218358 Bullies, 5381 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 51 to 60 of 96
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Ronin.74 is offline

    霍氏八极拳徒弟

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,468

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 10:40am


     Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by aegismaster
    sorry to ask this, as an mma ape, who doesn't really understand chinese martial arts to well.
    Who the f**k is master an? what makes him qualified and what makes you 2 guys qualified to talk about 'real fighting techniques'?

    I can't imagine most of kung fu working in a situation against another martial artist.
    Sure, some drunk in a bar might get a chop to the neck and pass out but in a cage or ring Kung Fu sucks.

    I am not pi55ing on anybodys chips, i just want to know what the hell you two are talking about!
    Master An is a very credible CMA instructor from China who is currently living in the U.S. I don't recall ever discussing "real fighting techniques" in this thread, the core point of this discussion has been the outing of a fraudulent instructor who was lying about his credentials and ripping off students giving them poor quality instruction in systems that he was not in any way certified to teach.

    Personally I train with Master An because I see it as an excellent opportunity to train with someone who has spent his life in the system, who has fought in the ring, and has coached national champions in both Wushu and Sanda. I disagree with your statement that Kung Fu doesn't work in a cage, Sanda is esentially a modern day kungfu system that is basically kickboxing and has incorporated many techniques from traditional kung fu. We also have a couple of MMA fighters here at Bullshido whose base system was/is Kung fu (Omega and Lord Asia) I will agree that in most cases Kung fu fails under pressure, but that has more to do with the training methods and less to do with the system as a whole (i.e. most KF people don't spar becuase they think they are too deadly, which is bullshit)

    As for me and how am I qualified to judge anyone, I never claimed to be qualified to judge the person we're talking about except for his skills in Baji Kung fu, which I have studied for almost 3 years now. But since you asked, I'll give you a quick rundown. 15 years of MA experience, spent the last 4 years training Muay Thai and Baji regularly, and Brazilian Jiujitsu when I can fit it in. I hope that answers your questions.

    Below I've linked a vid of our very own Lord Asia using Baji Kung Fu against a Muay Thai fighter (although the MT fighter is obviously much less skilled and smaller). I thought it may help give you some perspective about what we're going on about in this thread.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_642acVEa1E
  2. aegismaster is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    28

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 12:54pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MT, BJJ, MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just watched the video, like the shoulder strike!

    interesting stuff, he is clearly punching below his weight, but nonetheless interesting.
  3. Ronin.74 is offline

    霍氏八极拳徒弟

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,468

    Posted On:
    3/07/2007 12:56pm


     Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by aegismaster
    Just watched the video, like the shoulder strike!

    interesting stuff, he is clearly punching below his weight, but nonetheless interesting.
    Exactly, it's by no means an even matchup but it helps to give you an idea of what Baji is and how it is used in certain situations.
  4. Ronin.74 is offline

    霍氏八极拳徒弟

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,468

    Posted On:
    3/08/2007 7:34pm


     Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by xaviertr
    Oh yeah, Mr. Turpen changed his claims on his acupuncture website-

    http://www.integra.homestead.com/turpen.html

    he now only states he is a long time practitionerof kung fu, instead of the 25 years, 6th degree black sash, master B.S.. I find it humerous that he still only backs up as far as he has to, without letting go of the fantasy. I am meeting with a reporter from a local paper (iIll hold off on saying which one until the story is printed) on Tuesday the 13th. I wasn't going to say anything, but I am giddy that this will get that kind of local coverage. They are also interested in covering his and Melissa's illegal herb prescribing. If that goes out, it will cost them both their licenses.
    Xaviertr

    I will be in Columbus training with Master An on the 14th. Let me know as soon as you can about what goes down with the newspaper deal. I also received some new info tonight from the Senior student regarding Mr. Turpen and a phone call to Master An, but I don't want to post it just yet, not until I get to speak with Master An about it and get the info first hand. I'll put it up as soon as I can confirm it with him.
  5. xaviertr is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    30

    Posted On:
    3/09/2007 3:16am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: modern combatives

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds good. I heard through a source that Mr. Turpen wants to sue me in court. I wholeheartily welcome his legal action. I would love to take all of what I have collected into a courtroom and present it to a judge. I can prove over 40 lies or embellishments that Mr. Turpen has spewed. A judge would see what I have and know what kind of con-artist Turpen is. I don't fear his reprisals. Actually, we'll call what I have done to make people aware of his deception to this point- phase one. If Mr. Turpen or his wife (I hear she is fighting his battle's these days) push, I will move on to phase two. He has lost all credibility, had to take down his websites, his myspace, been caught in his lies by his religious teachers, been exposed to most major choy lay fut masters in the u.s., lost his "school", been outed in cyberspace, etc. Phase two will bring him more embarrassment and expose him to civil action and criminal charges.

    I look forward to hearing about the phone call. I have heard he is trying to get Master An to put something in writing to give him validity. I hope An does not fall for Turpen's ploy.
  6. Ronin.74 is offline

    霍氏八极拳徒弟

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,468

    Posted On:
    3/09/2007 9:03am


     Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by xaviertr
    Sounds good. I heard through a source that Mr. Turpen wants to sue me in court. I wholeheartily welcome his legal action. I would love to take all of what I have collected into a courtroom and present it to a judge. I can prove over 40 lies or embellishments that Mr. Turpen has spewed. A judge would see what I have and know what kind of con-artist Turpen is. I don't fear his reprisals. Actually, we'll call what I have done to make people aware of his deception to this point- phase one. If Mr. Turpen or his wife (I hear she is fighting his battle's these days) push, I will move on to phase two. He has lost all credibility, had to take down his websites, his myspace, been caught in his lies by his religious teachers, been exposed to most major choy lay fut masters in the u.s., lost his "school", been outed in cyberspace, etc. Phase two will bring him more embarrassment and expose him to civil action and criminal charges.

    I look forward to hearing about the phone call. I have heard he is trying to get Master An to put something in writing to give him validity. I hope An does not fall for Turpen's ploy.
    You guessed it. I don't have all the details right now, but from what I've heard Mr. Turpen called Master An asking him to sign off on something regarding his status as Master An's student. From what I was told last night Master An refused, but like I said I don't have specifics yet, hopefully after Saturday I will know more.

    On a side note, this thread is now the 2nd or 3rd thing that pops up on Google when you type in Tom Turpen's name. As opposed to a week or so ago when it didn't show up at all.
    Last edited by Ronin.74; 3/09/2007 12:03pm at .
  7. xaviertr is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    30

    Posted On:
    3/09/2007 12:27pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: modern combatives

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you have contact with Master An, please make him aware that as of last night, the letter they want him to write was being used to counter a lawsuit by his students and help him prove he is an instructor (from 3 months training of course). Turpen will twist whatever An gives him to stay out of trouble or prove he is "the master" to his remaining student.
  8. xaviertr is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    30

    Posted On:
    3/09/2007 12:46pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: modern combatives

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On a side note, this thread is now the 2nd or 3rd thing that pops up on Google when you type in Tom Turpen's name. As opposed to a week or so ago when it didn't show up at all.
    The more people that are aware of this con-artist's schemes, the less people will get taken in in the future. I am doing everthing within my power and legal means to ensure it.
  9. Ronin.74 is offline

    霍氏八极拳徒弟

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,468

    Posted On:
    3/09/2007 1:17pm


     Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by xaviertr
    If you have contact with Master An, please make him aware that as of last night, the letter they want him to write was being used to counter a lawsuit by his students and help him prove he is an instructor (from 3 months training of course). Turpen will twist whatever An gives him to stay out of trouble or prove he is "the master" to his remaining student.
    I will be speaking with Master An this afternoon and I will let him know not to write any letters on behalf of Tom Turpen becuase they will be used in this manner. I will also advise him not to sign his name on any documents from Tom Turpen.
  10. xaviertr is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    30

    Posted On:
    3/09/2007 1:38pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: modern combatives

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you!
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.