Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 11:35am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, I care that idiots like you bring shame to the name of Korean martial arts.

KSW is not the "JKD Concepts" of Korean martial arts. They are in no way shape or form close. KSW is an ad hoc conglomeration Korean Karate, Aikijutsu, kung fu, and some legitmate TKMA. That's not downing anyone who practices it, as it can be a great martial art, but a little dose of reality never hurts.

If there were a "JKD Concepts" of KMA, it would likely belong to Hee Il Cho's Taekwondo...or Sang Kim's Junsado.

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 11:55am

Style: BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Spaulding
    The arguments on that site are BS. When Benny doesn't do well using a ruleset that allows for techniques that he doesn't train for, he's crap. When he does well using a more restrictive ruleset, where the legal techniques are ones that both parties train for, he's a coward.
    Put the entire thread into context. The point is that the gimmick poster Pagan shouldn't talk about defeating Muay Thai fighters as if he defeated Muay Thai fighters who were allowed their full arsenal. I'd give Benny a more credit if he did fight the Muay Thai fighters who were allowed low kicks and elbows like Ramon Dekkers or the various Kyokushin challengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan
    Watch the Benny video again. There were leg kicks thrown and it was under muay thai rules. Did you see the Kuk Sool Won shoulder throw that Benny did? At the time Benny thought Muay thai was the name of the guy he was fighting. He got pissed off when the thai started throwing elbows so he used some illegal Kuk Sool Won shoulder throws on the thai fighter.

Put on your glasses, and see the low kicks in that video. Are you in denial so much that you can't see what's going on in the video?
    Listen you nuthugger, at no point in that highlight video did I see any of Benny's kicks land below the waist. Show me one screencap at least of one of his kicks landing CLEARLY below the waist. Not at waist level, not just slightly below waist level as if it was an accident BUT CLEARLY being aimed at the thighs or shins.

Furthemore, why are you trying to imply that Benny was employing KS when he throw that Muay THai fighter like that? His grappling background was Judo so that throw was a Seioi-nage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newb1 View Post

B) I could not beat a Judoka with Aikido. I could only beat an Aikidoka with Aikido. I thought that was understook.

HONEY BADGER!

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 12:14pm

Style: Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since KSW is teh JKDC of KMA, if you have a rank in KSW all your shoulder throws become a KSW shoulder throw; the same way any punch you throw becomes a JKD punch if you train in JKD...

:icon_cry: :5sigh: :new_gmorn

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 1:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Helio Gracie once ate at a korean restaurant. This means that any of his victories, and any GJJ victory ever since, can be fully attributed to Kok Sok Won.

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 1:08pm

Style: BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wouldn't that be "Cook Sul Won?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Newb1 View Post

B) I could not beat a Judoka with Aikido. I could only beat an Aikidoka with Aikido. I thought that was understook.

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 1:12pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reis
    Wouldn't that be "Cook Sul Won?"
    Well, the irony here is that the Korean sound, "sool" can mean both "skill" or...

ALCOHOL!!!

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 1:12pm

Style: TKD, Wing Chun, Ninjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Booooooooooo!

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 1:13pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sn7
    Booooooooooo!
    Here. Let me pour you a nice cold, shiny glass of "Go **** Yourself".

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 1:20pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kuk Sool Won

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reis
    Listen you nuthugger, at no point in that highlight video did I see any of Benny's kicks land below the waist. Show me one screencap at least of one of his kicks landing CLEARLY below the waist. Not at waist level, not just slightly below waist level as if it was an accident BUT CLEARLY being aimed at the thighs or shins.
    Benny throws his kicks above the waist becuase he is used to that rule set. However look at the THAI FIGHERS. The THAI FIGHTERS throw leg kicks. The one that gets knocked out by a punch throws leg kicks too.

I clearly see muay thai fighters using muay thai low kicks getting defeated by the TKD back kicks(and therefore Kuk sool won back kicks). The guy that gets thrown used elbows and that is why he was thrown in revenge. Benny did not know what the rules were.

Helio eating Korean food does not coorelate to skill in Korean arts. However if Helio practiced a Korean martial art, then yes, his skills would be influenced by kuk sool won techniques.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 1:21pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kuk Sool Won

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And i would apprecciate it if you DerAuslander would stop trying to hog all the credit away from Kuk Sool Won.
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast