Exasperated.

Posted On:
    12/29/2005 12:11pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Elvis
    It's all fun and games beating up on wrestlers in BJJ until the wrestlers learn BJJ. Then yo asses in trouble. Stick around in BJJ long enough and you'll realize a lot of the really good grapplers have wrestling backrounds. They have alot coming into the game that the average Joe doesn't have including exceptional bases, balance, control, sensativity, conditioning and mental focus not to mention their take downs are going to be 95% better than the typical pure blood BJJ artist.
    No doubt. My coach and some of the better purples are ex-wrestlers.
    Still don't know how I got jap whizzered by one such guy when I had his back.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2005 12:38pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu / JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got a guy in class that was a high school and college wrestler. He has been in class for about half the time I have and can beat me every time. The closest I can come to a win is to wear him out but he always just quits instead of getting tapped. Kinda robs me of a victory.

Hi, guys

Posted On:
    12/29/2005 1:30pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quitting is getting tapped. There's no quitting until the tap or you've lost anyway. Don't be silly.
    More human than human is our motto.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/30/2005 8:52pm

Style: TKD; BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's a guy who used to wrestle who joined my BJJ class recently, he's only been to a few classes so far. Whenever I roll with him, I end up pulling guard, going for sweeps and subs all over the place. I get his back pretty regularly. Whenever I sweep him or start passing his guard, though, he goes batshit insane and starts shoving me away like I have a knife or something. Unfortunately he has now gotten extremely good at open guard passing, so he'll just force my guard open, stand up, then pass to half guard or side control. Not that he can do anything from there, but still.

He also recently learned his first submission, a Kimura, and he tried it from basically every single position against me. We started on Knee-on-stomach for that particular match, he tried to kimura me from underneith there, then from underneith side control after he escaped knee-on-stomach, then he got to his knees and I pulled guard, where he tried to kimura me again. yeah, he tried to kimura me from MY guard.

The only other wrestler I've rolled with is a friend of mine who only wrestled for a few years in high school, but had no other grappling experience. I triangle choked him pretty quickly.

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    12/30/2005 8:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just wait jedi master... he'll be tapping your ass soon enough.
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Posted On:
    12/30/2005 10:21pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At my last tournament I ended up in a wrestler's guard after scoring the single-leg from the knees. What you do from there is slap on the can opener, then when they turn to ask the ref if the can opener is legal you do a real pass for the easiest three points of your life.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12