223986 Bullies, 3933 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 910 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    12/31/2005 12:17am

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice circle walking Omar! Reminds me of some Wing Whatever steps, but we only go one step either direction and back so it only draws about 1/4 to 1/2 circle...

Both WT and Latosa Weapons System use the idea of Putting the foot down pointed the way it is need to direct power and remain rooted.

Kidsuat is missing the context of the crossed legs. You don't stand with the legs crossed but they cross as you move. It is a part of the mobility itself. Moving to the side, the longest distance you can create is to cross in front or behind and then move the other foot to return to a "boxer" stance. It is almost twice as far for the same effort. It has its uses. I like crossing in front to protect the standing leg. While the boxing/ bouncing stance and footwork is very mobile, it doesn't cover large distances. Its great because most of the time you don't need large distances!!

In WT, after a kick, if the way is free, you step with the toe out and bring the other foot through the space behind the standing knee to do another kick. or their is a ghost kick, the dummy form cross kick, and the turn with leg switch. Also the tropoald dummy kicking set has some very related steps....I am starting to see why you say Wing Whatever and What you do are so alike. :eusa_danc

Maybe I should make some vids.....:-)

"If anything is gained from this, it should be you both wanting to get better so you can make up for how crappy you are now." KidSpatula about the Sirc vs DTT Gong Sau Event
    Until the Bulltube is fixed:
    DTT vs Sirc

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    12/31/2005 3:56am

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by deepbluehalo
    "Good position". Which way? Backwards?

You are talking about a "guard" designed to focus on one person and
    pound them.

The circle walk is about making a guard that works on the assumption
    that there are more than one of them. You have to "keep moving" your
    guard to keep your back away from 2+ people as much as possible.
    While you carve them to ribbons of course, with an eight foot broadsword.

The idea is you won't get good shots because you don't have time.

In about a second or so I can throw 4~ solid shots, three of which are power shots shots (Jab, cross, hook, cross) while maintaining mobility and rapid forward movement. If i dont have time to throw 4 shots at an opponent and engage another then I've gotten myself into a situation that pretty much nothing is going to save me from.

(I must admit I am kind of sad that you dont come to the gym anymore, you're totally missing out on seeing how extremely fast and strong I've become since you've left :P )

In addition to that, cross stepping is slower and less mobile then boxing style footwork anyways, certainly not faster, so i really dont think it would be any better against multiple opponents.
    Last edited by Anna Kovacs; 12/31/2005 3:58am at .

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    12/31/2005 4:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar
    lol. Nothing I love better than an opponent who is wedded to the idea of classic boxer type shuffling footwork. It makes it oh so much easier to outflank them. Apparently shuffling is more mobile than walking?

I wonder if you love us more then we love people that cross their feet and get hammered into the corner because they can't move fast enough or counter strike with any signifigant power.

Shuffling is plenty mobile, though the point of it is that you remain in position to move strike and defend at all times. If someone wants to walk around while I fight them I have no qualms with that.

I find it extremely unlikely that someone will outflank me in striking distance quicker then I can remain oriented on them and ready to strike when the distance is appropriette.

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    12/31/2005 4:18am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    In about a second or so I can throw 4~ solid shots, three of which are power shots shots (Jab, cross, hook, cross) while maintaining mobility and rapid forward movement. If i dont have time to throw 4 shots at an opponent and engage another then I've gotten myself into a situation that pretty much nothing is going to save me from.
    You can throw 4 solid punches in 1 second ? And when you say solid I understand that as punches with power beind them.

Whatever your day job is, quit and go become a proffessional boxer. You'll make millions.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    12/31/2005 4:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal
    You can throw 4 solid punches in 1 second ? And when you say solid I understand that as punches with power beind them.

Whatever your day job is, quit and go become a proffessional boxer. You'll make millions.
    While that is my intention I'll never make millions in womens combat sports and i'll probably have to keep my day job.

Edit: Thats not to say that I am bad and will never make it anywhere, that's to say that the pay in womens combat sports is fuckin crap.
    Last edited by Anna Kovacs; 12/31/2005 4:39am at .

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    12/31/2005 9:11am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal

Three solid punches, not four. I haven't trained in 8 years and I can do that combination in under 2 seconds, maybe Anna was exagerating slightly, but not by much.

As for crossing the legs, well it's very instincual for me to maintain a solid base. I'd have to see it in action before I was convinced, because I could lay into any (boxing) sparring partner of mine who was dumb enough to cross his legs in front of me safe in the knowledge that there was **** all he could do about it until he got his feet untangled (hell, I might even be able to knock him down with a solid shot, whether he blocked it or not).

Not saying it won't work, because it goes far out of the range of my experience. But my old coach would've boxed my ears if he saw me try anything like that :)
    Last edited by Lu Tze; 12/31/2005 9:18am at .

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    12/31/2005 9:28am

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    I wonder if you love us more then we love people that cross their feet and get hammered into the corner because they can't move fast enough.....

Let me get this straight....you are asserting that shuffling is faster than putting one foot in front of the other like you do when you walk.

I wonder why sprinters and tennis players and other atheletes havn't figured this out yet.
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    12/31/2005 9:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar
    Let me get this straight....you are asserting that shuffling is faster than putting one foot in front of the other like you do when you walk.

I wonder why sprinters and tennis players and other atheletes havn't figured this out yet.
    It is if you're trying to maintain a position from which to fight well.

Of course, comparing the chicken leg walk to sprinting is a bit silly in and of itself, I would love to see someone sprint like that, wouldnt be setting any records imo...

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    12/31/2005 9:44am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was not a chicken walk. And where is this crossing legs thing coming from?
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    12/31/2005 9:48am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze
    Three solid punches, not four. I haven't trained in 8 years and I can do that combination in under 2 seconds, maybe Anna was exagerating slightly, but not by much.

Well, I did say a second or so ;) Certainly less then two.

Of course, point being, thats three power shots + a solid jab in short order.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 910 LastLast