Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/02/2006 2:14pm

Style: No real training.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Inner Power Martial Arts: McDojo or not?

http://www.ipmanp.net/

They don't spar...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/02/2006 4:03pm

Style: FMA & judo-ultra noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why the hell would you learn from them when you can learn from a better school like www.realultimatepower.net

:P

Students at Inner Power Martial Arts study To-Shin Do, the self protection martial art developed from Ninjutsu by Black Belt Hall of Fame Member, An-Shu Stephen K. Hayes of Dayton, Ohio.

... ninjas... in nebraska.... from a guy named stephen.

Ok, and that's not even a parody site, like RUP! ... amazing that people buy into this stuff.

**** you math class

Posted On:
    1/02/2006 4:06pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do I have to be young or in great physical condition to participate in the classes?

In martial arts, as with many aspects of life, good physical conditioning and body awareness is an asset. One of the biggest differences is that our training helps develope, rather than test conditioning, flexibility, balance, and coordination. The To-Shin Do study is about self defense martial arts, not competition, and the study centers around self improvement, rather than winning trophies. Remember, the need to protect yourself and others is not related to physical condition or age.

What if I feel nervous or out of place because I don't know what's going on?

We have all been to our first day at school, our first driving lesson, our first day on the job, or our first time at everything we have ever tried. Every student at Inner Power has been there, and will do everything possible to help make your first class experience a super one!

Will I be tied into some sort of contract that I can't change?

At Inner Power we handle all of our training agreements within the school. Your training agreement and billing will always be handled with your convenience and situation in mind. We strive to maintain a good reputation with in the community, and above all, to give our students honest and fair treatment.

How long does it take to "get" my Black Belt?

At Inner Power, we encourage our student to EARN a Black Belt, but more importantly to gain the knowledge that this often misunderstood symbol represents. Furthermore, the First Degree Black Belt in To-Shin Do is the key that unlocks a vast storehouse of knowledge for the seriously interested person. The average time to earn the First Degree Black Belt is around 42 months. This varies from student to student, depending upon many factors. Factors such as frequency of attendance, participation in seminars, desire to understand teh concepts and principles of the art in depth, and any past martial arts experience that may carry over to our study.

Is there some sort of "religion" involved in martial art training?

At Inner power we have total respect for each person's religious beliefs, whatever they may be, and make no attempt to alter or influence those beliefs. The training we do here is for self defense purposes, which should contribute to a person becoming more secure in his or her own beliefs. In addition, none of the students at Inner Power Martial Arts are ever required to do anything that makes them feel uncomfortable or is contrary to their beliefs.

What if my friends want me to show them what I can do?

This is a very important question. Remember, the most important aspect of self defense is surprise. Naturally we feel a need to share something we like with others. But sharing not only gives away your secrets, but can be dangerous is mis-used. The best way to let your friends discover To-Shin Do is to bring them in for an intro and 2 free classes, so that they get a positive experience under safe and controlled conditions.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 5:37pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if some places scream mcdojo, this breaks all glasses in a 1000 km perimeter.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/05/2006 3:08pm

Style: No real training.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wunderbar.

Now maybe I can tell my little cousins (We're talking 9/10 here) that they're being taught utter horse crap...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/05/2006 11:21pm

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm surprised you weren't able to figure that out on your own.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2006 9:07pm

Style: afrkan martial arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

there your ass is!!!

Quote Originally Posted by saturnjunkie
    Why the hell would you learn from them when you can learn from a better school like www.realultimatepower.net

:P

Students at Inner Power Martial Arts study To-Shin Do, the self protection martial art developed from Ninjutsu by Black Belt Hall of Fame Member, An-Shu Stephen K. Hayes of Dayton, Ohio.

... ninjas... in nebraska.... from a guy named stephen.

Ok, and that's not even a parody site, like RUP! ... amazing that people buy into this stuff.
    Still fucking with people huh dick weed? :walk: :confused3 :sad11: lean some afrikan fighting arts dude....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/28/2006 10:32pm

Style: Sub-wrestling, mostly...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjcool
    Wunderbar.

Now maybe I can tell my little cousins (We're talking 9/10 here) that they're being taught utter horse crap...
    I'd pay to see the look on their faces when you tell them that... :happy5:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2006 4:22am

Style: Shaolin Kempo Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It looks like a fricken rainbow with the stripes on the kids.