Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 9:55am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting webpage. I'd remove his home address and number if I were you.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 10:01am

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Xavier,

I am really enjoying the report you linked above. I was wondering what prompted you to investigate him so thoroughly? Were you one of those people that he duped? (Never mind I had not fully read your report before asking these questions, having finished reading it I now know the answers)

I mentioned this thread and you findings to my training partner in Columbus yesterday and we had a good laugh about it. He even told me that on several occassions Tom would start spewing some BS story and Tom's own wife would look at him cross eyed and ask if he was telling stories again. Excellent work!
    Last edited by Ronin.74; 2/16/2007 10:06am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 2:35pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: modern combatives

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did remove his street address. I want people in his are to know where he is operating from. His top student will be posting here sometime this weekend and I will put his statement on the website as well. Ronin.74- His wife Melissa knows he full of donkey-dung and has done that same thing many times. She is just as bad, as she embellishes her acupuncture qualifications.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 2:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by xaviertr
    I did remove his street address. I want people in his are to know where he is operating from. His top student will be posting here sometime this weekend and I will put his statement on the website as well. Ronin.74- His wife Melissa knows he full of donkey-dung and has done that same thing many times. She is just as bad, as she embellishes her acupuncture qualifications.
    Well they sound like the perfect couple. I am interested to see what his top student has to say.

As I said in my original post I am not qualified to judge his Choy Li Fut claims, but it looks like you've already done a good job at proving that they are all but non existent. I already know his Baji is a joke (although I haven't seen it myself), I have been told this by Master An as well as a couple of other students that trained around the same time as him.

Do you know if they ever did any contact sparring at their school? I remember on his old website they had photos of him and another student in sparring gear but no real indication of sparring actually taking place.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 2:59pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very good job. I just don't want to see a good job pulled down because of personal info.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 4:15pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His Choy Lay Fut was learned from Master Tat Mau Wong's video course. He is not qualified through them as an instructor, even though he claims it ( you can call for yourself at (415)752-5568). He also claims ties with Doc Fai Wong. That was a bogus claim as well ((415) 665-2488).

His top student recently took his black sash test and is a very skilled martial artist. This has been hard on him, as he invested his blood, sweat, and money for several years to achieve something that was bogus. He is the kind of student that puts as much time in outside of class as he does inside of class. His skill is the result of his hard work and not Tom Turpen's teaching, which left him with some big holes in his training. That is why a qualified teacher is really important.

Tom Turpen never sparred. His students did a little bit. Turpen never put his skills on the line, which should have been the first big clue.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 5:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's unfortunate that people got tooken advantage of by Turpen for so many years. Now they are in the position where they have to make a decision, stay with Tom, or find someone else. Personally I would be apprehensive of anyone that came to train with Master An from Tom simply because I don't know if I could trust them. I wouldn't put it past Tom to send someone who is loyal to him to try to get the new information that he himself hasn't yet gotten. But I am a bit paranoid.

At this time Tom is just the first one in Columbus to pull this ****. I am worried that as soon as Master An returns to China permanently you will see 3-5 new "Baji Masters" pop up in Columbus, none of whom will be qualified to teach.

Thank you for again for thoroughly outing "Da Shi" (big **** ) and hopefully completely removing this fraud from Columbus.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 6:08pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe Tom's students to be sincere. I have interacted with them on several occasions and they are good people that bought into his fantasies. I think he only has a couple of students left since he was outed anyway. I simply fear that if he isn't well exposed and his information made readily available to new students, that as time passes, he will pop up again here or in another location.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 10:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe Tom's students to be sincere. I have interacted with them on several occasions and they are good people that bought into his fantasies. I think he only has a couple of students left since he was outed anyway. I simply fear that if he isn't well exposed and his information made readily available to new students, that as time passes, he will pop up again here or in another location.
    I agree I think he will try to get his little school going again, it's just a matter of where and when.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/18/2007 10:42am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A quick update- After being exposed as a fraud, Thomas Turpen has changed his tune. Instead of claiming to be a closed door disciple of Master An, he now only claims him as his sifu. Just another example of his backtracking since he was busted. You can see it on his myspace- http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=124993845. I have begun outing him to those on his myspace and am about 1/3 of the way done. Spread the word! Let others know about this fraud!
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast