Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/31/2005 10:10am

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Is it real? Nat. geographic

Did anyone see the program Is it real? On the Nat. Geographic Wed. night? They did an expose on George Dillman and the pressure point knockouts and his new no touch knock outs.

In short, they showed a host of unbelievable touch knock outs at some Dillman school. Then they showed a 12 year old boy, under the direction of Dillman instructors making and throwing “chi” balls at adult black belts “knocking” them out.

Then the researchers got a crack! A scientist from Europe allowed Dillman top man to try and knock him out with only Chi. After what looked like a no touch Vulcan mind meld, nothing happened. Dillman response…”He is an unbeliever. And if he had his tongue in the wrong spot while lifting his big toe, we would not be able to knock him out.”
    Last edited by wagamichi; 12/31/2005 10:17am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2005 10:58am

Style: FMA & judo-ultra noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I swear these things are nothing more than a form of group hypnosis. That's why 'strong willed' people like scientists and skeptics are never able to fall victim to this kind of mental suggestion.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2005 11:05am

Style: Koei-Kan, Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yup. Saw it. This has been mentioned quite a few times as well. This was one of the front page articles posted a while back.

Posted On:
    12/31/2005 11:09am

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FredGarvinMP
    Yup. Saw it. This has been mentioned quite a few times as well. This was one of the front page articles posted a while back.

Well I did a search of "is it real" and dillman and did not see anything. Sorry for the post then.

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    12/31/2005 11:21am

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did they ask him what good it is only to knock out people who trust and belive in you? I mean I want to knock out crack heads trying to steal my wallet, not my paying customers.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2005 11:22am

Style: Koei-Kan, Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wagamichi
    Well I did a search of "is it real" and dillman and did not see anything. Sorry for the post then.
    That's cool. I didn't want to do the standard reply. I think if you look up "Dillman" you'll find it. The holding the tongue to the side comment is priceless.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/01/2006 2:08pm

Style: BJJ/ Judo/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnjunkie
    I swear these things are nothing more than a form of group hypnosis. That's why 'strong willed' people like scientists and skeptics are never able to fall victim to this kind of mental suggestion.
    I agree. All the processes they go thru in hypnoisi they go thru in things like the No touch KO's. We need to find a psy major....

BJJ Purple Belt

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 4:12pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Considering the company he was in (the other guests in the show) I cant imagine it would be flattering to dillman to be on it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 4:20pm

Style: Martial Arts man!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I saw it as well. Pure gold. I wish someone had a link and set it up here. Not only for the comedy but to see that snake-oil salesman Dillhole. He sounded like a pure con man when they interviewed, pure and simple. His voice, his mannerisms, everything fit write into the conman stereotype.
    I went to the Dillhol forum after I heard of this and his students were still defending him. Saying that they KO'd like 50 people in that demo (all students I am sure). They talk of the importance of believing you would be KO'd (wtf?). Even so, I would like to have someone try this on me and I would go into it with the idea of it working so if there is any energy, anything - it will KO me. I would seriously like to give it a go.
    I was talking to someone that you could tell respected Dillman but did not really believe in him. He trained with one of his students. His student told him he would not KO him but just show him some Ppoint applications. He said that they hurt like hell and while he did not see any real life application for them, he did find the lesson interesting.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 5:26pm

Style: She Sho Nah Fen

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ive trained in a kempo style thats very similar and shares the same linegae to dillman, however i DO not in any way believe I can be knocked out without being hit, and hit hard. I dont believe in waving ur hand and the person falls. I do however believe in hitting the person as hard and as fast as possible and knocking him out. Im sure with 10 hits to the face, i would hit a pressure point or 2
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast