Sponsored Links Spacer Image

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 2:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because, Sammy King is an idiot. He did it with this thread and also the vanishing _ing-_hun hands debate.

Thanks for the KK vids bro!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 7:00pm

Style: Ex-TMA/KB Noob/Judo Noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So you entitle the thread "good sparring" and then proceed to post a load of breaking. Fucking lamer!

There's what, one short sparring vid in addition to that rm file that I can't watch because I don't have real player on my comp. Might be more...but I skipped a couple 'cus I assumed they were just more breaking

I wish I knew where you lived. That way I could come over to your house and **** on your keyboard as a punishment.

If you say you're going to post sparring vids don't include breaking vids without an explanation...and for goodness sake make sparring vids the marjority!
    Last edited by The Limey; 1/03/2006 7:03pm at .

Isolated and Confused

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 8:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu, Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This one's a good knockout.
    Failing to become awesome since 1976

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 10:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sparring without allowing strikes to the head is LAME. I don't care how hard you punch or kick to the body, it is still LAME. I submit exhibit A - Clip # 1 at 0:57 seconds. The one guy beats the hell out of the other guy's chest with several clean shots. The other guy doesn't block. He just takes them and keeps on going. This leads to very bad habits which would get your ass handed to you in a real fight. In a real fight, that guy would have been toast.

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 10:35pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bad habits?Shut up please.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 11:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sparring without allowing strikes to the head is LAME. I don't care how hard you punch or kick to the body, it is still LAME. I submit exhibit A - Clip # 1 at 0:57 seconds. The one guy beats the hell out of the other guy's chest with several clean shots. The other guy doesn't block. He just takes them and keeps on going. This leads to very bad habits which would get your ass handed to you in a real fight. In a real fight, that guy would have been toast.
    Did you just get off the boat from Retardedville? To use teh same logic "Sparring while wearing gloves is LAME. I submit exhibit "Every MT/Boxing fight ever" where the guy repeatedly throws hooks to the head. He just keeps doing it. In a reaf fight he would break his hands." Or BJJ roling with no strikes - its a training methodology for safety. Not how we street fight.

We train with head punches moron. We just don't throw them in tournaments because we don't wear pansy gloves like you sissy boys. I've seen enough broken sternums to know that unconditioned people (conditioning for gloves and bare knuckles is not the same thing) get hurt when they get hit this way.

If we suck why is a tournament WE started the one that all MT fighters want to win?

Enter a Knockdown tournament before making assumptions. I've fought MT rules. I wouldn't call thems oft. Do us the courtesy of trying our rules.
    Sociopaths are people too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 11:16pm

Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or BJJ roling with no strikes"

exactly. How homosexual

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/05/2006 8:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok. Maybe I just don't understand the whole point of not allowing punches to the head.

If you have seen a lot of broken sternums, then, apparently chest shots can be dangerous. Why not throw on gloves and allow strikes to the head as well? (Serious question.) Is it because the tournaments are not *amateur fight* - they are a step down in intensity, so going with no head shots opens the tournaments up to more people - people who would want to try their stuff but not at the amateur fight level?

Also, are kicks allowed to the head?

Oh, and I didn't say that the sternum shots weren't hard. Unlike other clips of sternum shots I've seen, these looked liked they would actually hurt. I still don't think that's the same things as striking to the head, though.

I will say, however, that I am a little biased against no-face formats. When I took TKD, we could only simulate head shots. We had to pull our punches. Many times, I pulled my punches about 1" from my opponent's face, but the referee did not score the point, and my opponent kept on going. I started to think that my technique just sucked, but really, the rules changed the normal reactions.

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    1/20/2006 12:41am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To Rashomom

Firstly you have to understand that Kyokushin Karate did allow face strikes and/or head punches from its conception to about the early 70's.

Masutatsu Oyama had envisioned his style of karate to be realistic fighting system. He had done and even excelled in many different styles of fighting. You name ,it he did it.

Full-contact tournaments can also mean knockdown by the way. In that every fight was indented do have one decisive victor. In the old days Kyokushin Karate was a very small society .So its pool of hardcore fighters was small but usually vey reliable in that it usually plastered all comers in the MA world. Yes, if you or anyone is wondering, I even heard of KK fighting Judoka believe it or not. Probably the rules were specific which allowed for the advantage to be on the KK side. But I'm getting ahead of myself now. Just remember that most Japanese by then had done Judo in school at an early age.

So by the late 60's and 70's KK had slightly changed when the no face punch came into effect. Most say it could have been because of the high risk of injury to the fighterís hand. Itís possible.(Today ,eventhough I don't ever punch to someone's face I have had and still suffer from hand and wrist injury's.) The other possibility is that Kyokushin had a large drop out rate back then .Maybe Oyama understood that if he wanted Kyokushin to spread around the world as the best martial art he would have to crank the intensity down a tad bit.

But I have speculated.That, Oyama and most in the top brass came to the conclusion that maybe Kyokushin could not be allowed to have competitions in most nations of the world because of the existence already of laws against having NHB and bare-fisted (Is that right word?) prize fights.

So perhaps that because of Kyokushin's extreme fighting - then - it could have faced prohibition and even having training being banned in most places. After all, most states in the USA donít want any UFC and NHB competitions to be sanctioned by any governing body.

So I believe that Oyama chose to keep the full-contact - meaning hard body strikes in Ėinstead of allowing protective gear to be worn at all times. This is ironic since today most people who do Kyokushin do have the option of wearing shin-pads and women have the option of wearing chest protectors.

Although, I would speculate how Kyokushin would look today in itís training and techniques chosen for competition if Oyama had allowed the introduction of protective gear to be mandatory in Kyokushin so early in the history of Kyokushin Karate.

Perhaps If we look at Sanshou and Kick-boxing then maybe we see what Kyokushin almost became.But that is just speculation on my part.
    Last edited by CanucKyokushin; 1/20/2006 12:52am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/20/2006 6:13pm

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Those mofos are beating the crap out of each other.
    It also shows how ineffective karate is,
    they keep striking and effect.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast