Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 9:53am

supporting member
     Style: MMA, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shuaichiaorules
    I Have Never Said I Am To Deadly To Spar I Said Alot Of The Techniques I Am Taught Are I Still Spar With Different Techniques. I Still Spar With Shuai Chiao. Can Someone Please Get That Through Their Fucking Head
    Could you re-phrase that?

I'm having trouble understanding.
    The vast Universe!
    The Way of Aiki to to become
    The light of all mankind
    Opening all the world

--O Sensei

:gaygay:

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 9:53am

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I Have Never Said I Am To Deadly To Spar I Said Alot Of The Techniques I Am Taught Are I Still Spar With Different Techniques. I Still Spar With Shuai Chiao. Can Someone Please Get That Through Their Fucking Head

We understand that, but without sparing with striking, how do you know ANY OF YOUR STRIKING TECHINQUES WORK?

all you know is that your Shuai chiao stuff works.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 9:56am

Style: Thai boxing , JJ ,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We do understand that your style lacks real objetive testing. It may or may not work as you have been told it will.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 10:01am

Style: shuai chiao

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FictionPimp
    We understand that, but without sparing with striking, how do you know ANY OF YOUR STRIKING TECHINQUES WORK?

all you know is that your Shuai chiao stuff works.
    because the other techniques work that are like it you just simply change small things in it to make them more damage effective. We do the less damaging way in class so if you make those changes you can do the techniques we learn. Plus the techniques I am talking about are still done on a partner they are just not going full force.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 10:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by garbanzo
    Could you re-phrase that?

I'm having trouble understanding.
    NICE SKULL

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 10:07am

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    because the other techniques work that are like it you just simply change small things in it to make them more damage effective. We do the less damaging way in class so if you make those changes you can do the techniques we learn. Plus the techniques I am talking about are still done on a partner they are just not going full force.

And so you think you will remember to change your techniques in a high stress situation where someone is trying to hurt/kill you? No you wont. You will do what you train full contact in. Which means you will not use any of those deadly technique, you will use what you train to spar, therefore you are wasting your time with the 'deadly' techniques. Plus if you do manage to get your wits and use the 'deadly' techniques you might find they are not so deadly. Wouldn't it suck to find that out when your life/face is on the line?

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 10:11am

supporting member
     Style: MMA, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FictionPimp
    And so you think you will remember to change your techniques in a high stress situation where someone is trying to hurt/kill you? No you wont. You will do what you train full contact in. Which means you will not use any of those deadly technique, you will use what you train to spar, therefore you are wasting your time with the 'deadly' techniques. Plus if you do manage to get your wits and use the 'deadly' techniques you might find they are not so deadly. Wouldn't it suck to find that out when your life/face is on the line?
    Good point.

One thing that sport fighting has going for it is the experience of going full out in a high pressure situation.

It's amazing how much of one's arsenal goes down the toilet. You can train six and seven punch combination for months, then climb in the ring and all you're left with is your jab.
    The vast Universe!
    The Way of Aiki to to become
    The light of all mankind
    Opening all the world

--O Sensei

:gaygay:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 10:11am

Style: Thai boxing , JJ ,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=shuaichiaorules]because the other techniques work that are like it you just simply change small things in it to make them more damage effective. We do the less damaging way in class so if you make those changes you can do the techniques we learn. Plus the techniques I am talking about are still done on a partner they are just not going full force.[/QUOTE
    That will not work because the small change may or may not give more damage take the sternum thing , hitting to the sternum you will do less damage.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 10:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No I actually would use them if I felt that I needed to you dont understand I do the techniques more than the others. I practice them on no one and yeah I know I am going to get something on practicing on nobody but I feel it really helps because you can go full force. I like to practice on third with a partner sparring, a third with a partner in a stop time situation, and a third on a false partner on my own.

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 10:19am

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How long have you been training?
Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 131920212223 24252627 ... LastLast