Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    12/31/2005 4:11am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Larson
    Well, I eat lots of instant noodles and martial training past the punching bag is a rarity because I'm pretty much stuck on base.

In fact, I almost passed out 2 weeks ago in class because of low blood sugar and no food. They got the IV needle in me and everything. :surprised
    For your own sake stop.

Stop eating the instant noodle stuff. Its okay to have as a snack before training now and then but you should not be eating that stuff all the time.

Change your diet. Clean it up. Eat lots of fresh fuit and vegeatbles - most of your carbohydrates should be from those, not processed packaged stuff like noodles or pasta. Get suck into the lean protein like red meat,fish,chicken. Go to the fresh food section in your supermarket or the butchers and you'll see what I mean.

Once you start eating healthy you'll see a big difference. You'll also have the energy to train with.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2005 12:28pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikken Hisatsu
    im 5'8 and about 150 pounds... stop crying bitch and go do a martial art that isnt taekwonfaggotry
    Oh go bitch yourself Rick James. :qright2: :5slick:

Change your diet. Clean it up. Eat lots of fresh fuit and vegeatbles - most of your carbohydrates should be from those, not processed packaged stuff like noodles or pasta. Get suck into the lean protein like red meat,fish,chicken. Go to the fresh food section in your supermarket or the butchers and you'll see what I mean.
    I try to follow the food pyramid best I can. It's never really been an energy problem, just a weight one.

I'll take up the advice on more fruit and veges though. Thanks.

10th level Superlesson Grandmaster

Posted On:
    1/01/2006 11:44am

Style: Currently Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I try to follow the food pyramid best I can. It's never really been an energy problem, just a weight one.

I'll take up the advice on more fruit and veges though. Thanks.
    The food pyramid is not an athletic diet.
    Who, for Pete’s sake! Is opposing science? In fact, we want MORE science by CRITICALLY ANALIZING the evidence-Connie Morris, Kansas State BOE (bolding and underlining part of original quote, red is my emphasis)

As long as you try to treat your subjective experiences as if they were objective experiences, you will continue to be confounded by people who disagree with you.-some guy on an internet messageboard

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    1/01/2006 1:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...and I am not a *****. :knob:
    Damn Sniffler. Then don't ask questions like one about while talking about being so small and so weak that I feint and I'll never be a monster and being big is better blah blah blah.

Why am I saying this? Because sniffler you have a height and weight advantage on me and It's never stopped me from doing anything. At your age I was pound for pound stronger than most people I knew because I ate right, took my ass to the gym and lifted heavy weights. Over the years I also started taking all the martial arts that I could that involved heavy sparring such as wrestling, western boxing, muay thai and BJJ amongst others. Over the years I have owned many people both on the mat and on the street who were much bigger than me.

At two places I trained I was also the official "noob breaker" which meant that all new people in class fought me first regardless of size. Why? What better way to show how good the school is when you get your ass handed to you by a guy who you outweigh by 50 to 100lbs.

The point is that if you have a good work ethic and really give a **** than you can make a difference. You can be a monster in judo if you want to. You can kick peoples asses with solid boxing skills. You can tap out huge guys with BJJ. You can jack people up when you combine the three together. You also have speed to your advantage and by your own mouth endurance. Wear out your bigger opponents with defense until they are tired and then **** them up. Work on your timing, speed and flexability. Use your brain and be smarter and more technical than everybody else. Be innovative by finding modifications that work for you.

But most of all, you need to stop being a *****. Believe it or not you are being one right now because you've mentally given up. That's why I say, Man up bitch and do something about it!
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/01/2006 1:53pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good post. Seriously, dude, you do sound like a *****. Who cares if you're 155? All the more reason to train harder. Besides, when I was 18 I was 5'8" and 135. Now I'm 5'10" and 170. You are going to gain weight--it's up to you whether or not it's good weight or bad weight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/01/2006 3:06pm

Style: BJJ/ Judo/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm 6ft and 132 lbs. After 8 months of judo I can tap the n00bs in class (they are 165 and 180 lbs). It's better for technique to roll with people bigger than you, and when you get beigger you will start to dominate people your size.

10th level Superlesson Grandmaster

Posted On:
    1/01/2006 6:25pm

Style: Currently Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    8 months to tap the noobs?
    Who, for Pete’s sake! Is opposing science? In fact, we want MORE science by CRITICALLY ANALIZING the evidence-Connie Morris, Kansas State BOE (bolding and underlining part of original quote, red is my emphasis)

As long as you try to treat your subjective experiences as if they were objective experiences, you will continue to be confounded by people who disagree with you.-some guy on an internet messageboard

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/01/2006 6:54pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello.

I'm 18 years old, and have a relatively small size of 5'10 and 155 lbs.

I was wondering, at my current age, am I pretty much "stuck" where I am through the rest of my life? Or will I be bigger in a few years? I was told that humans go through a second "growth spurt" at around 20. I hear genetics play a lot into it as well. My father (before he died 6 years ago) was also 5'10 but much heftier (around 210 pounds).

I ask because I'd like to one day check out judo and get good with that. Small guys usually don't fare well in that art.

Thanks.

Alot has to do with your genetics. I was about 5' 10" 175lbs fiishing high school, I'm now 6' 1" 250lbs, with my weight best around 230lbs in training.

As for size in Judo, I guess someone should tell that to my last instructor, he was 5' 4" and threw me around like a child.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    1/01/2006 7:51pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teryan
    I'm 6ft and 132 lbs.

Is this you?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/01/2006 10:28pm

Style: BJJ/ Judo/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PO9
    8 months to tap the noobs?
    Yea, first two months were once a week, then had to go home from college and did very little for three months, came back 3 x a week for the last three months. Judo = 50% stand up 50% ground. So about 4.5 months worth of good traning, and 2 months and a week dedicated to the ground. Next to those two I was the only one to join in 8 months, so I had to wate a while to find out I could tap n00bs.

Is this you?
    More like this....
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast