Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 10:48am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kuk Sool Won

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

TKD vs. Kung fu

First and foremost let me assert that I am NOT a Taekwondo stylist. I realize it is not a complete martial art and is heavily influenced by sport concepts. That is why I practice the complete style of Kuk Sool Won.

However Kuk Sool Won incorporates many aspects of TKD and kung fu into the style. Bruce Lee was not the first to invent "JKD concepts". It was the Koreans when they developed Kuk Sool Won.

From someone who has experienced both worlds through the practice of KSW, I believe that I favor TKD over kung fu. Many of the TKD kicks are long range and allow unchallenged full power kicks. Kung fu is designed for close range kicks that are easily avoided by quick evasion. Given the same amount of time and training I would bet on the TKD fighter over a kung fu fighter.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 10:53am

Style: WTF TKD, BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the sentiment, but you're still a moron and don't know ****.... good bye...

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 10:56am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kuk Sool Won

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dont' let my comment about the sport aspects of TKD turn you off. I realize TKD can be a very dangerous style when used properly. That is why it's techniques have been incorporated into Kuk Sool Won.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 11:02am

Style: WTF TKD, BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan
    Dont' let my comment about the sport aspects of TKD turn you off. I realize TKD can be a very dangerous style when used properly. That is why it's techniques have been incorporated into Kuk Sool Won.

:bduh:

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 11:09am

supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First and foremost let me assert that I am NOT a Taekwondo stylist. I realize it is not a complete martial art and is heavily influenced by sport concepts. That is why I practice the complete style of Kuk Sool Won.

However Kuk Sool Won incorporates many aspects of TKD and kung fu into the style. Bruce Lee was not the first to invent "JKD concepts". It was the Koreans when they developed Kuk Sool Won.

From someone who has experienced both worlds through the practice of KSW, I believe that I favor TKD over kung fu. Many of the TKD kicks are long range and allow unchallenged full power kicks. Kung fu is designed for close range kicks that are easily avoided by quick evasion. Given the same amount of time and training I would bet on the TKD fighter over a kung fu fighter.
    your mom

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 11:16am

Style: wrestling, Bjj, fi ting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread title sounds similar to some of the shortest books ever written:

Slap fighting Vs. Shoving

Best techniques for bar fighting after 15 shots of Jack

Streefighting uses for flying kicks

Self defense in 15 minutes or less

Nijitsu; a practical apllication

How to become a 9th dan in Joe Son Do

Ground fighting made simple by Tank Abbot

Developing credibility by Ashida Kim

Nunchucks: the worlds deadliest H2H weapon

Never lose the eye of the tiger by Vitor Belfort

Good life choices by Mark Kerr

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 11:24am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by some moron
    Given the same amount of time and training I would bet on the TKD fighter over a kung fu fighter.
    Do us a favor. Go bet your computer on something.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 11:25am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kuk Sool is not a complete martial art either. It lacks a well-developed ground fighting aspect, and I have yet to be impressed by any Kuksool weapon twirling.

Bruce Lee didn't invent "JKD Concepts". That was a group of his followers after he died. Bruce Lee invented Jeet Kune Do, and then abandoned it for philosophical reasons. JKD Concepts was invented by a group of his followers to distinguish between themselves, who wanted to continue their martial evolution, and those who wanted to only practice what Bruce Lee had taught them.

Secondly, the idea of integrating various martial concepts was not a Korean invention, nor was Bruce the first. There many classical styles of Chinese boxing that developed out of the conceptual unification of diverse styles. This can also be found in the classical Japanese arts, in Kenjutsu and jujutsu schools.

What you favor in this situation is for the most part irrelevant. Your analysis of Kung Fu and Taekwondo kicking is lacking and off base on many levels. Northern Long Fist styles have many of the same "long range" kicks of Taekwondo, and train them just as effectively as TKD or KS.

Your conclusion is pointless, because you offer no truly relevant support for it in your argument. You base your conclusion off of supposition, which in the end, is Bullshido.

Had I wanted to do the same, I could say that I, a TKD stylist, have fought many CMA stylists, and won some matches, and lost some matches. Thus, from my conclusion, the styles would be matched. The fact of the matter is, I don't believe styles matter. Training and application do.

You are a troll and an idiot. Thank you for the intellectual exercise this morning.

:byewhore:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 11:44am

Style: TaiChiPrayingMantis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who the **** says 'kung fu fighter'?

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 11:50am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mean_liar
    Who the **** says 'kung fu fighter'?
    Doesn't everyone? I mean, their kicks are fast as lightening!
Page 1 of 33 1 234511 ... LastLast