Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 4:03pm

Style: Yudo, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Height doesn't affect 'skill' in judo, it affects which technique would be more effective for that person.

Like short person will generally have shorter reach but lower center of gravity so judo techs. like hip throw, shoulder throws might be good ones.

Like all person will generally have longer reach but higher center of gravity so techs like knee wheels, foot sweeps might be good ones.

I'm 5'8" and was 145 lb at the time. I also have short legs so my center of gravity is pretty low. My main techs were various seoinage, goshi.

My friend was 6'4" with long ass legs and arms, his main techs. were various gari. When he and I did randori, he could do nidan kosoto gari on me from mile away but it took a miracle for him to get any throws like seoinage.

Edit: To give you idea of size difference, his hip = my lower chest height.
    Last edited by babo78; 1/03/2006 4:06pm at .

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 7:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vik
    My parents are 5'5 (dad) and 5'3 (mom) and I'm 16, 5'8, and weigh 135 lbs.
    My mom is 5'4", my dad is 5'5.5"-6".

I'm 6', 230lbs. I can't explain that one.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 7:50pm

Style: Boxing, TKD, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some research I've seen said men stop growing at 25 or around the early twenties, growing well after high school. Heh I hope it's goddamn true

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2006 8:42pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Elvis
    Damn Sniffler. Then don't ask questions like one about while talking about being so small and so weak that I feint and I'll never be a monster and being big is better blah blah blah.

Why am I saying this? Because sniffler you have a height and weight advantage on me and It's never stopped me from doing anything. At your age I was pound for pound stronger than most people I knew because I ate right, took my ass to the gym and lifted heavy weights. Over the years I also started taking all the martial arts that I could that involved heavy sparring such as wrestling, western boxing, muay thai and BJJ amongst others. Over the years I have owned many people both on the mat and on the street who were much bigger than me.

At two places I trained I was also the official "noob breaker" which meant that all new people in class fought me first regardless of size. Why? What better way to show how good the school is when you get your ass handed to you by a guy who you outweigh by 50 to 100lbs.

The point is that if you have a good work ethic and really give a **** than you can make a difference. You can be a monster in judo if you want to. You can kick peoples asses with solid boxing skills. You can tap out huge guys with BJJ. You can jack people up when you combine the three together. You also have speed to your advantage and by your own mouth endurance. Wear out your bigger opponents with defense until they are tired and then **** them up. Work on your timing, speed and flexability. Use your brain and be smarter and more technical than everybody else. Be innovative by finding modifications that work for you.

But most of all, you need to stop being a *****. Believe it or not you are being one right now because you've mentally given up. That's why I say, Man up bitch and do something about it!
    Thanks for the well typed post, although I still have the urge to give the computer screen a finger for you calling me a *****. :qleft6:

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    1/07/2006 5:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Larson
    Thanks for the well typed post, although I still have the urge to give the computer screen a finger for you calling me a *****. :qleft6:
    You are on your way to un-pussydom already my friend. It's all in your mind and it's within your control to change. Today is the day.

BTW... Welcome to Bullshido!

:headbang:
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2006 5:50pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Elvis
    You are on your way to un-pussydom already my friend.
    Sweet.

It's all in your mind and it's within your control to change. Today is the day.

BTW... Welcome to Bullshido!

:headbang:
    :new_2guns and stuff.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/07/2006 6:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not sure, but everybody all my life told me everyone stops growing heightwise at 18-19, no matter what (for men).

My parents are 5'5 (dad) and 5'3 (mom) and I'm 16, 5'8, and weigh 135 lbs. I had a sort of a growth spurt from 5'4 to 5'8, 95 lbs to 135 lbs (track and tkd) in just a year a couple years back. I haven't grown at all this past year except gain a few pounds, but that's about it. My older bro is around 5-10, but I doubt I'll grow anymore.

Am I unable to grow any more for the rest of my life?
    you and teryan should start some kind of stickman club. im 5'8 and about 145-150 and i probably have more fat under my fingernails than on my body. its kind of surprising how many people ive met on martial arts forums who are incredibly skinny like that.

and 5'8 isnt short, stop your bitching.

Posted On:
    1/07/2006 6:50pm

Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neildo
    My mom is 5'4", my dad is 5'5.5"-6".

I'm 6', 230lbs. I can't explain that one.

How tall is your mailman?
    Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your signatures.

Posted On:
    1/08/2006 7:46am

Style: gongfu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some research I've seen said men stop growing at 25 or around the early twenties, growing well after high school. Heh I hope it's goddamn true

yah. I heard the same thing myself ......

It's pretty concerning to hear you're nearly passing out at training !... particularly with the IV thing..... is 'not' my idea of a good sesh....

How do you go for protein btw ??... or potassium is my real question. Because potassium is an electrolyte and electorlytes relate to fluid and make your heart pump, it could be something else you might not have considered .... you can get tonnes of it from milk and orange juice and the effect is almost immediate ... also regular carbs ... when your muscles run out of sugar ( glucogen) you pass out and all sorts of stuff in there just stops working ... don't mean to mommy you about it but you might want take care of your fluid intake aswell. the daily intake recommendation is 1.5 lts a day is outside of what you get from food ....

Gotta take care of yourself if you want to train.....

you're right btw ... it's when you reach 25 that you're bones stop growing and 'set' ... As we get older and eating regimes get slacker and lives take on other priorities certain things in our bodies are harder to replenish and denisty naturally drops and our metabolisms slow down ... meaning that each yr after - if you do the same things while the clock winds down, you do or are more suseptable to gaining weight naturally ....
    I think most of us here know fighters and so on who continue however to gain 'good' weight after 25 , even when they started off really thin in their teens.
    I've been into world champion gyms and seen pictures on their walls of when theey were younger and waaay smaller and now they have awesome bodies a decent amount more sizey...
    If you do want to gain weight, there are tonnes of ppl around who can help you out...
    just don't take allll your advice from the net .... go to a gym or a fighting gym, let someone actually see you , have a chat about what you want to acheive and ask someone there...

good luck with it anyway

Blooming Lotus
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234