damn.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 1:25pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn it...we've run out of lyrics. Just when it was beginning to look like we could save this thread with our koolness...

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 1:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickZ
    how hard would it be for me to get moderator powers over anyone with TKD in their style field? i promise to be fair and balanced.
    If you only knew how hard it is at times to keep the Admin powers held back. :cussing:
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 1:31pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kuk Sool Won

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    Kuk Sool is not a complete martial art either. It lacks a well-developed ground fighting aspect, and I have yet to be impressed by any Kuksool weapon twirling.
    Kuk sool won does have ground fighitng. Maybe not ground "grappling". There is a distinct differnece between ground grappling and ground fighting. I won't go into detail unless any of you require some more background info.

Northern Long Fist styles have many of the same "long range" kicks of Taekwondo, and train them just as effectively as TKD or KS.
    Kung fu has not developed the same level of proficiency in those kicks as the TKD community has. I have learned both TKD and Kung fu in my own personal JKD concepts of kuk sool won. There is no comparison. Taekwondo is an extremely dangerous (albiet sportive) style that devilvers enough kicking power to overwhelm a kung fu stylist.

Had I wanted to do the same, I could say that I, a TKD stylist, have fought many CMA stylists, and won some matches, and lost some matches. Thus, from my conclusion, the styles would be matched. The fact of the matter is, I don't believe styles matter. Training and application do.
    If you have lost to kung fu stylists using a Kuk Sool Won art, then you don't truly understand the concepts of KSW. Although there is kung fu incorporated into KSW, the mainstay of the style is Korean for increased practicality and effectiveness. Kung fu was included to add fluidity and culture.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 1:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kuk Sool was not in any of the Street Fighter video games therefore it sucks and has no validaty

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 1:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "JKD concepts of KSW?"

Dan Inosanto called. He wants you to die.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 1:36pm

Style: wrestling, Bjj, fi ting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan
    Kuk sool won does have ground fighitng. Maybe not ground "grappling". There is a distinct differnece between ground grappling and ground fighting. I won't go into detail unless any of you require some more background info..
    I think I have seen that before... It's called getting owned by people who know what they are doing.

Kung fu does has not developed the same level of proficiency in those kicks as the TKD community has. I have learned both TKD and Kung fu in my own personal JKD concepts of kuk sool won. There is no comparison. Taekwondo is an extremely dangerous (albiet sportive) style that devilvers enough kicking power to overwhelm a kung fu stylist.
    ..but not enough to actually work against a real fighter.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 1:47pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kung fu was included to add fluidity and culture.
    So if I take Kuk Sool Won, do I get to learn how to Lion Dance?

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 1:50pm

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you have lost to kung fu stylists using a Kuk Sool Won art, then you don't truly understand the concepts of KSW.
    Are you saying what I think your saying? That its the style that makes the fighter? I'm sorry, but your grandma may understand the concepts pefectly, but she's not going to beat a UFC fighter. So, to repeat the mantra so often said here. Its not the style that makes a fighter great, its the fighter. Learning TKD is not going to make you a better kicker then a karate guy. Its how you train that will and how your body is built. I dont care what training you put some people though, they just do not have the genetics to be the best fighter in the world. If it was as smile as TKD, or kung fu, or even BJJ everyone would do it. Your going to have to spar full contact, do work to build up muscles and endurance, have a healthy diet, and hope you have a body type that suits itself to the above. If you are doing these things I dont think it will really matter if you are training TKD, BJJ, or aikido. Your going to be a better fighter then those who dont. With equal techinque, who will win? The guy who had more endurance training. You may very well train 'teh ulitmate' martial style. But that in no way means your art will produce great fighters.

I'm training for judo competitions. And I've found with my body type, I can't just train judo. I have to go to the gym. I have to work twice as hard as everyone else to build muscle mass. I have to watch my diet and make sure i'm getting the stuff my body needs. If I dont, I'll still be a slightly overweight weakling compared to most 'tough guys'. If I just went to judo and trained I'm sure I would eventually be very technically good at judo. However, I'm just as sure my endurance would suck, and I would be getting muscled around by people (which already happens now when faced with people of the same skill level.)

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 1:58pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everybody was Kuk Sool figthing....

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast