Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/21/2007 5:59pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to try this. Maybe with some variations.

Can I mostly eat raw eggs thru the day, I'm growing fond of them. with an apple here and there, maybe some brocolli?

:brave:

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    3/22/2007 7:52am

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The little claim that "The future of all diets lies in the past evolution of all humans" and that the diet is designed to "mimic" the way we were predestined to live is a pretty grand statement.

Humans evovled as hunter/gatherers. So a diet the truely fit the way we evolved would be primarily raw protiens (animals) as a staple, fruits and grains in the fall & greens on occasion. And I say raw because we didn't crawl out of the slime with the capability of fire. Humans evolved to our current form eating raw meat.

You know there is a reason that life expectancy has increased by 40+ years since "the old fashioned days" and a goodly half of that reason is the improvement in our diet.

The warrior diet follows the primary edict of most all diets.
    decreased food intake + increased activty = weight loss
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1

Awesomeweight

Posted On:
    3/22/2007 8:42am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tabwyo
    The little claim that "The future of all diets lies in the past evolution of all humans" and that the diet is designed to "mimic" the way we were predestined to live is a pretty grand statement.

Humans evovled as hunter/gatherers. So a diet the truely fit the way we evolved would be primarily raw protiens (animals) as a staple, fruits and grains in the fall & greens on occasion. And I say raw because we didn't crawl out of the slime with the capability of fire. Humans evolved to our current form eating raw meat.

You know there is a reason that life expectancy has increased by 40+ years since "the old fashioned days" and a goodly half of that reason is the improvement in our diet.

The warrior diet follows the primary edict of most all diets.
    decreased food intake + increased activty = weight loss
    Some excellent points, I for one have never followed any fad diets, the question I always ask people that do is "How long are you going to do this for to keep the results?"

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/22/2007 11:50am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by panthersix
    On a more serious note: the Warrior Diet seems similar to the Carbohydrate Addicts Diet, which rendered to it's essence is eating no carbs, simple or complex, during the day, then for a 1 hour period, you eat whatever you want (includes desserts, bread, whatever carb addiction you may have). My regime, that worked for me, was to drink coffee for breakfast, drink 2 liters of water at work (1 in AM, 1 afternoon) then have a chicken salad (just spinach leaves and grilled chicken breast) with oil and vinegar for lunch, and then whatever for dinner. At the time I was on a huge chocolate covered almond kick. Then pass out for an hour or so after dinner.

Results, I lost on average 2.5 lbs per week or 10 lbs per month for 3 months. I was also lifting three days per week (BFL workouts), and running 3 miles three days per week (HIIT). I leaned down to 165 lbs, my Army PT scores were above 100 in each of the 17-21 y/o categories (e.g., my two mile run time was 12 minutes). All this at age 42.

I felt so hard and lean that I was training to go to the SFAS course at 42. On a five mile ruck with 50lbs ruck, I blew out the arch in my left foot. Got me some serious plantar fascitis and been messed up ever since! I fell off the diet because it gave me rrhoids, too much chicken, not enough fiber. I've since found that Psyllium Husks for fiber (must have if you give this type of diet or any reduced intake diet a shot) are awesome for nice soft, huge turds. Got to keep the pooper flowing!

I'm now 47, weigh 210 and I'm recovering from shoulder surgery last fall. Needless to day, I have no "diet" of any kind at this time. But this looks interesting and has confirmed that for me, I'm 1/2 native american, that this is the type of diet that I need to be on, not the eat every freak 3 hours diet which just makes me fat and keeps me hungry!
    Fucking AWESOME!

I bought the book 2 days ago, but haven't had the time to read it due to training. I'm going to go through it this weekend, and start monday.

Great review!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    3/22/2007 12:46pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The thing I found about when I was on the diet is that it was very easy to follow, as opposed to strict diets such as Adkins.

I'd agree, the reason the diet works is because of the simple equation of reduced caloric intake plus physical activity. I'd add that the reason that it is easy to stay on is that despite the fact that your intake is very controlled during the day, you do not deprive yourself of anything over all.

Posted On:
    3/22/2007 12:51pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The thing I found about when I was on the diet is that it was very easy to follow, as opposed to strict diets such as Adkins.

I'd agree, the reason the diet works is because of the simple equation of reduced caloric intake plus physical activity. I'd add that the reason that it is easy to stay on is that despite the fact that your intake is very controlled during the day, you do not deprive yourself of anything over all.

Posted On:
    3/22/2007 1:02pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anthony, lemme know how it works for you. Since I finally have some stability in my job and training now, I'm putting myself back on the Warrior Diet.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2007 11:56pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would imagine that during our hunter/gatherer stage, during the day we would snack on what we could manage, berries, edible shrubbery etc.. while hunting for a larger meal for the evening, a deer or boar for the tribe, where you can gorge on and fall asleep full.

This is why the diet seems so logical for me.

During the daytime we would rely on our senses and ability to aquire the evening meal, which also seemed to fall inline with this diet's boast of heightening the abilities.

Ofcourse to me.. I think I could catch a fish in the morning, shoot a rabit mid day and drop a deer for supper, but... maybe some days didnt go so well.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    3/23/2007 1:58am

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think I might give this a shot. I generally find it very easy to not eat during the day so it seems like something that would fit me pretty well.

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    3/23/2007 7:11am

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesai
    I would imagine that during our hunter/gatherer stage, during the day we would snack on what we could manage, berries, edible shrubbery etc.. while hunting for a larger meal for the evening, a deer or boar for the tribe, where you can gorge on and fall asleep full.

This is why the diet seems so logical for me.

During the daytime we would rely on our senses and ability to aquire the evening meal, which also seemed to fall inline with this diet's boast of heightening the abilities.

Ofcourse to me.. I think I could catch a fish in the morning, shoot a rabit mid day and drop a deer for supper, but... maybe some days didnt go so well.
    I never said it wouldn't work. But it sounds more a function of reduced caloric intake and increased physical activity vs an evolutionary perdisposition to loose weight due to this specific diet. If that were the case then all the people who adhere to the 5-6 small meals a day regiment wouldn't have positive results because that diet goes against our "evolutionary design".

This isn't a new concept in dieting. It's just a new name and a new spin on an old idea. At least there aren't "meal replacement" shakes envolved.

edit: If your logic is based solely on how humans did it in the "good old days" then perhaps a buckskin loin cloth and stone tools seem sensible as well.
    Last edited by Donkey_Fizzle; 3/23/2007 7:16am at .
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast