. [QUOTE]

LIE was probably the wrong word to use but its is definitely exagerated.

However, the practice of Japanese martial arts were mandated in Korean schools for the simple reason that the Koreans were drafted into the Japanese military. Just as the JMA were used to indoctrinate Japanese youth during the war, so were they used to indoctrinate the Koreans. Think about it. Korean language is banned, Japanese language only. Koreans were forced to take Japanese names. The fact that the Japanese sought to systematically destroy the "inferior" Korean culture is documented history.
    It hard to tell which part is fact and which is exaggerated. I know SOME schools had JMA (BUDO, Judo and Kendo as opposed to BUJUTSU) taught. I remember hearing that from some older Koreans when I was in Korea but it wasn't alot of them. I don't know anyone who was forced to take a Japanese name, the ones that did chose to do so for various reasons. The truth is somewhere in the middle and I doubt we will never know for sure.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast