supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero
    *giving jnp the middle finger*

Anywayzzzz............................

Martial Arts Legends Presents: The Greatest Fighters of All Time. June 2000

Benny went on to defeat every opponent in the world of full contact karate. Then in 1976 the WKA and Benny made martial arts history when they signed to do the first ever muay thai fight in the U.S.. "This was the first time anyone in the U.S. had ever fought a Thai Fighter." Benny Recalled. "Nobody knew anything about them. When they told me I was going to fight Muay Thai, I thought that was the guy's name. I said sure I'll fight Muay Thai, I just thought I was going to fight a guy named Muay Thai."

"I was hitting him with all kinds of stuff but this guy wasn't feeling it," Benny remembered. "He kept getting up and coming back for more. Then I started kicking his legs like he was kicking mine. But he blocked my kicks with his shin. I'd never seen a leg check before, and it hurt like crazy. We stood there trading kicks but I'll be honest with you, I was getting the worse end of the deal." One of the very few times that Benny has ever hit the mat came when Noi landed a kick to Benny's head as the "Jet" was attempting a sweep. Benny landed head first on the canvas. Dazed, he propped himself on one knee as the crowd went wild. He got up with a vengeance, throwing and landing every kick and punch in the book. The action was relentless from both fighters. Suddenly Benny and Narong weren't the only ones who were fighting. "It happened during the ninth round," Benny explained. "A riot broke out. I saw Chuck Norris being attacked by a Thai fan. Chuck nailed the guy then the entire arena erupted into a full-scale riot. Narong and I stopped fighting. We stood in the center of the ring and watched everybody else fight. It was crazy. The fight was declared a no contest."
    And once again, the moral of the story is....

DON'T **** WITH CHUCK!

Genius

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 7:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After that fight benny started learning MT and I believe he was among the first in America to learn MT.
    I read that interview as well. Benny said something to the effect of : When he kicked me in the leg, it was the hardest kick I've ever felt. I thought "great, he just used all of his energy in that kick".. then he kicked me again.

Benny is awesome, but he did get whooped up on in that fight against a low-ranked thaiboxer. Not really his fault, as it was/is a new and foreign arena to him and americans weren't even close to that level of training at the time.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 7:35pm

Style: Muay Thai & "t3h gr4ppl3"

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    I read that interview as well. Benny said something to the effect of : When he kicked me in the leg, it was the hardest kick I've ever felt. I thought "great, he just used all of his energy in that kick".. then he kicked me again.

Benny is awesome, but he did get whooped up on in that fight against a low-ranked thaiboxer. Not really his fault, as it was/is a new and foreign arena to him and americans weren't even close to that level of training at the time.
    Actually Narong Noi was a champion at the time according to the article. And I agree, Benny is awesome.

Genius

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 7:35pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chuck Norris does a TSD, a Korean martial art. Chuck beat up every Thai in the stadium. All Korean arts are derivatives of Kuk Sool Won. Kuk Sool Won caused the no contest, therefore KSW wins again.

Thought I'd post this before Pagan did.

Genius

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 7:37pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually Narong Noi was a champion at the time according to the article. And I agree, Benny is awesome.
    I must be confusing fighters here. Ah yes, Rufus with Benny.

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 7:51pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickZ
    "I like them this big"

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan
    Helio eating Korean food does not coorelate to skill in Korean arts. However if Helio practiced a Korean martial art, then yes, his skills would be influenced by kuk sool won techniques.
    Allright, hes a gimmick. Nobody is that dense.

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 7:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I saw Chuck Norris being attacked by a Thai fan. Chuck nailed the guy then the entire arena erupted into a full-scale riot. Narong and I stopped fighting. We stood in the center of the ring and watched everybody else fight.
    Holy crap, that's so awesome. Video!!

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 8:01pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    540 spining kicks in a crowded stadium!

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 10:09pm

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chuck Norris is the man!!!!!!!

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 10:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan
    ]This is a K-1 fight and not staged. It's just a high light clip so that's why you don't see the good points of the thai fighter.
    That is not a K-1 sanctioned fight. It is a broadcast about something called "G-1" or "G-4" or something like that - and yes it is completely staged. Someone had proof of it several months ago, not sure what it was, do a search function before you post something that has been debunked.
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast