Posted On:
    1/05/2006 9:18am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by unpossible
    http://blogserv.gofish.com/cnv.asx?gfid=17-1000680

:emo: how appropriate, this was just posted on another forum I frequent.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That was just priceless.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    1/05/2006 9:31am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OH GOD I MUST DEFEND MY MANHOOD IF I DON'T IMMEDIATELY HIT THIS GUY I AM ABOUT TO HIT ANYWAY PEOPLE WILL LOOK AT ME AND THINK 'fgt" AND I"M NOT AND I DON'T WANT THAT CAUSE WHAT A BAD THING TO BE (a ****** that is)

Lame bullshit.

Nice KO tho.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    1/05/2006 10:01am

supporting member
     Style: kyoku-shin, boun-shin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, nobody ever saw Maurice Smith kiss Mike Bernardo during their K1 prefight staredown? (Would've been something like 6 years ago.) This version was lame on so many levels, including the lack of originality.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/05/2006 10:13am

Style: hackery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lights Out
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That was just priceless.
    Hehe yeah, I swear to god ... I mean, I have nothing against outsiders, I've been an outsider my whole life, and I sure wasn't a sexy one ... but :( these emo kids have taken all of the independent thought out of being anti-authoritarian. How can you be anti-authority when you consume on SUCH A SCALE? I swear to god, each of these kids employs an entire fucking hair care products company.

"**** the man ... but not Vidal Sassoon ... they're okay. And AXE body spray. And Gillette. And GE; I need to be able to wash my clothes and cook my dinners. ****, that reminds me -- Kraft, Post, they're cool. Mars, Hershey, Coca-Cola, all cool. I talk bad about WAL-MART but they sell really cheap toilet paper, and they're almost getting to be geek-chic or white-trash-chic. Ummm ... that's about all ... except for Verizon, you know, cell phones lol! And ipods. **** the MUSIC BIZ (except for whoever does Evanescence EL O EL they ROCK!) And computers, uh, MS and Apple are cool, like I need them to write papers and ****. But, aside from every company that is remotely connected to the preening, grossly self-indulgent consumer lifestyle that I am entitled to, **** THE MAN! Yeah! Rock out!"

Sorry for that, folks. And that's just their vapid consumption. I've got tons more! Sexual homogenity! Groupthink in fashion, musical taste and image! Hot Topic Hos! Political ignorance!

THESE ARE ALL JUST LITTLE SUBITEMS UNDER THE CATEGORY OF "EMO" IN MY ENCYCLOPAEDIA OF RAGE! AAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

I need to spar now. :(

Posted On:
    1/05/2006 10:20am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aye, I was scared when I found how emo-yish i may look:

-The haircut
    -The clothes (well, not too emo, I donīt dye my hair, paint my nails or use make up, or extremely tight clothes)
    -I really liked "Catcher in the Rye" and J.D. Salingerīs novels by extension, altrough I think Raymon Carver is so much better.
    -I really like emo-like bands, like Queens of the Stone Age and such.
    -Iīm a fan of the seventies (you should see my ridiculous sideburns).
    -The thick-rimmed glasses.
    -I like emo-girls.

Fortunately, the emo thing in Spain has imported only the aesthetics, and not the shitty attitude.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/05/2006 11:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lights Out
    Aye, I was scared when I found how emo-yish i may look:

-The haircut
    -The clothes (well, not too emo, I donīt dye my hair, paint my nails or use make up, or extremely tight clothes)
    -I really liked "Catcher in the Rye" and J.D. Salingerīs novels by extension, altrough I think Raymon Carver is so much better.
    -I really like emo-like bands, like Queens of the Stone Age and such.
    -Iīm a fan of the seventies (you should see my ridiculous sideburns).
    -The thick-rimmed glasses.
    -I like emo-girls.

Fortunately, the emo thing in Spain has imported only the aesthetics, and not the shitty attitude.
    Hahahaha -- okay, I get you.

Yeah, that's the problem. The music I like -- it turns out -- is enough to be considered "old man emo." Having an ironic hairstyle, ditto. Jeans with dress shirts? Converse shoes? Ipod? Technologically fluent? Out of the mainstream? Liking a wide variety of movies, and even some episodes of a single anime series? "I guess I'm emo," I said to myself.

But, fortunately, now the distinction has grown more obvious, as the emo kids all strive to set themselves apart from the other emo kids. Although I recently had my hair buzzed, just so that's one less thing that people can make assumptions about.

The distinction between "emo" and "not emo" is the distinction between people who need an audience or there's no point in doing that thing, and people who do things because they're important to them. :) So ... having developed literary or musical taste, keeping yourself and your surroundings clean and tastefully decorated, versus reading stuff that people say is cool, seeking out music that people say is cool, and decorating your apartment in a way that is designed to say "I'm cool."

I know a couple of guys from Spain. Heh, I think that Spain as a whole has a ways to go before it can reach the critical mass of consumer product consumption, drama queens, suburbia, media intoxication and reflexive stylistic cannibalism necessary to produce this phenomenon of "emo."

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    1/05/2006 12:45pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ****, Queens of the Stone Age has something to do with those dumb kids wearing makeup that get in my way when I go to the mall to see whether Copelands got any new mouthguards in?

Crap.

Posted On:
    1/05/2006 12:50pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    QOTSA, Franz Ferdinand and bands a-like is what the spanish emo branch is into.

Altrought the emo label itīs rarely used, and almost unknown.

The label we use is "alternata" (a despising form of "alternativo" -alternate), commonly used to label indies, gafapastas (thick-rimmed-glasses, the real spanish equivalente of the emo kids, but with a pretentious air of intelectualism) and the likes.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/05/2006 12:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    ****, Queens of the Stone Age has something to do with those dumb kids wearing makeup that get in my way when I go to the mall to see whether Copelands got any new mouthguards in?

Crap.
    No. They're fine.

Pink Floyd,
    Led Zepplin,
    TMBG,
    Weezer,
    even G Love And The Special Sauce, Dropkick Murphy's, Bad Religion, The Cure, Deadsy and Esthero are fine. Bright Eyes is gayish, but fine music. It's all just music.

However, because it's impossible to hide cool music from stupid people, a lot of these teenaged drama queens may decide to like the same music that you do.

You can console yourself with knowing that eventually they will do a cry for help in a part of the world that is deaf to that kind of thing, and actually commit suicide, which they have been threatening to do for the last six years.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    1/05/2006 1:10pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Weezer,
    even G Love And The Special Sauce, Dropkick Murphy's, Bad Religio
    Ha all in my iTunes.
    Guess I'm an aging academic emo.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123