Exasperated.

Posted On:
    1/30/2006 1:33pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Elvis
    Novelty injuries? I re-read your initial post and failed to find the novelty. No offense but still...

Would this be considered a novelty then:
    Yes.
    Non-everyday stuff.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    1/30/2006 1:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, here's a non-everyday really stupid one:

I laced up my boots after a 6 week layoff. I had neglected to cut my toenails in that time period. Since my mat shoes are snug, my big toe's nail was long enough to be bent by the shoe into my toe. It didn't bug me at all until the next day after my toe had swollen a bit. I had a slight limp for two days and a stiff toe for another week. The "black nail" took 6 months to grow out.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/30/2006 3:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Non-traditional injuries?....huh, you be the judge.....

1. Working on ogoshi (hip throw) with a guy that was 100lbs more (and Im 225lbs), and instead of releasing or following me down, he maintained his death grip on my arm and stood straight up. Ripped my shoulder out of socket, tore the muscle that connects my peck to my shoulder from the shoulder bone, and fractured my shoulder socket in three places. Had surgery and two months of rehab to be able to lift my arm. (2003)

2. Got paired to fight a newb and was told to stop mid muroto sunagi (two handed shoulder throw) by my instructor. Broke form and lost balance at the same time the newb drop all his weight to the back. Rolled up my left ankle and snapped the fibula. 9 screws and an 8" plate later and I'm almost as good as new. (2004)

3. Senpi had us run a STUPID two on one kumite drill, i.e., two guys attack you and you do your best to survive, while trying to throw a guy off of me the other guy punched my ribs and tore cartilage in my ribs. That sucked.

4. Was training for the Jan 06 NAGA championships in Miami and suffered a separated shoulder. While at the docs I had him x-ray my middle finger because I jammed it pretty bad back about a month earlier and it was still hurting. He said well you have a level two shoulder separation AND your middle finger is fractured but in-line. Needless to say I didn't compete.

my wife says that pottery is safer option...but then again you could always trip and fall in the kiln.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234