Page 5 of 5 First 12345
  1. #41

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    74
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by I aint punchy!?
    Surely some dude with San Shou and some ground fighting would do well in MMA comps.
    im no MMA event expert but i think there's plenty of them in KOTC.
    i doubt we'll see any in pride soon, maybe in the lightweight divisions? i dont think they're marketable enough. in the UFC, we wont see any.

  2. #42
    Shuma-Gorath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,607
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by I aint punchy!?
    Surely some dude with San Shou and some ground fighting would do well in MMA comps.
    Vacuously true.

  3. #43
    Cullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Posts
    6,525
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sami Berik in the UK. But I don't think the San Shou circuit is as big as the MT or Kickboxing circuits, so there are going to be less people coming up from that route.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

    !! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

    Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey



    I <3 Sirc.

  4. #44
    meng_mao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Westford, MA
    Posts
    2,007
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    Sami Berik in the UK. But I don't think the San Shou circuit is as big as the MT or Kickboxing circuits, so there are going to be less people coming up from that route.
    Sami Berik's record 5-9 or 4-8, depending on whether you look at his site or Sherdog. Props to him for fighting, but clearly he's not as good as other people doing 'traditional' MMA. If a pure Taichiguy managed to get a good record, that would be great proof that a CMA art works in MMA, but when the majority of you losses come from submissions, it tells you that what Taichi/Sanshou is missing is a major disadvantage in MMA. That said, yes Sami is a CMA fighter, so werd.

  5. #45

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    315
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    James Fanshier is a former KOTC welter weight champ and currently the #2 ranked contender at welterweight. He's a San Da stylist out of Cung Le's camp.

    http://cungle.com/profile_james_fanshier.html
    Cung Le

  6. #46

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    115
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    DeLucia did 5-animals. I heard somewhere that he made friends with the Gracies, learned BJJ and is now apparently into trying to make Aikido work in an MMA context.
    You heard right, it's true.

  7. #47

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sunshine State
    Posts
    1,852
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey any word on a get together?

    Give me a call or drop me an email.

    Later,

    Dale








  8. #48

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    115
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas
    Hey any word on a get together?

    Give me a call or drop me an email.

    Later,

    Dale
    I'll post on the other thread, but we're going to have to postpone til after Jason DeLucia's Feb 4 Cage Rage fight.
    We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread .

  9. #49
    meng_mao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Westford, MA
    Posts
    2,007
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wer
    I'll post on the other thread, but we're going to have to postpone til after Jason DeLucia's Feb 4 Cage Rage fight.
    We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread .
    Feb?! Aw come on, school starts in Feb! Can someone else host?

Page 5 of 5 First 12345

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO