nuthin' ta f*ck with

Posted On:
    1/13/2006 12:05pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/SUB GRAPPLING

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar
    So far I actually like Reese's criticism best. It's all been legit and not really flaming which is unusual for someone with no real background playing with the ideas I am experimenting with.
    My mother had a friend who owned a kungfu school. he used to teach me for free whenever he saw me.

He showed me similar footwork but I have never seen him (or anyone else) use it against a live opponent and never in conjunction with delivering kicks.

I really don't have a problem keeping an open mind a far as learning about alternate techniques and sure as hell won't dismiss ideas apriori.

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    1/13/2006 7:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You suprised me on this one.

I appreciate your comments on the previous page there too. Again, I promise to try and make more clips as soon as possible.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    btw,
    I did some clips with a minidv and some others with my digital camera. It turned out that the digital camera was a better choice. My minidv camera has kind of a more close up lense so it's hard to get full head to toe shots in a small space. The other part that's nice about the digital camera is that it films driectly into quicktime format whereas my digicam needs specialized software to transfer footage into the hard drive and then I need to convert my clips into another format because the digicam films in such high res that I end up with 250 meg. clips.
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 4:36am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah what this thread needs is some actual sparring footage- not "light sparring" stuff.

nuthin' ta f*ck with

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 5:23pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omar is in China, Ikken. please hop on a plane and help him out, would you?

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 5:45pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol...

**** man. Do you know how hard it was just to make it to the one throwdown I did attend. Trust me guys, if I was in LA I'd be all over it. I'd be out meeting with you guys and talking about this in person.

But Ikken, I agree. Why don't you post some for us? ;)

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 6:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar
    lol...

**** man. Do you know how hard it was just to make it to the one throwdown I did attend. Trust me guys, if I was in LA I'd be all over it. I'd be out meeting with you guys and talking about this in person.

But Ikken, I agree. Why don't you post some for us? ;)

the next time we get ahold of her mom's camera, me and Kat are gonna make a some videos and post them up. Probably gonna post some video of me doing some boxing (sparring) with our friend June... but then, we all know what boxing looks like anyway

edit: on the 21st
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 6:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    once i get enough money to buy a digital camera, which will hopefully be before i go back to uni, i will. or if i get to fight in february but going on my track record of people pulling out i wouldnt count on it.

Reese- im not attacking omar or challenging him or whatever. im not the one who started the thread, im not the one who originally posted sparring footage to be critiqued. so shut the **** up.

Omar- is it that hard to find good sparring partners in china? isnt there a san shou school or something you can rock up at?

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    1/15/2006 3:40am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    the next time we get ahold of her mom's camera, me and Kat are gonna make a some videos and post them up. Probably gonna post some video of me doing some boxing (sparring) with our friend June... but then, we all know what boxing looks like anyway

edit: on the 21st
    I've seen your clip with Kat earlier. You are actually one of the only people to post on the entire new sub-forums recently to have clips up. Kudos. Although.....in the "bloodlust" that I am seeing here...I might point out that it too was dismissed by some as "just some light sparring".

The other thing is that I am not sure what people are hoping to see. Some are satisfied with nothing less than real rough house, which is cool but not always material for conversation. It's just kind of a "look how tough I am" pissing contest.

Ikken,

is it that hard to find good sparring partners in china? isnt there a san shou school or something you can rock up at?
    You have no idea. A couple problems with your idea. One, you could never trot a video camera in there. Two, you can't just waltz in there and look for friends to work out with. There is no real system of amateur gyms out here strangely enough. There ARE professional teams that work a circuit. Let's see how friendly the exchange will be when you bust out the video camera....

My "high level" training is directly with my teacher. Again, no real chance of video there. Last year I got lucky and had an ex-Sanda guy to work with but that was last year. That was fun. He was basically just a working shmoe and pretty much off the circuit but whatever.

BTW, I think Reese was just teasing dude. No one really took your comments as giving me any serious ****. I didn't anyways.

Gotta fly.

Later.

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

nuthin' ta f*ck with

Posted On:
    1/15/2006 6:27pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikken Hisatsu

Reese- im not attacking omar or challenging him or whatever. im not the one who started the thread, im not the one who originally posted sparring footage to be critiqued. so shut the **** up.
    What are you on about?
    I merely suggested that someone help Omar with his demo videos since he keeps destroying his training partners and since you live so close to China and all...
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567