223559 Bullies, 4202 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    1/05/2006 1:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Standing on a foot and hitting with a solid right is a good one, can earn a cheap knock down. It's also pretty risky for you too though.

Elbows in the clinch are always nice.

Edit to clarify: Stand on their foot.
    Last edited by Lu Tze; 1/05/2006 2:24pm at .

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    1/05/2006 2:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper
    "dirty boxing" references all those techniques considered "unsportsmanlike," but not necessarily illegal, in the old days of pugilism. Fighters were expected to toe a line and exchange blows like civilized ruffians and not do sneaky things like clinch, headbutt, elbow, shoulder bump, trip, and otherwise interfere with exchanging punches.

Then I guess it depends on the rules you're talking about. I can't really say too much here would be considered unsportsmanlike in a match under Muay Thai or Kuoshu rules.

Under the Queensbury rules, wouldn't any knee or kick whatsoever, come under the category, too?

Back of the head punches, kidney punches, hitting on a ref's "Break!" signal or at the bell, low blows, etc.

A sweet one is to punch and fold your arm in for elbow strike in the same motion. I've seen pro boxers get away with it because it's subtle and hard to see from many angles.

Sardonic or Sarcastic?

Posted On:
    1/05/2006 4:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Filipino Kun Tao, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Larry Hartsell did a bunch of dirty boxing techniqies at his last seminar here in CT. I'll have to see if I can find my notes.

Posted On:
    1/05/2006 4:21pm

Style: FMA, Jujutsu/Judo/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJon
    Palm strike? No. A palm strike is like a right hook in that if you have opening to throw a right hook, there's better strikes you can throw. :rr:
    It isn't so much a palm strike as a push to his head, covering his eyes and causing him to tip his chin up. Bingo. Right cross. Of course if he is already exposing his chin, there isn't much need for this.

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    1/06/2006 6:38am

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like to use jabs to keep them at a distance, until I get them to slip inside a jab and come close. Then, I tie them up, keep the head near the chest, and throw knees until they break away. If they're still on their heels, osotogari or a shoot for single or double leg works nice.

Feinting a cross to a backside elbow is fun until they catch on. I caught a nasty same-side hook from doing that once.
    --
    L.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    1/06/2006 9:17am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno
    It isn't so much a palm strike as a push to his head, covering his eyes and causing him to tip his chin up. Bingo. Right cross. Of course if he is already exposing his chin, there isn't much need for this.
    Sounds like the 1-2 combo. I still say if you can put your hands on his face, you should have a closed fist. If you're talking about just grabbing his head and pushing it back, youd have good control over him anyway.

Not like i'd ever do a palm strike, what with boxing gloves on anyway...

:zicon_ele
    :happy4:

Posted On:
    1/06/2006 10:58am

Style: FMA, Jujutsu/Judo/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It comes from knifefighting, hence our slightly different tactics. I've just found that a guy is more likely to cover after you jab him, which negates the cross sometimes. With a push to the head, the guy sometimes flails around, or tips his head back to get your mitt out of his face. It leaves his throat (or chin) open.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2006 5:19pm

Style: MT (no, not "empty")

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey Badger
    Larry Hartsell did a bunch of dirty boxing techniqies at his last seminar here in CT. I'll have to see if I can find my notes.

I'll help you out. Here are a few techniques he shows on his Infighting instructional vid.

Techniques for creating space & countering the clinch (from 50/50 position)
    -shoulder bump to uppercut
    -forearm bump to hook/uppercut
    -elbow rise to short right
    -knee bump to uppercut
    -foot sweep to uppercut
    -head slide & head butting
    -elbow lock

Sardonic or Sarcastic?

Posted On:
    1/06/2006 5:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Filipino Kun Tao, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daigoro
    I'll help you out. Here are a few techniques he shows on his Infighting instructional vid.

Techniques for creating space & countering the clinch (from 50/50 position)
    -shoulder bump to uppercut
    -forearm bump to hook/uppercut
    -elbow rise to short right
    -knee bump to uppercut
    -foot sweep to uppercut
    -head slide & head butting
    -elbow lock

Thanks. He also showed some slick counter "dirty-dirty" stuff that I need to dig out and practice, so I'll keep searching for those notes. Having a not-quite-two year-old at home doesn't help my organization!!

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    1/06/2006 5:49pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Three I like:

1. Double hook, but make the second one an elbow. What's great is even if their hands are up, you can shock their arms pretty hard and you can always claim this was an accident

2. In a clinch, wipe the guy's chin up with a forearm and then throw a short, straight, shot to the base of his throat (like, the place where the pecs are thinnest and it starts to become neck). You can also headbutt right in the teeth by dropping your hand and headbutting almost at the same time. But I hate headbutting, I don't like the cuts.

3. Hug the guy in a tight clinch, get cheek to cheek with him like a kansas shepard, then tilt the crown of your head against his temple and throw a quick palm heel against the other side of his head
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast