Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

Style
    None
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aye, I find the uppercut the hardest punch to throw properly, and the hardest to land.

Style
    Jits
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lights Out
    I like to kick the inside of the lead leg when they move towards me. Say, Iīm a little out of punching range, they stpe him to throw the jab and there goes the low kick to the inside.
    Note to self: Start training "t3h 4nti-l0w-k1ck-t0-t3h-1ns1d3" asap.
    :toothy4:

Style
    None
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You still owe me a Gong Sau, buddy, THE PUPPY (wait!, thatīs not it)... er... I mean THE BEAST!!! RAAAARRRHH! (yeah, so much better).

Style
    FBSD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas
    ...so I don't mess around with kicks much unless it's like a quick inside/outside leg kick to stop my opponents mobility.
    Oh, that's good. Very nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas
    One of my favorite things to do is let my opponent get his guard up and just pound his hands into his face as hard as possible.
    Haha, i love doing this to people who think a boxing guard is having their hands right in front of their face. awesome.
    :new_all_c

Style
    Boxing/Wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJon
    One word - Uppercuts.

they're hard to throw correctly so most people don't do it often so most people don't really know how to defend it.

Also, I suck at throwing uppercuts.
    I love throwing uppercuts against guys who bob and weave with their eyes/head down. Rear hand uppercut with left hook FTW.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Style
    taido
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    uppercuts work best for me from clinch, throw some knees, make them want to separate a bit. when they start to pull back i step to the side and fire the uppercut. the uppercut works so much better for me when im more perpendicular to my man

Style
    BJJ/Shidokan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Clearly none of you "Agressive is always good" guys have ever fought an effective counter fighter. Sometimes going forward will just get you hit.

Of course you have to fight your own fight but you also have to be open enough to adapt when your favorite strategy just won't work.

Style
    white boy jiujitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i'm still confused as to whether this is a serious thread or a humorous one.

how can you possibly have THE Striking Method? there are so many variables in a fight, ranging from the goal you wish to achieve to questions like "is your arm hurt?"

those details are going to dictate how you approach the fight, on a strategic and on a tactical level.

and good morning to you too supporting member
    Style
    MT/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickZ
    i'm still confused as to whether this is a serious thread or a humorous one.

how can you possibly have THE Striking Method? there are so many variables in a fight, ranging from the goal you wish to achieve to questions like "is your arm hurt?"

those details are going to dictate how you approach the fight, on a strategic and on a tactical level.
    It's both. It's can't be a "this is how to strike" thread becasue of the variables you mentioned. It's more of a "this is my typical strat" thread. Plus you have the "this is how MT does it" vs "this is how boxing does it" vs all the other arts. Again, because of the variables you can't (or shouldn't anyway) flatly say which is "better". Sure I'll be better in a boxing match than a MT guy and he'll be better than me in a MT match, but this is trying not to be art specific becasue that goes nowhere.

My striking method is to pressure with the jab then move inside quick with uppers and body hooks. I work my striking method since I have a good jab and large size with realitively short arms and can eat a few shots closing. most opponents expect that a tall guy with a good jab will stay outside so that can disrupt their gameplan.

Style
    Yudo, Karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is this about everyone's preferred combination for striking in fight?

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last