Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2007 12:41pm

Style: BJJ/boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Rigan Machado seminar 4/28 South Florida

I don't know if this is right place to post this so moderators please move if not.

On Saturday April 28th, 2007 there will be a seminar will feature World Champion/BJJ Legend Rigan Machado and BJJ Champion Marcos Santos.

10am to noon- session 1, Rigan Machado (Gi session)

noon to 1pm- lunch break

1pm to 3pm- session 2, Marcos Santos NHB/No-Gi grappling

3pm to 5pm- session 3, Rigan Machado BJJ Blue Belts and up
    session (Gi session)

seminar is limited to 30 participants Only!!! 1st come 1st serve basis

for more information call (954)475-2333 and ask for Mike Lee kanarek

Cost is $100.00 for the 10:00 to 3:00 portion, I think it's an extra $50.00 for the blue belt session (I'm not blue yet so I didn't really look into it.)

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/07/2007 1:30pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where is this being held at?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2007 4:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    at the Haganah school it is off state road 84 going east from Flamingo Road. When you go east from Flamingo look to your right and you will see a small strip mall. The school is in between a biker shop and a guitar store.

Easiest way to get there is take either 95 or the turnpike to 595 west, get off at the Flamingo exit do a u-turn for 84 east and you are there. It is limited to 30 people and I think there are only about 12 to 15 spots remaining.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/07/2007 6:41pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by smillard
    at the Haganah school it is off state road 84 going east from Flamingo Road. When you go east from Flamingo look to your right and you will see a small strip mall. The school is in between a biker shop and a guitar store.

Easiest way to get there is take either 95 or the turnpike to 595 west, get off at the Flamingo exit do a u-turn for 84 east and you are there. It is limited to 30 people and I think there are only about 12 to 15 spots remaining.
    Ach, wish I could make it. Just got back from my therapist, I'm wearing a sling for a few days while my elbow and shoulder heal up. :(
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2007 9:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That sucks, sorry to hear that. Hope you recover quickly. I'll try to take notes and if anything really relavent comes up that I don't screw up I'll pass on the info.

From what I heard this is probably going to be a very rare thing since Rigan doesn't come down here very often and he is very pricey for these things.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2007 3:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If anyone is interested there are still about five spaces left for the seminar. After the seminar there is an amateur kickboxing and sub grappling fight at Nova Southeastern University starts at 6:00 pm. This is an attempt to start a legitimate amateur MMA promotion. The state is going to monitor the seperated events to make sure they go off legit and if after three of these KB/ grappling events go off they will allow MMA. So I really encourage everyone in South Florida to support this.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    4/25/2007 4:21pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    smillard, do you have a link for this amateour MMA event??? If so, we may want to create a brand new thread for it on iCompete and spread the word.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/26/2007 3:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't have a link. The people promoting it are called "Left Hook Promotions". The event is called Warriors Collide and it is being held this Saturday at 6:00 pm at the NSU University Center Arena. If I find a link I'll post it or PM it to you.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    4/27/2007 12:55pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    smillard, the Sun Sentinel has a video article in today's video section:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/sfl...8.videogallery

("Warriors Collide: Amateur Kickboxing event coming to NSU" under "Entertainment Videos")

I didn't know Larry Borden from Hammer Gym was putting fighters in it. They'll even feature a couple of lady fighters.

I'm going to create a thread in iCompete for this. I'll be there 6'o clock sharp!!!!
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2007 1:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool, I will be there. Some of us might be going to the Davie ale house before to grab a bite to eat. Just look for the guys with the sleeveless shirts with Haganah Fight Club. We are all wearing them so the guy from our school fighting knows we are there to support him. By the way, get the tickets soon from last night the chances are this will be sold out before tomorrow.

By the way, who's the new hottie in your avatar?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast