Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Umm, hi

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Umm, hi

I've been lurking for weeks, and I've finally grown tired of the "you haven't posted yet which makes you a loser," language at the top of *every* page.

I've been back into MA for about a whole month or so, after more than a decade's hiatus. I've been training at a McDojo twice a week. Even though it's a McDojo, I believe in their curriculum, at least for a newb like me; I have noticed definite improvements in my agility, endurance, and strength in the short time I've been training.

Someday I'll work up the courage to review the dojo for BS posterity.

Anyways, I'm here, enjoying the hell out of YMAS and throwdown vids.

Style
    TKD, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to the party. I highly recommend finding out when the next Throwdown in your area is and attending. You get to meet a bunch of cool people and try your stuff out against a variety of skill sets and experience levels.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @Kintanon - I've joined my nascent local throwdown group (South Florida). Of course, I suck, but I don't mind being a punching bag if I can learn from the experience. Just don't tell my wife! Thanks for the welcome.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT supporting member
    Style
    None
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome. Are you getting MT, BJJ, MMA and Kenpo under one roof?
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Style
    MT noob, BJJ even noober
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm curious too... especially from a fellow South Florida-ite.

Welcome to Bullshido, daddykata!

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    War Wheel - that's what they say :) My profile is probably a little misleading; we don't train in multiple explicit/independent disciplines; we train in a total BS style that combines elements of those disciplines (in other words, MMA (mixed as in Osterizer)).

Restated, I'm not concurrently earning belts in every system mentioned, if that's what you are asking. Right now, it is very heavily MT and Americanized Kenpo. Like I said, McDojo, not where you would train for UFC, but a good workout; according to my current understanding of practicality and aliveness, I'd rate the school probably 6.5 of 10 overall. That is, if you'll accept the rating from a near-total newb that happens to enjoy the school enough to keep going (and paying).

Although I'm going to the dojo twice a week, I'm also spending 20-40 minutes working out at home the other 5 days. My current dream is to get a throwdown or two under my belt this year, even though I suck; I probably won't undertake my first before the end of June, because I need to get my endurance up, just in case I make it past the first 5 seconds of round 1.

Thanks for the welcome, I kinda like it here.

Style
    Boxing, Rowing Fu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi, welcome to the boards!

If the place you train at is bullshido, as you say, why train there? Are there any other schools in your area? Is there a particular facet of martial arts you prefer (striking/grappling/clinchwork)?

I get that you enjoy training there, and that its a decent work out. Do you spar at all? Thats a good indicator of legit-ness.

Stu xD

Style
    Kickboxin & Shootfightin
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just a quick hi and a small note in general. Don't confuse McDojo for Bullshido. They are quite different things..... Just sayin.

Welcome.

Style
    Boxing, Rowing Fu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiPhil889 View Post
    Just a quick hi and a small note in general. Don't confuse McDojo for Bullshido. They are quite different things..... Just sayin.
    Well, condsidering that McDojo arts and arts accused of bullshido are often the same...shotocrap, shaolin-do, _ing _un, tkd, ninjutsu...

Stu xD

Style
    Kickboxin & Shootfightin
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu-Jitsu View Post
    Well, condsidering that McDojo arts and arts accused of bullshido are often the same...shotocrap, shaolin-do, _ing _un, tkd, ninjutsu...

Stu xD
    ...BJJ

Edit:sorry,this is the wrong forum for this type of discussion i suspect,so am leaving it there

Page 1 of 2 12 Last