221984 Bullies, 4173 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1 to 10 of 324
Page 1 of 33 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Pagan is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    43

    Posted On:
    1/04/2006 10:48am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kuk Sool Won

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    TKD vs. Kung fu

    First and foremost let me assert that I am NOT a Taekwondo stylist. I realize it is not a complete martial art and is heavily influenced by sport concepts. That is why I practice the complete style of Kuk Sool Won.

    However Kuk Sool Won incorporates many aspects of TKD and kung fu into the style. Bruce Lee was not the first to invent "JKD concepts". It was the Koreans when they developed Kuk Sool Won.

    From someone who has experienced both worlds through the practice of KSW, I believe that I favor TKD over kung fu. Many of the TKD kicks are long range and allow unchallenged full power kicks. Kung fu is designed for close range kicks that are easily avoided by quick evasion. Given the same amount of time and training I would bet on the TKD fighter over a kung fu fighter.
  2. Slydermv is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    912

    Posted On:
    1/04/2006 10:53am


     Style: WTF TKD, BJJ/MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the sentiment, but you're still a moron and don't know ****.... good bye...
  3. Pagan is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    43

    Posted On:
    1/04/2006 10:56am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kuk Sool Won

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dont' let my comment about the sport aspects of TKD turn you off. I realize TKD can be a very dangerous style when used properly. That is why it's techniques have been incorporated into Kuk Sool Won.
  4. Slydermv is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    912

    Posted On:
    1/04/2006 11:02am


     Style: WTF TKD, BJJ/MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan
    Dont' let my comment about the sport aspects of TKD turn you off. I realize TKD can be a very dangerous style when used properly. That is why it's techniques have been incorporated into Kuk Sool Won.

    :bduh:
  5. MaverickZ is offline

    Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,928

    Posted On:
    1/04/2006 11:09am

    supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan
    First and foremost let me assert that I am NOT a Taekwondo stylist. I realize it is not a complete martial art and is heavily influenced by sport concepts. That is why I practice the complete style of Kuk Sool Won.

    However Kuk Sool Won incorporates many aspects of TKD and kung fu into the style. Bruce Lee was not the first to invent "JKD concepts". It was the Koreans when they developed Kuk Sool Won.

    From someone who has experienced both worlds through the practice of KSW, I believe that I favor TKD over kung fu. Many of the TKD kicks are long range and allow unchallenged full power kicks. Kung fu is designed for close range kicks that are easily avoided by quick evasion. Given the same amount of time and training I would bet on the TKD fighter over a kung fu fighter.
    your mom
  6. PEtrainer is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    320

    Posted On:
    1/04/2006 11:16am


     Style: wrestling, Bjj, fi ting

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread title sounds similar to some of the shortest books ever written:

    Slap fighting Vs. Shoving

    Best techniques for bar fighting after 15 shots of Jack

    Streefighting uses for flying kicks

    Self defense in 15 minutes or less

    Nijitsu; a practical apllication

    How to become a 9th dan in Joe Son Do

    Ground fighting made simple by Tank Abbot

    Developing credibility by Ashida Kim

    Nunchucks: the worlds deadliest H2H weapon

    Never lose the eye of the tiger by Vitor Belfort

    Good life choices by Mark Kerr
  7. CMack11 is offline
    CMack11's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    461

    Posted On:
    1/04/2006 11:24am


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by some moron
    Given the same amount of time and training I would bet on the TKD fighter over a kung fu fighter.
    Do us a favor. Go bet your computer on something.
  8. DerAuslander is offline
    DerAuslander's Avatar

    Valiant Monk of Booze & War

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,451

    Posted On:
    1/04/2006 11:25am

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan
    First and foremost let me assert that I am NOT a Taekwondo stylist. I realize it is not a complete martial art and is heavily influenced by sport concepts. That is why I practice the complete style of Kuk Sool Won.
    Kuk Sool is not a complete martial art either. It lacks a well-developed ground fighting aspect, and I have yet to be impressed by any Kuksool weapon twirling.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan
    However Kuk Sool Won incorporates many aspects of TKD and kung fu into the style. Bruce Lee was not the first to invent "JKD concepts". It was the Koreans when they developed Kuk Sool Won.
    Bruce Lee didn't invent "JKD Concepts". That was a group of his followers after he died. Bruce Lee invented Jeet Kune Do, and then abandoned it for philosophical reasons. JKD Concepts was invented by a group of his followers to distinguish between themselves, who wanted to continue their martial evolution, and those who wanted to only practice what Bruce Lee had taught them.

    Secondly, the idea of integrating various martial concepts was not a Korean invention, nor was Bruce the first. There many classical styles of Chinese boxing that developed out of the conceptual unification of diverse styles. This can also be found in the classical Japanese arts, in Kenjutsu and jujutsu schools.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan
    From someone who has experienced both worlds through the practice of KSW, I believe that I favor TKD over kung fu. Many of the TKD kicks are long range and allow unchallenged full power kicks. Kung fu is designed for close range kicks that are easily avoided by quick evasion. Given the same amount of time and training I would bet on the TKD fighter over a kung fu fighter.
    What you favor in this situation is for the most part irrelevant. Your analysis of Kung Fu and Taekwondo kicking is lacking and off base on many levels. Northern Long Fist styles have many of the same "long range" kicks of Taekwondo, and train them just as effectively as TKD or KS.

    Your conclusion is pointless, because you offer no truly relevant support for it in your argument. You base your conclusion off of supposition, which in the end, is Bullshido.

    Had I wanted to do the same, I could say that I, a TKD stylist, have fought many CMA stylists, and won some matches, and lost some matches. Thus, from my conclusion, the styles would be matched. The fact of the matter is, I don't believe styles matter. Training and application do.

    You are a troll and an idiot. Thank you for the intellectual exercise this morning.

    :byewhore:
  9. mean_liar is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Weymouth, MA, USA
    Posts
    138

    Posted On:
    1/04/2006 11:44am


     Style: TaiChiPrayingMantis

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who the **** says 'kung fu fighter'?
  10. DerAuslander is offline
    DerAuslander's Avatar

    Valiant Monk of Booze & War

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,451

    Posted On:
    1/04/2006 11:50am

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mean_liar
    Who the **** says 'kung fu fighter'?
    Doesn't everyone? I mean, their kicks are fast as lightening!
Page 1 of 33 1 234511 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.