Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Why did they never try this....

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 3:26am

supporting member
     Style: Jujutsu/Mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dose the line 'I knew he was going to shoot her' mean anything to some people?
    Agreed not the best tactics, but would like to see people here's reactions in that situation, she thought someone was about to die & tried to stop it. Good on her!
    Last edited by Nate1481; 1/03/2006 7:52am at . Reason: 1 typo 2 typo 3 typo 4....
    "This won't hurt me a bit..." - My training partner.:new_astha

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 11:19am

Style: Mostly drinking. E-chaun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only proven technique to work against a gun or rifle is to simply stick your finger or a carrot in the barrel, thus forcing the pressure to build when the trigger is pulled so the gun inevitably blows up in thier face. This leaves them unharmed but stunned and startled covered in soot.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 1:10pm

Style: Judo Noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate1481
    Dose the line 'I knew he was going to shoot her' mean anything to some people?
    What it means to me is, she didn't know anything. She guessed, and incorrectly at that.

Reread what happened.

Kickboxing Coach

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 11:05pm

Style: Jujitsu/Kickboxing/Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluto Blutarsky
    The only proven technique to work against a gun or rifle is to simply stick your finger or a carrot in the barrel, thus forcing the pressure to build when the trigger is pulled so the gun inevitably blows up in thier face. This leaves them unharmed but stunned and startled covered in soot.
    I know this was meant to be sarcastic right. :confused1 If not this will only get your finger blown off and a bullet in you.

So will removing the clip and thinking this will render the gun inoperative. Some semi autos will fire with the clip out.

Control the direction of the muzzle and beat the hell out of the guy until you get the gun. Any large blunt object will help in this.

As for the lady she did what she thought was right. She payed the price for the good or bad of it. I had a friend that tried the same thing. He was being robed and thought the guy was going to shot him so he went for it. He got the gun but also a bullet in the side. Of course he's only training was as a boxer and bouncer. He made the choice he thought was right for the situation he was in.

Why did they never try this....

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 3:17am

supporting member
     Style: Jujutsu/Mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Used Up
    What it means to me is, she didn't know anything. She guessed, and incorrectly at that.

Reread what happened.
    My point was she thought he was about to shoot, she had no time to think about the pro's and con's and calculate the probablities of if diffrent outcomes.
    Would you want to be the one who stood there and watched someone get killed without even trying to help?
    "This won't hurt me a bit..." - My training partner.:new_astha

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 3:29pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At least she waited until the gun was pointed at someone else before she bravely attempted to thwart the robbery. She is obviously not only a true hero, but a smart lady as well. Too bad she still managed to accidentally get shot. (Wah, wah, wah....)

But that aside, in theory she used the most sound technique: Always wait until the gun is pointing at your "friend" before you try to take out an armed criminal.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2006 9:30am

Style: Pancrase

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    to bad she didnt have a pair of scissors handy.Coulda stuck him good while his back was turned.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123