Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/05/2006 9:42am

Style: MMA, JKD philosophy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't forget to work headbutts into your punching combos. You really have three fists that way. A typical JKD move is to grab both the opponent's wrists when he puts his hands up to cover, pull the guard down, and headbutt his nose. Anytime we sparred clinching, I'd just overhook both his arms and throw repeated headbutts.

I also like to use the point of the elbow to block. He throws a hook or haymaker or sucker punch, I elbow strike straight out to the side as a block and let him eat the point of my elbow in his knuckles or the soft inside of his arm with all the power of my strike and his behind it. In TKD, this was a great way to break a guy's instep when he kicked. My gf in HS who was a TKD BB got her foot broke that way. Kinda iffy against a MT guy's shin, but maybe. Or against an uppercut, put both your elbows together and let him break his fingers on the point.

I'm tired, I can think of a lot more that I have personally tested in sparring, but I need to go to bed. I'll put up more later.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    1/05/2006 10:49am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Uppercuts. No one throws enough uppercuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Elvis
    I also have a sneaky ass silat takedown from the clinch but haven't tried it in years.

HOW DO TAKEDOWN? :icon_salu

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/05/2006 12:13pm

supporting memberBullshido Newbie
     Style: Wu Style TCC + BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's a takedown I like where you get double-underhooks and scoop the personís lower back toward you while simultaneously digging your chin into their brachial plexus(ish). If the pain from the latter bothers them, theyíll instinctually retreat just enough for you to really pull their lower back in and bend them backwards into a driving takedown. I did this to P-Dub at the last throwdown. If they take the pain and lean forward to counter, Iíll bring both hands up and try to steer them to that side for repulse monkey (similar to osoto gari). If they muscle their way straight through, then Iíll pull them forward and try to knee them in their purty mouth.
    Last edited by Bang!; 1/05/2006 12:21pm at .

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    1/05/2006 12:18pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey! This Is Strikeistan! Leave That Takedown **** Outta Here!!!!!
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/05/2006 12:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Err . . . add an elbow to the face on the outside of that second throw.

Damn fundamentalists.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/05/2006 12:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shoulders to the chin from the clinch: You can whip your shoulder into your opponent by pivoting or good muscle isolation, but I've been playing around with pulling them forward and dropping my level (by bending my knees) and then driving right up into them, in the same way you would for an uppercut.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    1/05/2006 12:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wouldn't it have to be against the rules in order for something to be considered "dirty boxing"?

A gloved thumb in the eye always sucks, regardless of whether it has the intended effect.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    1/05/2006 12:58pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "dirty boxing" references all those techniques considered "unsportsmanlike," but not necessarily illegal, in the old days of pugilism. Fighters were expected to toe a line and exchange blows like civilized ruffians and not do sneaky things like clinch, headbutt, elbow, shoulder bump, trip, and otherwise interfere with exchanging punches.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Posted On:
    1/05/2006 1:06pm

Style: FMA, Jujutsu/Judo/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hold and hit. Preferrably with elbows.

Get your hand behind his head, in kind of an extended half Thai clench. Jerk his head toward you, and light him up with a horizontal or upward/diagonal short elbow. Since you have control of his head, he can't roll out of it. The jerk will screw up his defense, and will increase the power of the shot.

If you are consistently landing jabs on someone, palm strike them in the face, and try to continue with a push to tilt his head back. Block his vision. He will usually either lean away from it, or will try to brush your hand aside and move his head away. Either way, he generally will expose his chin or throat. Take your pick, blast away. This works best on guys that you have a little bit or reach on.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    1/05/2006 1:23pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno
    If you are consistently landing jabs on someone, palm strike them in the face.

Palm strike? No. A palm strike is like a right hook in that if you have opening to throw a right hook, there's better strikes you can throw. :rr:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast