• back pain

15 22.06%
  • neck pain

8 11.76%
  • other pain

10 14.71%
  • fatigue

24 35.29%
  • bad sex (threw that one to make it interesting)

7 10.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 12:39pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

what happens when you don't train?

Or more in general, what happens to you when you don't work out? I pondered about that when reading the messages http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30336 , and I thought it may be a good topic for a new thread.

Do you experience any form of withdrawals when you don't train or work out???

For me, it's very uncomfortable. I sit on my ass working on a PC all day, and sometimes from home, too. And if I take a week off from working out, my hamstrings cramp, as well as my back (between my shoulder blades) and neck. I try stretching, and that works for a while, but if I don't do any form of exercise for a few days, it becomes very uncomfortable.

Also, I have a hard time falling sleep in general, and if I don't work out, it's even worse. Perhaps some of it is mental, but I wonder if you guys experience any uncomfortable "side-effects", be it mental or physical if you stop working out or training for a while.

BTW... is this thread in the right forum????? It's sort of health-related, but it's general stuff as well.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 12:43pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    General stuff = General BS forum, not Bullshido.

On topic, I become very restless when I miss a few days. I also have trouble sleeping.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 12:47pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CMack11
    General stuff = General BS forum, not Bullshido.
    Thanks for the clarification. Hmm, I wonder how I could move this thread to the general stuff area...
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

nuthin' ta f*ck with

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 12:49pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/SUB GRAPPLING

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hookers end up missing.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 12:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What happens? I become a normal person. It sucks to be a normal person.

I also start posting on forums ... :rolleyes:

Confused

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 12:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Kickboxing + BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A moderator can do it for you.

When I don't work out, it makes me feel fat....

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 1:02pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mentally, I get grouchy as hell and my attitude goes downhill fast. My wife usually tells me to go train. Physically, I can feel myself tightening up if I don't stretch, and I also have trouble sleeping. Being a tightly wound up person, I find Bjj helps me unwind better than anything but sex. Training is my drug of choice. It has positive mental and physical effects on me. I think I'm stating the glaringly obvious here though.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 1:17pm

Style: Boxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elnyka
    What happens with you don't train.
    I start feeling lazy and weak.
    So then I start training really hard and I end up overtraining or getting hurt.
    Then I can't train.
    Then I start feeling lazy and weak.
    So then I start training really hard and I end up overtraining or getting hurt.
    Then I can't train.

I wish I know what my problem was!

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 1:37pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't seem to have trouble sleeping, but I do start to get restless and nervous. On Christmas Eve, I went to my family's church service (it makes my mom happy), and I kept imagining myself kneebarring the little old ladies that were sitting around us. It got so bad that I took out a piece of paper and started writing down training goals for the next month or so just to clear my mind of it.

Not training certainly puts me in a crappy mood. I start to feel bad physically, aggression and frustration build up, and I start snapping at people when I shouldn't.

I also selected "other pain," but it's not entirely true. I don't really feel a lot of pain, though my neck tends to stiffen up and my joints (knees and shoulders, specifically) start to creak like I'm 90. It's not actually painful, just strange. As long as I'm training, I'm loose, limber, and creak-free.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 1:42pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I get cranky, my back hurts, and I gain weight very quickly.

Bad times follow.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast