Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 3:17pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by I Choke You
    An embarassing loss? You flop around like a fish out of water and tap quickly.
    Damn. That means every day I train is an embarrasing loss.

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 3:21pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone know how the weight divisions break up?

I am going to be stuck in Heavyweight with these fucking wrestling monsters who are strong beyond all reason.
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 3:30pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you people read your tournament fliers or just ask the internet?

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 4:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn. That means every day I train is an embarrasing loss.
    It's fine in training, it's the point of training, you just don't want it to happen when you're going up against somebody who's supposed to be on your level.

I've always made the mistake of lacking aggression at tournaments, remember, he who dares, wins. If you don't go for a submission, you might stay safer, but you won't win. Never leave it up to the judges if you can help it. Also, try to avoid pulling guard if you can help it, it looks gay to the judges.

BJJ Purple Belt

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 4:19pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I Choke You:

Are you fucking serious? Im assuming you meant you caught Herpes Gladitorum or wrestlers herpes as its referred to, but my question is was he in the midst of an outbreak? There are supposed to be people that check for any skin borne diseases in tournaments, although none of them really do. I would sue the **** out of the promoter for that and take a bat to the fucker you trained with.

I had a close call a few weeks ago when I didnt know whether I had herpes or impetigo (they look strikingly similar) and I almost killed the skanky ho that had it and still trained, thereby spreading it to all of us at the gym. Luckily, turns out it was impetigo.

Since we're on the topic though, assuming you've got the wrestlers herpes, does that **** clear up and go away permanently, or is there still a possibility that you can have an outbreak again like a cold sore?

**EDIT**

Oh yeah BTW- white belts can enter any tournament that has a white belt division. To my knowledge, the only tournaments that dont have white belt divisions are the Pan Ams and the Mundials, most likely because they were formed back when you werent allowed to compete until you were a blue belt (times have changed since then)
    Last edited by Gumby; 1/03/2006 4:21pm at .

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 4:46pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, the Mundials for white belts would be hilarious.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 6:26pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought
    Why on earth would you read the material when you can ask people not involved with the tournament?

Mayhem,
    Regardless of whatever anyone tells you cervical attacks and heel hooks are encouraged in the whitebelt division.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 7:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you fucking serious?
    Yes.

Im assuming you meant you caught Herpes Gladitorum or wrestlers herpes as its referred to,
    I don't know, I guess, I never knew what it was for awhile and it was a big infection on my throat, spread to glands almost into the blood stream before my doctor figured out it wasn't bacterial and put me on anti-virals.

but my question is was he in the midst of an outbreak?
    I don't know, not that I could tell, but I can't say I examined him, I never even thought of it until later when I broke out.

There are supposed to be people that check for any skin borne diseases in tournaments,
    Yeah, right.

although none of them really do.
    Exactly.

I would sue the **** out of the promoter for that
    If I did that, I'd possibly ruin the tourney and the local martial arts supply store, or just make myself look like a douchebag. Besides which, that thought never occurred to me, I'm not the suing type.

and take a bat to the fucker you trained with.
    I would do this mabye, but I don't even know what town he lives in, I guess I could find his school, I know the general area it's in, but I dunno, I just don't think it'd be very cool to walk in there and say "I'm looking for this guy, I think he gave me herpes, you know where he can be reached?".

Mayhem,
    Regardless of whatever anyone tells you cervical attacks and heel hooks are encouraged in the whitebelt division.
    You do whatever you can get away with. Until the ref warns you, keep going till he taps.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 6:11am

Style: Moo Thai & Crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought
    I start training tomorrow so I haven't seen any flyers yet (I did say that I might have been getting a bit ahead of myself)

Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    Then I shall practise these so-called cervical attacks and heel hooks, and rain them down upon my foes.

The only reason I ask is that I was given a few lessons by a guy who trains at Krav (he also trains BJJ) and I seemed to pick it up quite well and was able to apply the techniques against resisting opponents.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 10:42am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Given your previous training experience, forgo the new training, keep working your Krav and sign up for the blue belt division.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast