Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/08/2003 2:28pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1st. What brand do you use? should i use/get?
    2nd. I've heard that double mouth guards for the top and bottom are better than just a single piece.......any opinions?
    3rd. I've heard custom fitted ones are good.
    4th. Boil and bite are "crap"

if anyone could shed some light on these it would be appreciated...

--
    I attack flurriously!
    Let me introduce you to my friends: Hand, Elbow and Knee.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido
  2. DRD

Posted On:
    3/08/2003 2:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would ask my dentist because your structure of your mouth may be a factor in what he suggests.
    I am a strong believer in guards for the mouth, groin and breasts because of the damage that can be done suddenly.

If someone does not believe in a quality mouth guard, just wait until they have a front tooth turned sideways in it's place, and they will run for the nearest store.

DRD
  3. 9chambers

Posted On:
    3/08/2003 3:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had two teeth knocked out in a car accident. They found them and stuck them back in my head. I had to have a bunch of root canals and stuff. They lasted about 8 years.

Then about a year ago I had to have them removed because they finally started to decay. They put these big screws in there and fastened some porcelain teeth over them. They look real. It's nice. It cost a lot of money and time and trouble though. Do anything you can not to get your teeth knocked out. It never really feels the same.

Get them custom fitted if you can afford it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2003 4:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    explain the boil and bite being crap. I'm just curious, b/c whenever I get a mouthguard from a sporting goods store, that's how you have to do it.......if it's crap, then I can't have my beautiful smile getting messed up.

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    3/08/2003 5:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah always put a mouth guard in. The other night I was rolling with a new guy, doing light gound work. I had him in the North/South position and he tried to get out of it by wraping is legs around my head. Managed to knee me, split my lip. Not too painfull, but really fucking annoying.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

***ned

Posted On:
    3/08/2003 7:26pm

supporting member
     Style: i

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would've started licking his face.

~
    delirious

***ned

Posted On:
    3/08/2003 7:27pm

supporting member
     Style: i

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.fairtexgear.com/html_documents/gear/gear_item.asp?item=2301

The WIPSS Mouthguard is good stuff. Next generation of mouthguards. Pretty cool idea.

~
    delirious

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2003 7:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks interesting, have you tried it out yourself Deus?

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    3/08/2003 7:33pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never have a prob with my mouth gaurd, and its a dirt cheap 5$ boil and bite. I tried a 20$ one when I started rugby but it turned out to be crap. I've heard the best ones are from your dentist, custom fit and all. Not sure about the top and bottom ones, I would think it would inhibit breathing.
    I use it for almost everything; Chipped a tooth once, learned my lesson good.

"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind"
    -Ghandi

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    3/08/2003 8:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Licking bad. Chocking his ass out? Priceless.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast