and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    3/21/2006 11:31pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr._Tzun_Tzu
    I posted a source to a WT fighter that had 7 for 7 victorys, most by knockout in Boxing.

http://www.giuncarossa.it/eng/news/staged.htm

heres more about him...

Funny, no one seemed to wanna mention it......

He's not in any official boxing record I can find. Boxrec.com is the standard and no listing even close to that name.

More info plz - another spelling, fight dates or locations, ID number.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    3/21/2006 11:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    perhaps he was an amateur? Not that a single record of an alleged "wing chun boxer" is any sort of proof that wing chun is effective. All that does is potentially negate Tzun Tzu's retarded assertion that you can't use wing chun punches with boxing gloves.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Posted On:
    3/21/2006 11:38pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shouldnt WC punches be super awesome in Vale Tudo competition then? I mean... no gloves...

Badness will not be rewarded

Posted On:
    3/22/2006 2:59am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Lightweight

Posted On:
    3/22/2006 6:45am

supporting member
     Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From March 2005:

Quote Originally Posted by MrMcFu

This will be the last time I post to a _ing _un thread.

You just couldn't resist it could you.

Badness will not be rewarded

Posted On:
    3/22/2006 6:52am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nope, still can't. BJJ instills a never quit attitude.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2006 8:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ
    In reality, they are both fighting. The more and more you get to being efficient/effective with what you do (if that's your goal), everything in a stand up game start looking more and more alike. Hope that's not too deep for you... But after a while, every punch is just that - a punch. Every kick is just that - a kick. Every fight is just that... a fight.

(to be more direct:) Whybother, why not enlighten us all on what YOU know of boxing or WC or punching for that matter? Because everything I read from you sound just like trolling with no substance :)

JP
    This is more "conceptual fighting" crap -- all punches, all styles, etc. are not just different paths to the same destination. If they were we'd see _ing __un (including the incredibly stupid HFY version), traditional chinese martial arts, karate, etc. equally represented along side MT, boxing, BJJ, wrestling, etc. in fighitng competitions. They're not. Boxing uses their body differently than karate or _ing __un. It might be true that some _ing __un people's punching begin to take on similarities to boxing, but that's because in search of power they being to move away from _ing __un mechanics and toward boxing mechanics.

And, dude, I'm giving you substance, What bothers you is that I ask for evidence of _ing __unners claims, and of course none exists.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2006 8:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ
    or maybe, WC help someone understand 'why' something works from the start. and uses physics to explain it from the start..
    Someone doesn't know why or how something works unless they can actually make it work! LOL! Since _ing __un people can't fight worth ****, they can't know why things work (or don't work -- if they understood that, they wouldn't be doing _ing __un!!), and so can't explain it. Boxers, MTers, BJJers, wrestlers, etc. can make what they do work, and so understand why they are doing what they are doing (and consequently why _ing __un won't work), yet don't use physics to explain things (since it doesn't help). Funny how Tyson developed into a great puncher and D'Amato never took the time to go over F=ma. ;)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2006 8:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr._Tzun_Tzu
    I posted a source to a WT fighter that had 7 for 7 victorys, most by knockout in Boxing.

http://www.giuncarossa.it/eng/news/staged.htm

heres more about him...

Funny, no one seemed to wanna mention it......
    I didn't say _ing __un couldn't work, I said it wouldn't work against decent competition. Just about anything you train (if you train hard enough) can work against scrubs. Some traditional JJ guys (or chin na practitioenrs) may win a fight now and again against some half-drunk, out-of-shape guy on the street, but you don't see them winning against anyone with decent skills (like grappling competitions). Shotokan karateka have won some point compeitions, some "streetfights" against scrubs, but not against decent competition (full contact fights). Let's see the video of _ing __un winning against decent competition. Of course it doesn't exist. And that's because _ing __un is a second-rate martial art, and it doesn't provide the training or techniques that will develop good fighting skills. With millions of practioners world-wide (compare to the number of BJJ practioners) it has yet to produce one really competant fighter. Why?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/22/2006 9:03am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    Then I can only suggest that your horizontal fist punching is subpar compared to your potential force.
    You are welcome to suggest anything you would like.

Can you explain to me exactly why you think a horizonal fist can deliver more force than a verticle fist?

And...is this only for straight punches, or do you suggest that this includes hooks and other types of punches too?
Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313738394041 42434445 ... LastLast