Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172324252627 28293031 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 11:02am

Style: shuai chiao

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Until you tell me you were told this from you dont mean ****. There are alot of people pissed that he took over who thought they should have. They then went out and started there own schools and secretly talk **** but would never come out and say it about him to anyone but there own students

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 11:03am

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, with 2 years training, you are not overly qualified to *know* what will work and what will not. Let's instead stick with what you have used in a hard contact, resistance sparring session. Is that fair?

Can you describe how you spar? What kind of techiniques and strategies do you use when sparring hard? What is your personal style, i.e. what specifically do you work towards as a preference (takedown, submission, KO, sweeps, etc)?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 11:04am

Style: shuai chiao

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have explained my sparring enough I am done with that

punch-drunk

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 11:05am

supporting member
     Style: SanDa / MMA / Kung-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    regardless, you still can't fight if you don't train in a fully resisting full contact environment. that is the key issue here.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 11:06am

Style: Thai boxing , JJ ,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shuaichiaorules
    I missed that were is it?

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 11:07am

supporting member
     Style: MMA, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guys, check this **** out. I've found my weapon of choice.

It's a surgical sternum saw. Comes with 5 different blades.

How cool is that?

The vast Universe!
    The Way of Aiki to to become
    The light of all mankind
    Opening all the world

--O Sensei

:gaygay:

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 11:09am

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Respectfully, you have not. You have only said in very general terms that you use less "lethal" techniques, which is understandable. If we are not discussing your sparring, then what exactly are we talking about?

punch-drunk

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 11:14am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    okay, here's the proof, the burden of which is on you (we already know, you are the one struggling with the answer): go try it out in any venue of full-contact and see if it works.

if you have to revert to the 'too deadly' excuse, then you are basically saying that the fundamentals are not enough to stand on their own, and that you would need 'deadly tricks', which you would not have the means to apply anyway.

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 11:17am

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How do all of you no it wont work how have you guys proved to me it does not besides just saying it

Well for one, we have actually hit people full force. And we have been hit full force.

All we are saying is in a fight you will only use the skills you actually have trained in full contact sparing. Anything you sit around drilling in no resistance drills with 2 people and kata type form stuff will just fall away when your gettting punched in the face. You will fall back on what you do in full contact sparing, and if you have no full contact sparing you will crumple to the ground like a bitch.

And as pointed out in this thread, even professional fighters forget a lot of their training when they are taking shots in the head and go back to the most basic of skills. And they do train full contact all the time and drill tons of complicated moves/combos. They also have the time to train way more then any of us. But yet we still watch it crumple into a few basic jabs and some bad kicks work when they get in the ring.

The solution is simple, spar full contact. Sparing full contact is not competing. So you will not be breaking your masters vow. You could do this by going to a throwdown or getting some friends together who train. Just use your deadly techniques (within reason, do not rip off some nut sacks or gouge eyes) But any type of punch/kick/ you can do to the head/body you have been told is too deadly to use should be safe. Then learn from this experiance.

I know its hard to hear. I went though this same thing. I didn't want to belive that all my teachers telling me I will just do what we are drilling in compliant 2 partner drills will just work when i'm in trouble. But I got guts up and went and got my ass handed to me. Now i'm fixing my training to make sure I can actually use all the cool skills I'm learning.

Your exp in the martial arts is small, you should take the advice of others who have been down the same path. But if you understand that all those 'deadly' techniques will not be worth anything if you dont actually use them frequently in full contact sparing, then you be on the right path to being a real martial artist.

punch-drunk

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 11:17am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    btw, i am not a traditional shuai chiao guy at all, i have no vested interest in the politics within the shuai chiao community and really don't give a **** either way.
Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172324252627 28293031 ... LastLast